Author Topic: Lemmings Quartet [Finished]  (Read 5767 times)

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Quartet
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2021, 03:02:22 PM »
So I'm currently doing a round of fix-ups and improvements following some playtesting, massive thanks to WillLem for taking the time to go through the pack :thumbsup:!

If anyone else is up for doing a playtest pass (I will provide a complete & updated pack when it is ready so it would be much like a first experience - just early ;)) please let me know as an additional set of eyes for spotting issues, helping to balance out the difficulty and just general feedback is always welcome!
My Level Packs: Quartet

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2021, 04:41:09 PM »
Weekly update: I have added an extra level with a quite open solution (but a rather interesting talisman for avoiding using a certain skill type) & done some adjusting of difficulty of the first few levels, bringing the total number of levels to 17 + 5 bonus levels. This is a bit of weird number of levels, but I'm starting to feel like I'm just looking at the levels over and over now and not really improving anything with tweaks which is a bit of a bump to the momentum I had making this pack. I'm thinking rather than overcook things I should probably just release the pack soon.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 04:47:17 PM by Apjjm »

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2021, 04:20:50 PM »
Weekly update:

The level count is now at 18. I'm definitely stopping adding levels now - the pack was originally only supposed to have 10!
I've been fortunate to get another round of playtesting (thanks Proxima!) and am working on fixing up various problems & backroutes as a result of that. I've also picked out a partial selection of music for some of the levels where I think the music fits. This is probably what I'll release with rather than having every level specify some custom music.

Finally, if anybody else is up for playtesting do let me know fairly soon - I would like to release over the next few weeks ideally (though it depends how much fixing i need to do ;)).

"Broken warpgate" - One last preview image before the release hopefully!

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2021, 09:26:05 PM »
Weekly update:

Unless something major comes up, my plan is to release within the next week after a final round of playtesting :thumbsup:

I've ended up reworking one of the later levels at the last minute after finding a rather funny (and very unfixable) alternative solution whilst I was adding some extra decoration to the level. The new version of this level has a much nicer solution than before but I've kept the old level in the bonus rank with a talisman as the solution(s) are pretty different to the new puzzle - finding the 'simple' solution is surprisingly tricky too (or at least it was for me, clearly ;)).

I have also reworked the music selection to 8 tracks and assigned one to every level now too
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 10:06:00 PM by Apjjm »

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2021, 08:38:26 AM »
I'm looking forward to it. You have a unique level building style and the concept of only 4 Lemmings each level sounds like fun. It will make for interesting levels I'm sure.
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft