Author Topic: Custlemm Level Pack Topic  (Read 93305 times)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Custlemm Level Pack Topic
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2008, 09:59:13 AM »
[...]
Somehow I think I'm going to be the first one to solve your level....
[...]
Most likely so, even though I can't really estimate the difficulty of the level.

I solved your level pretty quickly, like 5-10 minutes as I knew the trick that is required to pass the level (unless it is some kind of backroute). I'll send you my solution via e-mail.
Somehow reminds me to the unsolvable level "Atop the Pi" that also had 13 builders and nothing else (not even the floater).

BulletRide

« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2008, 08:28:05 PM »
Geo i tried your level for a while but couldnt find a viable solution, ill keep trucking on it and see what i can come up with.

2 more levels till my next pack is done... hurray  :thumbsup:

tseug

« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2008, 10:32:12 PM »
Of course my level would be easy for you... but for someone who doesn't know how it would look impossible. I'm gonna mirror it and see if it's still possible (might need 1 more builder).

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2008, 02:17:00 AM »
QBeez - on some of your levels the lemmings walk past the exit without going in. I doubt this is intentional since the exits appear to be on the ground, and there are no extra builders to get them up. I have seen this in a few other people's levels too (possibly not from this site, I don't remember).
Tseug - I don't know about yours since my lemmings don't even get close to the exit  :P

btw I have eight more levels ready to go. My next pack isn't too far away (hopefully!)

BulletRide

« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2008, 02:47:05 AM »
Just completed my Fifth pack, uploaded it on the Lemmings File Archive. Hope you like it  :laugh:

http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=54

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2008, 10:21:40 PM »
I like the style of your levels, without abusing glitches your levels are conceptualized to be non-trivial. For now I had a glance at them and solved half of them; I'll be absent the next two days, afterwards I can send you my solutions of you want.
You should edit your signature though. ;)

As for the level I made, I have a somewhat different style of building up levels, but I think all the moves that are required should be known to an experienced player - which does not mean that the level is trivial. :P

As for QBeez' fourth pack, even though the exit is not working properly, the level can be solved building into the exit. You just have to be more efficient then in order to have one builder left for that.

@tseug: did you recieve my e-mail from last Sunday?

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2008, 11:34:10 PM »
Really? I can't see how...

Besides, this isn't the only level I was talking about - there are at least 3 others in his other packs. Yes, two of those have enough builders to make them possible, but one ("Construction Site") from the 3rd pack doesn't as far as I can tell.

tseug

« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2008, 05:23:32 AM »
@tseug: did you recieve my e-mail from last Sunday?
Yes. I haven't tried any of your levels yet though.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2008, 03:12:24 PM »
Ah, ok. I just wasn't sure whether you were still using that e-mail address.

Finally completed BulletRide's 5th pack, but I'm pretty certain that two of my solutions won't be accepted as they only work for Custom Lemmings, not with the lowered safe fall distance of the Original Lemmings. First one of these is level 6, and the second one is level 10. The latter one is really stunning me, and I was only able to solve it abusing a glitch.

Demos will follow soon via PM.

BulletRide

« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2008, 08:09:21 PM »
Alright i fixed quite a few levels for varius reasons thanks to Geo's demos.

Farewell To Kings - Terrain piece added to prevent backroute.
Chainheart Machine - Fixed steel to prevent digging down first pillar.
Necromancer - Is unfixable, forgot about stopper canceling steel glitch.
Fall Guy - Added shitload of steel around right exit to prevent Glitch backroute.
Fair Old Lick - Made it so that you can beat it on Dos lemmings.

...and i didnt receive a Replay of The Quiet Place?

Thanks again Geo for the replays, i always overlook way to much stuff

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2008, 08:52:41 PM »
Ah I see, I just checked that I had 10 demos in the archive, and so I had 'Wing It' from the beta in while missing "The Quiet Place". I send you my demo for this one via mail; used steel gltich as well.
Honestly, "Fall Guy" is really stunning me. With the glitch my first demo used I might be able to find another backroute though...gotta check sometime.

So my solution to "Fair Old Lick" is valid? I'm surprised, because I'm pretty certain that it shouldn't: The beta version of your fifth pack already had this level in, and at that point you didn't yet know about the Custom Lemmings viewer style afaik, and therefore I think it should be solvable in the Original Lemmings mode. If you had recorded a demo of it before, could you check it again whether it is the same as mine?

As for 'Necromancer', isn't it possible to adapt the solution that it doesn't use the blocker? OTOH, I'm pretty certain the level can be solved using the trick that is reqired in tseug's level.

And a solution lacking creativity for the new version of "A Farewell To Kings", check your inbox.

BulletRide

« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2008, 11:18:41 PM »
I dont have any Replays of the level so i cant telll fo show if that is the right way, it feels right to me, it wasnt ment to be an overly dificult level.

Ya... Farewell to kings was done pretty quickly and i just kinda stuck it in there. I have another level i could add to replace it, Beastial Oblivion (part 2), ill probably do that to save myself time.

and for Necromancer, i dont really wanna steal tseugs level idea, i dont even know how to beat it anyway.

I cant judge Fall Guys dificulty because i made it, but i guess it could be pretty tricky considering the vast amounts of plausible roots you can take. You always seem to get stuck on my favourite levels.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 22, 2008, 02:22:51 AM »
My second level pack is done! These levels are VERY different to those in my first pack - they are quicker and (I think) more difficult in general.

Please use the Custom Lemmings viewer style for this pack (I'm sure most of you do anyway) - you will need the extra splat height on some levels!

siergiej

« Reply #178 on: April 22, 2008, 12:38:09 PM »
Belated Happy Birthday @tseug if I didn't mess up that date, this level is especially for you  ;): http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/geooPk2-x.lvl
Lemmix is recommended for playing it, but apart from the inverted entrance looking differently it should also work in CustLemm. EDIT: Confirmed to be solvable in CustLemm. I hope it doesn't have too many backroutes as my level usually have... Please send me the solution anyone who solves this level.

I have passed your level. Solving it gives a real satisfaction, as it has so many ways to the exit that seem to be possible at first glance  :). Check your PM.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2008, 12:18:21 PM »
Sorry for the delay in replying, but I was absent last weekend and prior to that the forums were off.

Now, this is an elegant solution; I really like it, Siergiej, even though it doesn't feature the idea I intended. Nice work!

Here's a new version making the Siergiej's alternative solution impossible, but I encourage everyone to try to find it as well (in the first version).
http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/geooPk2-x(2).lvl