Poll

What is your favourite Oh No! More Lemmings tileset?

Brick
9 (45%)
Rock
3 (15%)
Snow
2 (10%)
Bubble
6 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: [POLL] What is your favourite Oh No! More Lemmmings tileset?  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
[POLL] What is your favourite Oh No! More Lemmmings tileset?
« on: September 20, 2021, 10:11:59 PM »
Another tileset poll. Thanks for WillLem for the suggestion and also seeing all his polls inspired me to make my own polls in the first place :lemcat:

As always, please share you thoughts here if you want to. The more discussion the better!

Mine is probably Brick. Just like it, plus feels the most different.

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
Re: [POLL] What is your favourite Oh No! More Lemmmings tileset?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 08:02:41 AM »
I love Brick to make good looking architecture but my favorite has to be Rock! It's not as easy to use as Brick but it has such a unique atmosphere and can be used to make gorgeous levels lush with vegetation, decaying with invasive roots, or shiny with beautiful emeralds. I always have fun making levels with this tileset :thumbsup:

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 08:26:11 AM »
Bubble for me please! :thumbsup:
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 08:34:09 AM »
Brick! 8-)
Red is my favorite color and brick style has so many interesting terrain pieces: chain, barrel, arch, stair ...
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 10:09:24 AM »
I voted for Brick. Brick and Bubble have a lot of color harmony.

By the way: is Bubble the only tileset without steel terrain sprites? I don't remember any level from ONML with steel plates. Which is quite strange, isn't it?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 10:44:34 AM »
In the original game and Lemmix, yes, the Bubble tileset has no steel. Steel was added for it in Cheapo and NeoLemmix.

Bubble is definitely my favourite, since it's absolutely gorgeous when used well, although using it to its full potential is hard. Brick and Rock can be very good as well, but Brick especially has the potential to fall flat and leave levels looking very dull. Snow is exceptionally hard to use and levels will usually look dull unless you do something really exceptional with it (or blend it with other tilesets).

Online WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 10:00:16 PM »
I chose Brick, but Bubble is a very, very close second. Most of the reasons already outlined by others cover my choices.

I'd add to it that my favourite 3 levels from Oh No! are all Brick levels: LeMming ToMato KetchUp fAcilitY, Oh No! It's The 4TH DIMENSION! and AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!, which is mainly what swung the choice for me, ultimately.

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2021, 11:10:47 PM »
I'm a huge fan of bubble - when a level in bubble is presented nicely it just looks really good and has good visual clarity too. Having said that, I find bubble one of the trickier ones to build with!
My Level Packs: Quartet