Author Topic: Custlemm Level Pack Topic  (Read 93576 times)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: Custlemm Level Pack Topic
« Reply #285 on: January 16, 2009, 03:57:05 AM »
It seemed to be obvious for me too... but i'm sure i put the dat file to the directory... it could be possible however I had the game twice times on my computer and I copied it to an other lemmings; but I'll never know what the exact problem was since I lost all my lemmings file with a win reinstall  :cry: that's why I wasn't online so long... I have an XP on my comp now (unfortunately  :laugh:) so I must change the long standing level editor too...

Were you using Custom Lemmings mode or Holiday Lemmings mode? These levels are made for Custom Lemmings mode (like all my other levels) which means you'll need to rename the xmas tileset files to GROUND9O and VGAGR9, and put them in your lemmix/custlemm folder.

@STT: Nice levelpack :thumbsup:. I found twigpak2 on the lemmings file portal btw. Is there also a twigpak1 (I presume there is) and if so, where can I find it?

STT

« Reply #286 on: January 22, 2009, 02:17:30 PM »
Nah, I lost pak1. Its mainly worker lemming levels with 100000000x of skills though.

How did everyone else enjoy my pack?

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 03, 2009, 03:31:35 AM »
I've finally made some significant progress on geoo's very tough levels :)

In the last couple of days I have solved another 10 that I hadn't done previously, which means I've now done 13 out of 20 levels. The best of these IMHO is "more no builder problems" - that turnaround is tricky indeed...

EDIT: Just solved another 2 ;)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 03, 2009, 10:04:22 PM »
Hey, you're progressing nicely! Which ones have you still left to solve?
Did you record demos of the ones you solved? Just asking out of interest, as I suppose some of my levels have a few backroutes.
Don't waste too much time on the last one of my second pack, it uses a very obscure glitch.

If you want some more very tough levels, I recommend to try tseug's levelpack. There's still one I haven't managed to solve, namely "Oh No, Not Again".
And I think I've still got some levels of yours to solve... ;)

As for twigpak1, I think I still have it lying around somewhere. I can dig it out if you want it.
I liked the last level of twigpak2, short and intended to be impossible, yet it was solvable with some effort.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 03, 2009, 11:44:22 PM »
The ones I haven't solved yet are:

-Mission at max-fall 60 (this one is easy in lemmix/custlemm with the extra splat height, but obviously that wasn't the intention)
-Supaplex Tricks
-Palace o/t once-hacked Lemmings
-Prepairing their ways
-Don't Stop Me Now!

I have replays for the others (and I suspect a couple of them are backroutes). Check your PM.

I've tried tseug's levels, but they're way over my head :(

By the way, which of my levels haven't you solved yet?

And if you could upload twigpak1, that would be great :).

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 04, 2009, 07:04:10 PM »
Thanks for your solutions! The backroutes weren't quite as many as expected.
'Follow Me' is simply flawed. I've had done backroute fixing too many times, but it's just too open-ended to look over. I think I'll design a different level using the same trick sometime.
I really like 'Trading and Cooperating' actually, but it seems I'll never manage to weed out the backroutes there. Would you mind to retry imagining a steel wall where the one way arrows are as of now?
'Upset Lemmings' was actually unexpected, I didn't think that timing was possible. I suppose with a higher first pillar it wouldn't be.
Only minor variations on the other levels (and I've forgot the original solution to 'Increasing step heigths', I even wrote a solution for it once, but that got lost. I think it used a somewhat complex compression and dynamic steps).

Anyway, I hope my levels have been somewhat playable, I feared the amount of precision and timing might make them somewhat annoying to play.
I'm somewhat suprised that you liked 'More no-builder problems' best, I found it mostly just using standard procedures already required in 'crossing stairs' (my solution slightly differs from yours, but it's still similar).

I haven't played Lemmings for quite some time, but checking my recordings folder tells me that I've got four of your latest pack left to solve (not counting the XMas pack).
Builders' Cracks: There only seems to be one way to do it, but I need to do some optimisation on the builders.
Dropout: The timing seems insane in this one. Got close a couple of times, but never managed it.
From the brink: this one is somewhat stunning me.
The Floodgates Open: Seems like an interesting and complex puzzle.

Here is SST's first pack: http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/twigpak1.dat

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 04, 2009, 11:13:15 PM »
I think I found a better solution to "Trading and Cooperating" once, but I didn't save a replay of it. And the techniques used in "crossing stairs" and "more no builder problems" are hardly what I'd call standard :P

Do you have replays for my first pack as well? I have seen your solutions for the second and third packs (as well as a couple of tseug's solutions), but none for the first. Also, has anyone solved my xmas pack yet?

It's good to see twigpak1 isn't gone after all - though STT pretty well summed it up there :)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 05, 2009, 04:09:17 PM »
Hah, browsing my recording folder I noticed I had only 4 solutions of your first pack in there. And I think there were indeed some amongst them I didn't solve previously. However, I had another go at the remaining ones and now I can provide you with my solutions. ;) I first wasn't really sure whether I'd want to attempt 'Alcatraz', but savestates and the possiblilty to skip ahead 10 second made the building bearable...
I also included the 6 levels from your fourth pack I solved.

btw, I don't know whether you've already tried them; but if you're looking out for hard levels, you might want to give BulletRide's levels a shot.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 08, 2009, 07:34:03 AM »
Cool, thanks for the replays. Sure enough, there are a few backroutes in there :(. I guess that's normal for a first try though. Some of these levels (in my first pack) were a little overambitious (4 and 8 especially), and I know the Alcatraz level is tiresome -  I never would have made this level were it not for the handy features in Lemmix to make it tolerable ;).

I have previously had a look through Bulletride's levels, and (unlike tseug's) I have actually solved a few of these :).

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 11, 2009, 07:50:59 AM »
UPDATE: I've now played through and solved Bulletride's levels (though, admittedly, I had previously seen a couple of these on Youtube). The hardest level for me (in other words, the one I solved last) was "Final Call" - this one is way harder than it looks :XD:. "Fall Guy" was also very tough, with creative use of the abundant and seemingly less useful skills required to overcome the lack of seemingly essential skills - much like some of geoo's levels :tongue:.

One question - "The Silent Circus" appears to require 100%, while the Youtube (Lemmini) video says it only requires 98%. Is a 100% solution possible in Lemmix, or was this entered by mistake?

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 17, 2009, 02:04:33 PM »
Regarding 'The Silent Circus', does the YouTube video actually save 100%, or only 98%?
I haven't watched it yet because I want to find out the intended solution on my own. (Watching the solution is equal to giving up to me, as I'd never be able to solve the level legitimately anymore, ever. It's impossible to forget a solution wholly.)
I previously found a 100% solution to it, which however is a massive backroute requiring changing the release rate for almost every single Lemming and leaving 1 second on the clock.
If it's only 98% that the video solution saves, then I could take the bomber into account.

And yeah, 'Final Call' is an amazing level.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 17, 2009, 11:35:09 PM »
The video uses the bomber, and thus saves 98% and not 100%. I'm amazed that a 100% solution is actually possible here (you don't have a replay of it, do you?)

A warning if you do decide to watch the video - there's a screen from another one of Bulletride's levels (Bestial Oblivion part 2) at the start, presumably unintentional, which might give a hint as to how to solve it.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 19, 2009, 03:05:03 PM »
I still have the replay of the 100% solution to 'The Silent Circus', but as I said, it's a very ugly solution.
Thanks for the note, I'll take care when watching the video after finding a 98% solution.

And I solved 'Coming down alive II'. This is seriously a pretty tough level. If the max safe fall distance had only been one pixel higher, my solution wouldn't work. I wonder whether your solution is similar to mine.

I'll send you both solutions.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 20, 2009, 11:51:19 PM »
And I solved 'Coming down alive II'. This is seriously a pretty tough level. If the max safe fall distance had only been one pixel higher, my solution wouldn't work. I wonder whether your solution is similar to mine.

It's a tricky level (or else I wouldn't have made my first post in over a year on it after solving it), but I don't remember the fall distance being that much of a factor.  (Then again it was 2 months ago so maybe I just forgot.)

I'll review my solution when I get home later tonight and if it seems different enough from what you're doing, maybe we can trade solutions?

[edit: I reviewed my solution and although the fall does look fairly high, I don't think it was as bad as you described.  But I was also using CustLemm with its slightly higher max safe fall distance, I don't know if it matters.  (I kinda doubt it since the second fall doesn't look that high compare to the first...)]

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 21, 2009, 07:48:45 AM »
I reviewed my solution and although the fall does look fairly high, I don't think it was as bad as you described.  But I was also using CustLemm with its slightly higher max safe fall distance, I don't know if it matters.  (I kinda doubt it since the second fall doesn't look that high compare to the first...)]

That sounds about right. My solution is just within the max fall distance for Original Lemmings, but both falls were the same distance (or near enough). Geoo's solution was much tighter with the splat height, but it showed me that my method of holding in the lemmings at the top is not the only way, and I'd be interested to see how you (or anyone else for that matter) did it.