Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Uncharted [Difficulty: Medium-Extreme]  (Read 48770 times)

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Uncharted [Difficulty: Medium-Extreme]
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2021, 08:24:05 PM »
First three ranks completed.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2021, 08:52:20 AM »
Hello Armani,

I have completed the Aries rank, so here are my replays.

General Feedback

Wow, I'm really enjoying this pack a lot. There are plenty of difficult levels already in the first rank, but many of these are quite satisfying to figure out and solve. Lots of great tilesets here and custom music. Your great artistry definitely shows a lot in these pretty landscapes you make, although I'm pretty sure there are way more mind-blowing visual ones much later in the pack.

Aries Rank Feedback

I honestly would say the start is already harder than the Pacifism rank of United. However, the level that is way too hard for the first rank is Aries 10 - Detective Milla on the Case. I ended up being stuck there for a few days. Despite that, it is one of my favorites! ;) Also, luckily a lot of the levels are much easier after you get past Aries 10, and that's exactly what I saw.

In my experiences, Aries 1 is easy, Aries 2 is hard, Aries 3 is Medium, Aries 4 hard, and Aries 5 was easy. So really, in just the first 5 levels, the difficulty jumps around quite a bit and hence the difficulty is a bit wonky in the first rank.

More detailed feedback on the levels:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For the most part, I really enjoyed these first rank levels, especially many of the ones after Aries 10. I look forward to the other challenges of the pack in the other ranks. Once again, nice job Armani! :thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2021, 03:40:19 AM »
Thanks for all the replays and feedbacks! and also LP videos. I've been enjoying them a lot :thumbsup:
All the feedbacks, I'll keep that in mind and they will be valuable assets for my future projects.

I think I already responded to your solutions on YT comments, but I have several things I forgot to mention:

Aries7 Easy as MAS101: The title came from Namida's level "Easy as A Bee C"(first level of LPO2). And MAS101 is the subject code of calculus at my university.
Aries8 BlockChain Company: This is the only level that has a repeat level in later rank. There will be a level with same terrains, more restricrtive skillset, higher save requirement etc.

I think I'm going to update the pack everytime you finish a rank. And for now, I will wait for your feedbacks on which levels to swap positions with Aries10.

Good luck with your LP on Gemini rank :thumbsup:
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2021, 03:42:04 AM »
V2.8 is out! ;)

Level fixes:
-1 01 King's Cove - added a steel block
-1 12 Midnight Circus - added a steel block, builders are now pick-ups
-4 12 Sweet Mirages - added a trap

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2021, 12:20:03 PM »
I think the solution for Aries 1 is this, but I'm confused about...

Got me thinking for a while. Nice level, a bit hard -only for me, since I am still not used to the new skills :-[-

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2021, 02:10:26 PM »
Yes you got the correct solution :thumbsup:

Fall distance is measured from the starting point of jump, not the top of a Jumper's arc.
It can be confusing at first I can understand that.

Offline Kingshadow3

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2021, 02:31:52 PM »
Fall distance is measured from the starting point of jump, not the top of a Jumper's arc.
It can be confusing at first I can understand that.

It actually depends on when and where the lemming goes into the fall state (Uninterrupted, the jumper goes into the fall state at the same height as where he jumped from. If a jumper hits his head then Fall distance is calculated from where the lemming hit his head which would be higher.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2021, 10:13:25 AM »
Completed the second rank, so I'm back with more replays and feedback :)

Gemini Rank Feedback

Levels are harder here, but still plenty of great levels with excellent solutions! The entire rank was slow going, but after much struggling I managed to make it all the way through.

40 levels in and I still continue to enjoy your pack very much, Armani! :thumbsup: I might had only been able to generally take on about 2 levels each time per video in this rank, but this shows how the pack is already getting difficult even in the second rank. I expect the third rank to be more or less the same. So, it seems that it's just going to be one long slug to the finish line, but I will keep persevering and try and make it to the very end. So far, I haven't let the difficulty get to me and make me collapse under tremendous pressure.

I'm also very happy to see and read your comments on my solutions on my YT videos and that you're continuing to enjoy my LP of your pack very much :) More to still come later! ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2021, 02:14:02 AM »
V2.9 is out! ;)

Level fixes:
-2 06 BPM37093 - added a button to push
-2 07 Rush Hour - added some steel blocks
-2 12 Magic Box - new talisman "Schrodinger's Lemming!": complete using no more than 4 bashers
-2 14 Crossover - lowered the water objects by 1pixel so lemmings can't just walk through the water anymore
- corrected some grammar errors in the pretext of the following levels: 2 16 Brakes Failed, 2 20 Never Let You Alone
-4 15 Help Yourself - added a steel block, added a fire
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 01:33:03 PM by Armani »

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2021, 02:22:12 AM »
@kaywhyn :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm surprised that only 5 levels have been backrouted so far. :lem-mindblown:
I expected you to backroute about half of the levels in the worst scenario :crylaugh:
So far I've watched all your vids other than the last one, and yes I've been really enjoying them 8-)
I notice that most of my contest levels are in 2nd rank. There will be 2 or 3 more contest levels in 3rd rank and after that all other levels are brand new levels.
I decided to keep some of your solution that save some skills as challenge solutions and add a new talisman cos I was quite impressed by your solution to that level.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the pack as well :thumbsup:

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2021, 08:56:52 AM »
Leo, the third rank, has fallen, so I'm back with more replays and feedback :)

edit: Reattached zip file with the correct name, as it should say "up through Leo rank" instead of "up through Gemini rank." Oops :-[

Leo Rank Feedback

Levels get harder but are still manageable given enough time. In particular, Leo 2 was a huge roadblock like you mentioned, as that one took me the longest out of any other level in the rank. Leo 4 was also another one I struggled with, as well as Leo 6, but the latter I was able to get it solved in the same video. It also happens to be one of my favorites! :thumbsup: Needless to say, the Leo rank was also slow going just like the Gemini rank, but I still managed to power my way through the rank despite being super busy and exhausted from work each day.

Well, that's 3 ranks completed and hence 60/100 levels solved. Two ranks and 40 levels remain. I expect to get majorly stumped with the final two ranks. As a matter of fact, I've already had an attempt at Libra 1 and I couldn't solve it. It's so not a "breather" like you claimed in the pre-text :XD: Then again, you did say there's a huge spike in the difficulty going from the third to the fourth rank, and similarly from the fourth to the fifth rank. I guess the spike already hits with Libra 1.

As usual, I'm continuing to enjoy the pack! :thumbsup: Here's hoping that I can make it through the last two ranks too. However, since I managed to get stumped badly at various places throughout in each of the earlier ranks, I don't expect the rest of the pack to be smooth sailing from here at all. Also, thanks again for all the Youtube video comments on my solutions :) Glad to hear my LP is still continuing to be very enjoyable for you to watch.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 11:10:10 PM by kaywhyn »

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2021, 01:45:04 PM »
@kaywhyn
Thanks again :thumbsup: I've downloaded and watched all your replays so hopefully I can respond to your solutions after I catch up your LP videos for 3rd rank ;)

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2021, 01:45:50 PM »
V3.0 is out! ;)

Level fixes:
-3 04 Kiwi Pie - a basher is now a pick-up, new talisman "Two Lemmings with One Stone": complete using no more than 1 stoner
-3 08 No Devil Lived on - added a OWW
-3 14 Triple Trouble in Space! - added some steel blocks
-3 15 Art of Puzzle Solving - lowered the fire object a little bit, locked the RR
-3 17 Polaris Rhapsody - corrected some grammar errors in the pretext
-3 18 V stands for Victory - added a OWW, added a steel block
-3 19 Mysterious Circle - a climber is now a pick-up
-3 20 Fall in the Dark - added a steel block
-4 15 Help Yourself -  remade the solution

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2021, 02:14:31 PM »
Wow, perfect timing. I've already downloaded v3.0 of the pack, so I'll be good and ready to go for rank 4 when I get home from work just so I don't forget later on. I've had this happen plenty of times where I often forget to download the pack again when there's a new version before I start LPing due to having downloaded the pack so long ago, so when an update is released I forget to redownload. Needless to say, just preparing ahead of time to prevent that from happening ;)

So, it appears I was correct with beating you with 3 15 and 3 18, as I guessed my solutions to those levels were backroutes :laugh: I didn't think 3 19 and 3 20 were at all, so I found more backroutes than I thought I did :P Well, I guess that's a good thing, as sometimes the level/pack designer doesn't always catch them alone. Glad to help in this regard.

Offline Armani

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2021, 03:31:17 AM »
V3.1 is out! ;)

Level fixes:
-4 05 Deep Inside the Beehive - added some steel blocks
-4 06 Mr Lem's Secret Wine Cellar - added a steel block
-4 08 A Dance of Fire and Ice - a miner is now a pick-up
-4 10 Bloodthirster - removed some steel blocks and added some normal terrain and fire there
-4 11 Dungeon of Despair - added a OWW, modified terrain near the exit
-4 12 Sweet Mirages - swapped the positions of a stoner pick-up and a bomber pick-up
-4 18 Moonlight Sculptor - removed a bit of terrain, added a fire
-4 20 Another Hero Time - added some steel blocks
-5 01 Game of the Century - added a OWW, added some steel blocks, added a fire
-5 15 Simulation: FARO - modified terrain a bit in the middle of the level, +10save requirement, +10total lemmings

Positioning change:
- 1 10 Detective Milla is on the Case <---> 3 12 Life is Suffering

New level:

Meanwhile in a Parallel Universe

- The old 3 18(V Stands for Victory) is replaced by the new 3 18(Meanwhile in a Parallel Universe)

I was not happy with the quality of the old 3 18(V Stands for Victory), so I decided to replace it with a new level.
I can assure you that the new level has much more interesting solution than the old one. ;)
For someone who still want to play the old 3 18, I attached level and solution replay files of it below.
Sorry for the inconvenience to those who already played or are playing the level/pack. :(

There will be no positioning change of the levels and removing the existing levels from now on.

@kaywhyn
I still have to look at your videos and solutions. I will update the pack one more time when you finish 4th rank :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 02:17:59 AM by Armani »