Author Topic: [BUG][PLAYER][RC3] Missing teleporter sound for L2 Space  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
[BUG][PLAYER][RC3] Missing teleporter sound for L2 Space
« on: June 05, 2021, 02:34:11 PM »
The teleporter sound for the L2 Space teleporter suddenly seems to have gone missing as of the latest RC version (RC3).

Other teleporters (such as the one from orig_marble) continue to play their sounds as expected.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [BUG][PLAYER][RC3] Missing teleporter sound for L2 Space
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 03:01:33 PM »
I cannot confirm this.

I checked the teleporter object in L2 space and it links correctly to teleporter.wav in the sound folder.

Using RC3 and testing a L2 space teleporter level also correctly plays the sound.

Did you put all needed styles and sounds into their correct folders?

Remember the RC candidate only comes with the most basic stlyes and sounds by default and everything else needs to be added manually.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 06:09:41 PM »
Did you by any chance copy your "styles" folder, but not your "sounds" folder, from an existing installation?

As no default style uses that sound effect, it isn't included in the main download. You'll get a copy of it when downloading the l2_space (or any other style that uses it) style in-game or manually, including via the all-styles zip.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 08:14:53 AM »
Remember the RC candidate only comes with the most basic stlyes and sounds by default and everything else needs to be added manually.

Ah, okay, thanks a lot, that was the crucial hint! ;) Since namida had lifted the restriction of "official styles only" after the experimental phase, I assumed the styles folder shared with the RC was a complete one, just like with the official releases themselves.

That said, the L2 tilesets are part of the official tilesets, so right after orig and ohno, it was still not implausible to assume those would be part of a "minimal" styles download.

The reason I didn't notice whether or not the L2 styles are missing from the RC3 download is because...

Did you by any chance copy your "styles" folder, but not your "sounds" folder, from an existing installation?

Yes, I did indeed copy my styles folder over, mainly to have all my custom sprite sets in the new version. But even if I've overwritten an older version of the L2 Space tileset, that itself shouldn't be a problem, given that the sounds are stored elsewhere anyway.

So the actual issue was apparently just that I never thought of having to copy sounds over to the RC folder manually, too. :-[ :forehead: The only custom sound I ever added myself is the one for the one-use leaf trap from my Autumn tileset, but I already sent that to Nessy a while ago, so it's part of the official styles download now. I just didn't realise that the official styles download for the RC is smaller than the official styles download for any given stable version.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 06:59:26 PM »
I just didn't realise that the official styles download for the RC is smaller than the official styles download for any given stable version.

The stable version also only ships with the official styles (the L1 and OhNo styles, including orig_sega, plus default, special and xmas), and thus with the sounds that are used by those styles (or that are used directly by game physics). There is one difference - the stable release I usually include orig_dirt_md for Redux's sake. The all-styles ZIP contains every style (and sound) in RC and stable builds alike.

At any rate, this is resolved and wasn't a bug so closing this now.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)