Author Topic: [BUG][PLAYER] Some inconsistency in Xmas sprites  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
[BUG][PLAYER] Some inconsistency in Xmas sprites
« on: July 05, 2021, 08:48:51 AM »
A lemming with permanent skill turn to green in Xmas sprites.

1) But if you assign a digger to a green lemming, it return to red.
If you assign any constructive/destructive skill other than the digger, it remains green

2) Bomber-ohnoer return to red while stoner-ohnoer remain green.
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG][PLAYER] Some inconsistency in Xmas sprites
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 07:11:56 PM »
It's likely some of the colors are slightly off in those sprites, and if this is indeed the reason, it's as simple as fixing that - and just a style update.

EDIT: Actually, the Stoner case can't be that, because Bomber and Stoner use the same sprite during the Ohno phase (but it might still be this for the Digger case).

EDIT AGAIN: Confirmed this is the case for the Digger; will have a style update up shortly.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG][PLAYER] Some inconsistency in Xmas sprites
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 07:27:18 PM »
The Stoner issue is a physics bug - the lemming outright does not lose his permanent skills when becoming a Stoner-Ohnoer, unlike the case of a Bomber-Ohnoer.

I know I said I'd have to delay the stable release if there were any new physics bugs, but due to the simplicity of the fix and the pretty much zero breakage potential here (the only situation that would break is if a falling-ohnoer was used to fall into water, combined with a Swimmer, and since you can't do this with a Bomber anymore - which was an intentional change - I think such situations can be filed under "exploiting a bug, so don't care"), I'm going to make an exception for this one and not delay anything.

Fixed in commit a2111c2; Stoner-Ohnoer now behaves the same as Bomber-Ohnoer.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)