Author Topic: Custlemm Level Pack Topic  (Read 93482 times)

Offline weirdybeardy

• View Profile
Re: Custlemm Level Pack Topic
« Reply #270 on: November 20, 2008, 09:49:28 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  :)  I'm glad you're still pondering level 6; I know a lot of my levels can be a bit samey, so it's still nice to know I can create a half-decent puzzle when I put my mind to it.

I might release a compilation pack of 10 levels in a "best of" kind of way, once I've got a clear idea of which are my best, and why.

Thanks again.  :thumbsup:
My projects:

Lemmings in Weirdyland (NeoLemmix):
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=6135.0

My levels for Lemmings 2 The Tribes can be found here:
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=990.0

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 26, 2008, 12:59:29 AM »
I would totally give you information about this if I actually played with LemEdit still... maybe I'll check it out anyways.

I also need to convert some of my best Cheapo levels into LemEdit. Though I get the feeling that I would screw up a lot of the conversions and open up backroutes or something.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 26, 2008, 09:11:36 PM »
Well, now with Lemmix out there I feel that playing the DOS levels via the Lemmix playtesting feature is even more comfortable than with Cheapo; the replay feature is accurate, and I way prefer sending saved replays over writing walkthroughs. (And it has all the original Lemmings glitches, even! :D)

I feel I should play some more Lemmings every now and then again...or even make some new levels.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 03, 2008, 01:27:44 AM »
Now that I've got lem3edit to work, I will be making mostly Lemmings 3 levels from now on, for a while at least. So, since my next Lemmix levelset could be a long way off yet, I've decided to upload the new version of "Coming down alive" by itself rather than (or perhaps in addition to) putting it in the next pack. Incidentally, this was my original intention for the level, but I couldn't make it work until I'd already released the other version :XD:

Download here: Coming down alive II

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 08, 2008, 09:32:55 PM »
Download here: Coming down alive II

Nice level!  :thumbsup: It's so refreshing to see levels featuring new techniques and ideas after all this time.

It's good to see the forum alive again, I stopped reading it more than a year ago when it seemed to practically died, and it's only a few weeks ago on a whim that I decided to see if the forum still exists.  These new levelpaks in my year's absence should keep me hooked again for some time to come...... :thumbsup:

Offline weirdybeardy

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 13, 2008, 05:21:25 PM »
I take it nobody is submitting any Xmas-themed levels for the festive season...?  :winktounge:
My projects:

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 15, 2008, 09:51:53 PM »
Good idea! I'll see what I can come up with ;)

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 19, 2008, 10:02:04 PM »
Here it is! Four levels of holiday merriment to keep you entertained (or perhaps frustrated?) over the christmas break :)

ClamSpamXmas08

Oh, and welcome back ccexplore  :thumbsup: (though I wasn't here when you last posted on this forum)

Offline weirdybeardy

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 22, 2008, 04:12:26 PM »
Brilliant stuff! I'll give them a play through tonight. :) In the meantime, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, to one and all!  :thumbsup:
My projects:

Offline -H0ru5-

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 23, 2008, 08:30:41 PM »
Merry Christmas for everyone!
I was sure I find some xmas-style maps as a collective present when I look at the forum. Thank you!  :)

Exams were the center of my life for 1,5 months... I couldn't even share that enthusiastic fact I solved geoo's method'n'madness level and get struck again on the next one... nevermind, now I have freetime   :laugh:

I'll try to improvise some santa-themed map too.  :wink:

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 25, 2008, 05:42:38 AM »
I was sure I find some xmas-style maps as a collective present when I look at the forum. Thank you!   :)

No problem ;). And, by the way, please feel free to critique these levels as you would any others.

Merry Christmas everyone! :thumbsup:

STT

« Reply #281 on: January 01, 2009, 06:41:00 AM »
Yoyoyoyo, long time no see :P

I've put together a couple (8) levels.

http://snapperthetwig.com/stuff/twigpak3.dat

Offline -H0ru5-

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 02, 2009, 01:52:30 PM »
I was sure I find some xmas-style maps as a collective present when I look at the forum. Thank you!   :)

No problem ;). And, by the way, please feel free to critique these levels as you would any others.

Merry Christmas everyone! :thumbsup:

I got an error message when I tried to play your levels... what could be the cause?  ??? Other mappacks run perfectly.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 02, 2009, 08:49:14 PM »
Probably because it uses the christmas tileset. Maybe you're missing the .DAT files required to use the tileset?

Offline -H0ru5-

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 13, 2009, 11:03:19 AM »
Probably because it uses the christmas tileset. Maybe you're missing the .DAT files required to use the tileset?

It seemed to be obvious for me too... but i'm sure i put the dat file to the directory... it could be possible however I had the game twice times on my computer and I copied it to an other lemmings; but I'll never know what the exact problem was since I lost all my lemmings file with a win reinstall  :cry: that's why I wasn't online so long... I have an XP on my comp now (unfortunately  :laugh:) so I must change the long standing level editor too...