Poll

What are your favourite NeoLemmix skills?

Walker
3 (5.4%)
Jumper
4 (7.1%)
Shimmier
4 (7.1%)
Slider
2 (3.6%)
Climber
4 (7.1%)
Swimmer
2 (3.6%)
Floater
2 (3.6%)
Glider
3 (5.4%)
Disarmer
0 (0%)
Bomber
3 (5.4%)
Stoner
2 (3.6%)
Blocker
2 (3.6%)
Platformer
4 (7.1%)
Builder
3 (5.4%)
Stacker
2 (3.6%)
Laserer
3 (5.4%)
Basher
2 (3.6%)
Fencer
2 (3.6%)
Miner
3 (5.4%)
Digger
2 (3.6%)
Cloner
4 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: [POLL] Your favourite NeoLemmix skills [POLL]  (Read 2131 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[POLL] Your favourite NeoLemmix skills [POLL]
« on: September 19, 2021, 11:27:16 PM »
Choose your favourite NeoLemmix skills in the above poll: you can check as many as you like.

Feel free to discuss any of the skills, and the reasons for your choices! :)

N.B. Remember to make your choices based on how these skills are interpreted and presented in NeoLemmix, but by all means discuss and make comparisons on their use in other Lemmings games/ports.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 11:36:33 PM by WillLem »

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: [POLL] Your favourite NeoLemmix skills [POLL]
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 10:39:59 AM »
It was difficult for me to vote in this one, because I don't have a clear separation in my mind into favourites and non-favourites, but more of a pyramid with several tiers. I already talked about this to some extent in the topic "Defining the 'classic 10' skills".

My top-tier original skills would be climber, bomber, builder and miner (in other words, every odd-numbered skill :P ), with blocker, basher and digger being just a little below these. The floater did make my "classic 10" pick (and will be included in GemLems), but it's quite a long way below the others, especially now that we have the slider for a different flavour of getting-down-from-a-height shenanigans.

I loved the walker and jumper from Lix, and I'm very happy they have both transitioned to NeoLemmix, including the ability of a jumper-climber to latch onto a wall. The shimmier, on the other hand, is intriguing because I'm not used to playing around with it (and even in NeoLemmix, it's recent enough that I haven't played very much content with it), but it has similar uses to the jumper, without some of the jumper's interactions, but with the ability to go long distances if you can find the right places to use it, and with the ability for other skills to extend its travelling distance.

When the "20th skill" discussion started, and it looked like we would only get one new skill, I was particularly keen on the slider, although I also liked the grenader (especially once we had the experimental build). It's another movement skill, but it has a quite distinctive character, and lots of potential for interesting puzzles that can't be mimicked with the existing skills.

So, overall, my tier list would look roughly like this:

Top: Climber, bomber, builder, miner, walker, jumper
High: Blocker, basher, digger, slider, shimmier, (grenader)
Middle: Floater, platformer, cloner, (spearer)
Low: Disarmer, stacker, fencer
Bottom: Swimmer, glider, stoner, laserer