Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Uncharted [Difficulty: Medium-Extreme]  (Read 49734 times)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Uncharted [Difficulty: Medium-Extreme]
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2023, 09:38:05 PM »
I too would watch your creator's commentary and encourage you to give it a try! :) I would say don't worry too much about errors in the presentation, especially when speaking. Even though I'm a native English speaker myself, I still slip up a lot on camera. If anything, I feel it has helped me tremendously in building up my confidence in speaking whenever I record my LP's or anything whenever I'm talking, such as the level solving commentary series and my recorded solutions of the LDC's and LOTY's. This is especially huge for someone like me, where I tend to be very introverted and have generally always been shy. At the same time, I don't think anyone has noticed any problems with me about being shy, especially when I have taken part of in some gaming in the community.

This was especially the case when I recorded my series for Icho's United pack, and watching it back from time to time, there were definitely other issues present, such as the sound quality in the earlier videos of the series and my often incoherent flow of thoughts. However, as I made more videos for it I enjoyed it very much, and the resulting product was something Icho really enjoyed watching and the resulting mini-discussions we had via the comments :thumbsup: It was all for the best too, I thought, especially as I did it in tandem with Icho's creator's commentary and it really helped promote his pack. I remember while making the first video I was really dying with excitement to share the video series with Icho, as it was his pack that I was showing off on camera :thumbsup:

Anyway, my congratulations to Icho for getting all of Uncharted solved. Given that he's possibly considered the best solver in this community, I thought, in contrast to me where I really struggled with your pack, he would breeze through Uncharted very easily and that the high difficulty wouldn't be a problem for him. Nope, turns out I was very wrong. Like him, I agree that this is most definitely one of the hardest packs I have ever played, with it surpassing even United's difficulty at some points, especially in the final rank, but it is also one of the best packs I've ever played too.

At the same time, I'm happy to hear that many of our roadblocks were similar, therefore confirming that I at least wasn't a dummy on a lot of these levels. Most importantly, I was very honored that Icho saw me as a partner and allowed us to combine our brains and work together to get some extremely very hard levels of the Aquarius rank solved! :thumbsup: I'm also happy to hear that my comments/feedback helped so that he could avoid wasting time with fiddly ways of solving them like I did on some select few :laugh: I absolutely enjoyed watching his journey/quest in solving all of Uncharted for the last several months. It might had taken a while, but eventually he did it. At least he knows what it's like to play a really hard pack from you, though he already has a fair share that he's played from others, such as Nepsterlems and Lemmings Plus Omega 2.

Icho

Finally, not the place for it, but I think you would like Armani's Xmas 2021 pack as well. As I was one of the pre-testers, I can definitely recommend it. It was a pack that I recommended to Swerdis to play through, which he did and was able to solve all of it from several months ago :thumbsup: It isn't anywhere near as hard like Uncharted, but it's still quite tough in many places and is definitely of excellent quality, after taking my suggestions onboard to make some levels better in terms of execution, for example ;) It's also a lot shorter, at 31 levels, but again it's no complete pushover. Maybe it'll be better for the end of the year, for the holidays, but well, no one says you can't play a Christmas pack at any other time of the year :P
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 09:54:30 PM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2023, 03:27:22 PM »
Finally, not the place for it, but I think you would like Armani's Xmas 2021 pack as well. As I was one of the pre-testers, I can definitely recommend it. It was a pack that I recommended to Swerdis to play through, which he did and was able to solve all of it from several months ago :thumbsup: It isn't anywhere near as hard like Uncharted, but it's still quite tough in many places and is definitely of excellent quality, after taking my suggestions onboard to make some levels better in terms of execution, for example ;) It's also a lot shorter, at 31 levels, but again it's no complete pushover. Maybe it'll be better for the end of the year, for the holidays, but well, no one says you can't play a Christmas pack at any other time of the year :P

It's on the list, but first a breather, then the current contest levels and after that I will give it a shot. ;)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2023, 08:51:21 PM »
I recently started uploading my solutions to my YouTube channel! :)

Link to the first video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsznsB2ZXyk

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2023, 03:46:46 AM »
V5.7 is out! ;)

Level fixes:

-5 11 Lost in an Ice Cave - added a steel block

No accepted replays will be broken by this update ;)

And congratulations to joshescue18 for completing the pack :thumbsup:
Thank you very much for playing the pack so far 8-)
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]