Author Topic: [SuperLemmini] Lemmings Plus I (150 Levels) [V1.2 Update]  (Read 13173 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[SuperLemmini] Lemmings Plus I (150 Levels) [V1.2 Update]
« on: June 04, 2021, 05:27:57 AM »

This is an authorised conversion of namida's Lemmings Plus I from the most up-to-date copy of the pack in old-formats. Note that the official version of the pack is also currently available for NeoLemmix.

This is namida's first proper level pack and is a stunning set of puzzles and challenges which continue with the abstract style and familiar spirit of Lemmings and Oh No! More Lemmings. Its 150 levels are structured into 5 ranks of increasing difficulty from pleasantly easy to mind-bendingly difficult.

Set in the original 9 styles and featuring the classic 8 skills, this is a perfect pack to add to your SuperLemmini collection.

Original pack author: namida
Conversion by: WillLem
Additional testing & replays by: ericderkovits and kaywhyn

SuperLemmini users: download the attached zip and extract it to Resources/levels.

NeoLemmix users: the official new-formats NeoLemmix version of this pack can be downloaded here.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 03:17:40 AM by WillLem »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: [SuperLemmini] Lemmings Plus I (150 Levels)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 06:18:28 AM »
One thing I do notice off the bat is that many levels say there is a time limit of 100 minutes. I think for those ones it's better to uncheck the time limit in the editor.
That way it will just say No time limit.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [SuperLemmini] Lemmings Plus I (150 Levels) [V1.1 UPDATE PENDING]
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 03:10:41 PM »
One thing I do notice off the bat is that many levels say there is a time limit of 100 minutes. I think for those ones it's better to uncheck the time limit in the editor.
That way it will just say No time limit.

Yeah, that's a good shout. The 100 minute time limit just seems odd. NepsterLems has the same issue for a lot of its levels.

I've also noticed that Wimpy 10 Labyrinth of Despair doesn't load. Not sure what the issue is here but I'll get it fixed for V1.1.

EDIT: This, and a few other levels, had their start positions set to 8 million, hence not loading; this has now been fixed.

EDIT: Psycho 6 The Bulldozer was also not loading, possibly because it includes updrafts. This level will have to be replaced since its intended solution is impossible in SuperLemmini.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 09:07:22 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [SuperLemmini] Lemmings Plus I (150 Levels) [V1.1 UPDATE RELEASED]
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 09:19:37 PM »
Version 1.1 now available

See OP for download link.

Changelog:

:lemming: All 100-minute timers have been removed

:lemming: The music rotation has been corrected (it now restarts at the beginning of each rank, as intended by the author)

:lemming: All levels now load properly

:lemming: All OWW objects have now been overlaid correctly

:lemming: Psycho 6 The Bulldozer has been replaced with Lemming Crossover, one of namida's early NeoLemmix Community Pack levels. Both are in the Fire style, but the intended solution for The Bulldozer is impossible in SuperLemmini due to the lack of a Direct Drop mechanic, or a suitable emulation thereof. Lemming Crossover is just as good a level anyway and plays really nicely in SuperLemmini, offering a pleasing balance between puzzle and execution.

:lemming: Medi 2 The T Level and its repeat have had a facelift - the terrain pieces in the OWW were previously overlapping in the wrong order (likely due to a hiccup in the conversion process); this has now been corrected

Please note that whilst this update has been very thorough, there may still be minor errors throughout the pack. If you notice anything whilst playing, let me know and I will correct them as and when they appear.

There will be another update to this pack following the release of the next version of SuperLemmini.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 10:58:15 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
[SuperLemmini] Lemmings Plus I [V1.1b UPDATED LEVELS]
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2021, 01:52:49 AM »
The following Bubble-style levels needed to have the exits lowering by 2px - thanks to ericderkovits for discovering these:

Mild 13 Take A Shortcut!
Mild 22 Blow Down!
Wimpy 27 Ready, Aim, Fire!!!
Danger 15 Circular Wavelength
Danger 29 Pipeline Problem

I have included these in the OP download as V1.1b, but here they are as separate level files for those who have already downloaded V1.1 (all 4 of you! :lemcat:) - simply place them in Resources/levels/Lemmings Plus I and choose 'Replace'.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [SuperLemmini] Lemmings Plus I (150 Levels) [V1.1c - UPDATED LEVEL]
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 01:06:54 AM »
Level Update

Mild 10 Take Your Time... with OWW overlaid correctly.

This has been added to the OP in V1.1c, but here it is as a separate download for those who already have the pack. Simply drop it into Resources/levels/Lemmings Plus I and choose "Replace."
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 02:05:50 AM by WillLem »

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2021, 04:00:42 PM »
I made a music pack for this using the music from Lemmings 2, 3d, chronicles and the others.

Just unzip the midi files to your music folder and rename the correct levelpack file and remove the (bracketed) text.

I wanted to hear new Lemmings music instead of those same old tunes. I never get to enjoy those later Lemmings tunes.

...Jeremy
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 03:49:13 AM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2021, 07:22:54 PM »
Technically, the intended music for this pack is the soundtrack from the Sega Master System version of Lemmings. You can grab a copy here in OGG format, though I don't know if SL supports that at all - and if it does, there's a good chance these aren't the right filenames for SL (but that's easy enough to fix): https://www.neolemmix.com/musicpacks/Orig_SMS_Music.zip

Aside from just being different versions of tracks, tracks 13 to 16 are unique to that version (or in this pack, tracks 13, 14, 15 and 17, as it swaps the last two tracks around to match what the SMS version itself does). 13 is an original composition, 14 is Tchaikovsky's "Miniature Overture", 15 is "Scotland The Brave" and 16/17 is "Don't Dilly-Dally On The Way".
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2021, 08:10:34 PM »
yes Superlemmini Supports .ogg as I have other converted packs using .ogg's (Ie my Dovelems pack uses all .oggs to match Dodochacalos music he used on his Youtube Channel for his pack)

So Willlem Can perhaps make a levelpack.ini using Namida intended music (.ogg). I would make the new levelpack.ini, but since this is WillLem's Project, I'll let him do it. Also it's shouldn't take too long, so I'm sure he won't need help in doing it.

And of course I would use the levelpack.ini with Namida's music since I always want my SL packs to have the Intended music.

Of course One can still use whatever choice they want, whether jkapp76's or Namida's intended one. I just prefer the intended one.

Still I have to admit, Jkapp76's music is pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 11:59:55 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2021, 02:46:12 AM »
Quote from: namida
Technically, the intended music for this pack is the soundtrack from the Sega Master System version of Lemmings

I'll add this music to the next update, for sure.

Quote from: ericderkovits
And of course I would use the levelpack.ini with Namida's music since I always want my SL packs to have the Intended music.

Me too :lemcat:

Quote from: jkapp76
I made a music pack for this using the music from Lemmings 2, 3d, and the others.

Quote from: ericderkovits
Still I have to admit, Jkapp76's music is pretty awesome.

The link isn't working for me fsr, would you mind sharing it as an attachment please?

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2021, 02:56:36 AM »
here is the zip file I got from jkapp76

Includes his music for Lemmings Plus I and Nepsterlems

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2021, 03:08:09 AM »
Here's a link to my levelpack file to make use of the Original_SMS music provided by Namida above. Be sure to install that music pack first.

Also, Please feel free to use any of my icons, music or anything without need to contact or credit me.

...Jeremy Kapp
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 03:46:20 AM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2021, 03:10:11 AM »
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZ6DWMXZsVXjVkkH5qYKiCAc66dswhFdhujX

I made a music pack for this using the music from Lemmings 2, 3d, and the others.

Just unzip the midi files to your music folder and rename the correct levelpack file and remove the (bracketed) text.

I wanted to hear new Lemmings music instead of those same old tunes.

...Jeremy

Not a problem ;) Players/users don't have to use the intended music set list if they don't want to. It's very easy to customize a levelpack to use your own custom music to your liking, as it just simply involves making sure the tracks are in the music folder, numbering and specifying the filenames for the tracks in the levelpack.ini and put the corresponding number for the track you want the level to play.

As for myself, I'm like eric and WillLem in that I too also prefer to use the intended music, even if I don't necessarily like some of the tracks. The only exception I have made are packs that use the intended SMS port music, as I'm not a fan of the SMS tracks. Instead, I use the Dos/PC soundtrack standard music rotation. It's mostly due to how I grew up with the Dos/PC soundtracks, and I think I like these the most out of any of the others among the standard music for the various ports.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArgLsDcAB7w8gbl5IGoogV2JnSrR_Q?e=Zmq2u2

Here's a link to my levelpack file to make use of the Original_SMS music provided by Namida above. Be sure to install that music pack first.

Also, Please feel free to use any of my icons, music or anything without need to contact or credit me.

...Jeremy Kapp

The link requires signing into OneDrive, and there is also some kind of authorship document in there. You might want to fix that :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2021, 03:37:27 AM »
It should be fixed. My pcloud account is down at the moment so I am trying my other options.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2021, 09:33:30 PM »
ok here is an edit to Wimpy 6. It was impossible to get the Talisman solution in SL (use only 2 skills) as the basher (from the bottom left hatch) in SL would always stop. So I added invisible terrain where those tiny blocks are at the very bottom middle area. Now the basher will continue bashing.

When playing the level, one won't even be able to tell visibily any change to the level.

also here's the Talisman replay.