Author Topic: Physics differences between SuperLemmini and NeoLemmix  (Read 12080 times)

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
Re: Physics differences between SuperLemmini and NeoLemmix
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2021, 02:24:58 PM »
Here is another trick (triple-basher canceling) : In superlemmini , you can have three bashers cancel each other , in a way , that will leave the terrain in a "small staircase shape" , and will help you complete a level like onml Tame 9 , by using only four bashers!

How to setup it : Load tame 9 , use release rate 88 for the space between the first and the second lemming , and release rate 99 for the space between the second and the third lemming.

When the first lemming reach the left wall , assign it as a basher . When the second lemming arrive in the basher's tunnel , you will see it's positioning  having it a little higher that the first lemming for a few frames . Assign it as a basher , but only at the fame when it's position is at the highest pixel. It will start bashing , but in higher height , compared to the first lemming. Then the third lemming will find itself in the same height as the second lemming. Assign it quickly as a basher.

If you do it correctly , the third and the second bashers , both will cancel each other , and then the first basher , will immidiately stop bashing too. As a result , you wil lhave a "small staircase shape" at that part of the terrain , and you can use a fourth basher to lead the other lemmings to the exit.

Because this is a more complex trick that the previous ones , I have mentioned here , instead of pictures , I will post here a link for a video , where I use this trick to complete tame 9 with four bashers.

Here is the link for the video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U7onAoo-9I

Also I have attached in this post , the replay of that solution. It is from Tame 9 , from the Dos conversion of onml.

My Youtube channel ( Turrican Lemm )  :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGFBOHdYITHlsqa203Tu8Q

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2021, 08:58:11 PM »
[Builder-blocker 1px diagonal gap] is possible in Superlemmini , but as far as I know it's not possible in Neolemmix.

In NeoLemmix this was considered to be a bug and intentionally changed to not happen.

Regarding the above multi-basher staircase thing: It's possible on NeoLemmix too; I used it in several of my SYCLW challenge results. You may need more bashers than on SL to create a similar staircase, though, due to NL's basher being far more sensitive.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2021, 09:27:18 PM »
Regarding the above multi-basher staircase thing: It's possible on NeoLemmix too; I used it in several of my SYCLW challenge results. You may need more bashers than on SL to create a similar staircase, though, due to NL's basher being far more sensitive.

I know it. The central point of my post , was not these staircases , that are possible in both engines , but the easy and fast 3-basher canceling , that can be achieved , due to the bashers , not be so sensitive.
My Youtube channel ( Turrican Lemm )  :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGFBOHdYITHlsqa203Tu8Q