Poll

Would anyone like to see me do a LP of all contest levels in addition to all the LPs of level packs (21 so far) I've done?

Yes, absolutely! I love the LPs you've been doing a lot
2 (28.6%)
Yes, the more LPs from you, the merrier
2 (28.6%)
Nah, your LPs of level packs are good enough. No need to do the contest entries too
3 (42.9%)
Nah, don't bother. The past is the past.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: LPing All Past Contest Levels  (Read 2348 times)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
LPing All Past Contest Levels
« on: August 26, 2021, 10:17:28 AM »
Something that I've been thinking of a lot lately, and something that a couple of members of this community suggested I do, as I seem to be one of the big guys when it comes to level solving around here and the main, established LPer of Lemmings level packs (at least in modern times, as I'm not aware of anyone else who is currently solving packs LP style like I am), and that is, me LPing all contest levels, starting with #1 and working all the way up to the present LDC. I've already done both LDC #22 and LDC #23, so really it'll be up to LDC #21. By LP, I think I'm just simply going to be showing off my solutions and just orally explain them out loud, rather than do a blind playthrough, as honestly that will likely take forever.

Regarding the Lix entries, I'm not sure if I'll be doing those as well, but I might. At least if it's not too much of a hassle to get them up and running, although I'm wondering if any will have solvability problems in the most recent version. If not, then I'll likely just stick with the Neolemmix/Lemmini/Superlemmini entries.

So, what does the community think of this? Think it's a good idea? I put up a poll on this.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: LPing All Past Contest Levels
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 02:53:38 PM »
The normal Lix download contains all (I believe!) contest levels in levels/single/misc/contests/.

All levels that ship with Lix are proven solvable for that version. Proof replays for the contests folder, Proof replays for all folders.

My early level Long Division still sucks, even though it's solvable. Feel free to increase the skillset for the LP:
Batters: 6 -> 8
Diggers: 6 -> 8
Builders: 1

-- Simon

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 04:59:35 PM »
The normal Lix download contains all (I believe!) contest levels in levels/single/misc/contests/.

Some of the level design contest levels are integrated in other packs:
lemforum pack: Las Ranas Hermanas by geoo, All Around the World by Proxima, A Necklace of Raindrops by Proxima
misc/miniatures: Deadly Cells by geoo
NepsterLix: Altruism by Nepster

Oh No! More Tame Levels (V3) by Proxima is not part of the Lix release I think.

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 06:39:11 AM »
Improved versions of my contest levels have ended up in my latest pack too.
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft