Author Topic: Regarding the recent spambots.  (Read 6549 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Regarding the recent spambots.
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2021, 09:26:19 PM »
The one thing I do notice is that they all seem to post very shortly after activating their account. I could perhaps try implementing a restriction that new accounts must wait some length of time (a few hours would probably be effective enough) after creating their account before they can post.

For now, I've replaced the security question with one where the answer is not a single, common word.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2021, 10:07:03 PM »
The security question is: What is the first level of Mayhem in Lemmings 3D? Surprisingly, this is nontrivial to websearch. I find the security question too hard now, and I fear that we prevent interested newbies from registering. I have no data from the forum to back my claim, though. At least blitz made it through.

I propose to ask for Mayhem level 1 of DOS/Amiga Lemmings 1, or even right for Fun 1.

-- Simon

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2021, 05:45:55 AM »
For me, it wasn't hard to find. Of course I know the answer anyway, but I tried to search for it as if I didn't. I entered "lemmings 3D level list" (without quotes, exact capitalization), first result looked useful, clicked it, found the answer.

Nonetheless, yeah, probably not much point in making it a bit more obscure. I'll change it to Mayhem 1.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)