Author Topic: Custlemm Level Pack Topic  (Read 93420 times)

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
Re: Custlemm Level Pack Topic
« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2008, 04:53:37 PM »
he uploaded it to the it.travisbsd.org site... which I've finally regained access to, so now it redirects to camanis.net
either he'll have to reupload it or wait until I have time to merge the databases edit: resolved

Offline weirdybeardy

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2008, 09:21:27 PM »
Please check the Lemmings File Archive database. My first level pack is there, under "weirdy00".  :thumbsup:

Also, please let me know if there's been any problems with the downloads... I might need to re-package the levels.
My projects:

Lemmings in Weirdyland (NeoLemmix):
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=6135.0

My levels for Lemmings 2 The Tribes can be found here:
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=990.0

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 28, 2008, 08:35:52 AM »
Right, I've found it now. I forgot about the other site...

Do you really need only 1% on level 4? Seems a little odd. I had a few skills left over on some of these levels, and level 3 has a backroute :(. I haven't done level 5 yet, but it looks much harder than the others.

Good work. I look forward to seeing the "full version" :thumbsup:

Offline weirdybeardy

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 28, 2008, 11:14:08 AM »
Doh!  :laugh:  It's probably just one of those level properties things that I forgot to tweak. For example, the release rate on level 1 is 0 when it should be 1. And on level 4 you need 100%, not 1%! Think you can manage that...?  :P

Thanks very much for your feedback. It's my first go, so I knew there would be mistakes and backroutes (especially on level 3). I'm wondering if my design is okay. I personally think that I'm a bit messy and I need to improve... I'm also interested in your techniques for levels 2 and 4...

:thumbsup:
My projects:

Offline -H0ru5-

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 04, 2008, 03:21:02 PM »
I'll check weirdy's maps when I leave the net...

I uploaded my first map pack to the Lemmings Archive too... what do you think about it? I feel some map could be more aestethic, but i'm satisfied with it. It's named elfpak01.
More is coming soon if you like them, I still have plenty of ideas.

Offline -H0ru5-

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 05, 2008, 10:21:21 AM »
Analysing Weirdy00 levelpack.

Spoilers in white text

Innit 2 Winnit!
Calm taxing level, but the design is crude, thus it shows the solution at first glance. Put a stone cube to the place of the steel block which blocks the way, then it will be O.K.

The Path Of Least Resistance
Nice architecture, but it's an obvious tricky.

All Lemmed Out
I have no clue at all what was the original conception for this one... very easy.

Alas, Poor Lemming
Getting better, at last, just pls fix that 1%... The +1 climber is a nice way to force people do the level from the start.   8)

Riddle Me This
This is a crafty map, to say the least, from the beggining with that 2 ways to make the crowd turn back. The time allows only one solution, so no backroutes, and those girls and guys who discover for the first try where to place the bashers deserve big tables of chocolate (the one-way arrows are very tempting). It took 1.5 hours to solve this one, not bad at all for a first map.  ;)
Solution: use 4 builders over the right end of the steel, next to each other so they become consistent. The 4th builder waits until 2 walker pass him, then he digs down. The lemming after him builds 2 stairs on the left side while the "once fourth builder" covers the trap with 2 builder. Before he finishes the work, an other lemmings climb upwards. If you do it right, only 10 lem dies. Then 2 builders between the two one-way-arrowed tower, 1 over the trap, before he finishes, bash, then dig the side of the tower. Leave the digging too in middle height using basher and take care the trap with the last builder, while the crowd finishes the other stairway. 83%, hooray   :)

End of the spoilers.

Offline weirdybeardy

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 05, 2008, 08:14:07 PM »
Thanks for the feedback! Very much appreciated.  :thumbsup:  I'll send you a personal message to respond directly to your comments, but I'm glad that, minus a couple of slip-ups, they proceed in ascending difficulty, which was my intention. These "demo" versions will be incorporated into the next level packs I release...

I've only just managed to find the time to start to look at your levels. So far I've only beaten "Give a helping brick!", but then I was never really a pro player like some of the guys on this forum, so it'll probably take me a while to puzzle them all out.  :tongue: 
My projects:

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 06, 2008, 12:10:41 AM »
I have found a better solution to "Riddle Me This..."

Basically it involves using most of the builders to trap the lemmings on top of the steel platform, however the process is far too complicated to explain here. After much refinement, I managed to save 96% (58/60) without using the climber, and I have taken a Lemmix replay of it (incidentally, does anyone know of a good place to get free hosting for these? It seems they can't be uploaded here...)

@H0ru5 - I have solved 8 of your levels so far. Level 7 is giving me a fair bit of trouble, and I haven't had much of a go at level 9 yet (that's a very long puzzle for only two lemmings - slightly off-putting). I particularly like the "Miniature" idea, with multiple similar levels on the one map. Again, I have Lemmix replays for the levels I have done. I'm sure some of my solutions deviate from the intended ones ;)

I have made a few more levels of my own, but with university starting again next week it could be a while before my next pack is ready :(.

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 06, 2008, 06:36:18 AM »
for now, you could put them here, assuming I got it set up correctly again

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 06, 2008, 10:57:54 AM »
Thanks Mindless!  :thumbsup:

My solution for Riddle Me This is up there, under "Replays". Enjoy ;)

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 06, 2008, 12:48:54 PM »
Well, I just had a go at your levels, Weirdybeardy. I finshed 3/5. Not bad. Unfortunately I just cannot figure out Riddle Me This even if I tried it for hours...
There is not enough skills for Innit To Winnit to free the lemmings before the left digging pillar. Your other levels werent bad.
I liked Path Of Least Resistance. Nice use of the builders there :)
All Lemmed Out was surprisingly easy, and I beat it on the 2nd go with only 2 skills used :P
Alas, Poor Lemming was quite funny actually, only having to save 1%, very entertaining watching the other poor lemmings blow themselves to bits! :P

3/5 is not bad for a first go at level making. Good job, Weirdybeardy :D

Offline -H0ru5-

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 06, 2008, 01:01:30 PM »
Again, I have Lemmix replays for the levels I have done. I'm sure some of my solutions deviate from the intended ones ;)

I fear you did. I got terrified when i saw there's not even a word from Fortress 13 here, and found the backroute in 15 seconds  :tongue: I removed 2 pixels and it's okay now... ;)
I am going to upload the pack again. Only some minor graphical fix and 2 pixels, i hope.

And thank you for your report!   :)

Offline weirdybeardy

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 06, 2008, 02:46:44 PM »
Thanks to Tim for giving my levels a try.  :thumbsup:  I noticed that you've posted up on Lemmings Heaven as well, so I've given my feedback there.  :)
My projects:

Offline -H0ru5-

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 06, 2008, 04:01:51 PM »
The repaired version of my maps are now online. Worthwhile changes are only in the 10th level, so if you completed in once, its enough to retry that one.
Sorry for the glitch, I hope there is no more backroute. Please update and have fun!

elfpak01

Offline -H0ru5-

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 06, 2008, 05:13:52 PM »
I'm playing geooPk0 now... I don't know why do you find it unaesthetic, geoo89, they are clear-out perfection, there isn't any needless brick on them, especially the third map.  :thumbsup:
Still trying to beat the 3rd level, but it's very hard, i played 3 hours on that... but at least I know the solution, so I still hold on.  :laugh: