Author Topic: Custlemm Level Pack Topic  (Read 93586 times)

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
Re: Custlemm Level Pack Topic
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2008, 12:40:20 PM »
Edit: lol I tried siergiej's pack yesterday, I couldnt find Qbees or clam's on the lemmings file portal, are we using a diferent site that i missed?

Yup, the levelpacks section of my site has improved since you last saw it. :)

BulletRide

« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2008, 09:57:00 PM »
Edit: lol I tried siergiej's pack yesterday, I couldnt find Qbees or clam's on the lemmings file portal, are we using a diferent site that i missed?

Yup, the levelpacks section of my site has improved since you last saw it. :)

Thanks. I love the new site. its really cool how you can see the pics of the levels before you download. It would be cool if those who played the levels could like rate each level on the dificulty and/or fun level out of 5 (4 mayhem, 5 sunsoft etc.)

tseug

« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2008, 12:44:27 AM »
Added a single level, called building practice. It will appear as soon as a moderator checks it..

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2008, 11:00:26 PM »
I'm quite busy with school again right now, but I gave "Hello, Goodbye" another try today and surprisingly saw the general idea of the level pretty much at first glance. Some pretty decent levels in this pack I'd say.

@BulletRide: Had a look at "When Live Gives you Lemmings" and recorded a solution. Same applies to it as to tseug's: got 47 but lowering the steel would decrease it by 1.
Guess sending the solution via email is convenient, I'd just need your address for that.
Have you actually got around to fix the backroute to "The Silent Circus" that I had found?

I know it for over two years and still haven's solved tseug's 6th level yet. Though I found that empty pixel in the bottom part of the terrain. But that'd leave me with only the digger at the top part for getting down and controlling the crowd...
I'm pretty certain what the climber/floater are intended for. Just need to find a solution to apply it.
Your new level hasn't been approved yet apparently.

Hope to get my level idea realized sometime soon though I'll be off for one week if I won't get it done until the end of the weekend.

BulletRide

« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2008, 07:40:54 PM »
Kinda surprised I missed that obvious backroute. I re-uploaded the pack to Lemmings file archive. The fixed level can also be gotten here...

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/1/3/1677536/WHen%20life%20gives%20you%20lemming22s.rar

hopefully now it wont be solved as easily. :tongue:

BulletRide

« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2008, 08:51:13 PM »
I still have not been able to figure out how to get ONML levels on Lemmix. I have been unable to play half of peoples packs because of this and its really anoying. Plus the fact that i cant create any levels with these terrains and I would really like to make some levels from them to add variety to my levels and give me more possible ideas.

The few times i tried it it somehow only replaced the already existing Styles (rock, fire etc) with the ONML levels, even though i still had all the files. This made me nervous for a few days as all my levels were kinda messed up and i didnt want to remake them. I fixed it a long time ago, but any ideas on fixing this procrastenated problem would be appreiciated, if more info is needed please ask.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2008, 10:37:29 PM »
You should set the viewer style to Custom Lemmings, not ONML. In CustLemm, the original styles have the IDs 0 thru 4 and the ONML styles 5 thru 8, while in ONML viewer style the ONML styles have the IDs 0 thru 3. Therefore selecting ONML for your original levels will display them with the wrong style set.

So, compile the CustLemm styles (if you don't already have), and then simply select it as viewer style.

BulletRide

« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2008, 10:58:21 PM »
You should set the viewer style to Custom Lemmings, not ONML. In CustLemm, the original styles have the IDs 0 thru 4 and the ONML styles 5 thru 8, while in ONML viewer style the ONML styles have the IDs 0 thru 3. Therefore selecting ONML for your original levels will display them with the wrong style set.

So, compile the CustLemm styles (if you don't already have), and then simply select it as viewer style.

Thanks man this helped alot. I realized that my main problem was that a few of the sets first terain pice was a empty space, so i figured it wasnt right, its working now though, sweeet.  :thumbsup:

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 06, 2008, 08:31:23 PM »
Added a single level, called building practice. It will appear as soon as a moderator checks it..
Apparently they are a bunch of lazy bums... :P Or did I miss something?

I'll be absent till Friday anyways...

tseug

« Reply #159 on: April 06, 2008, 09:22:14 PM »
Or maybe the upload system doesn't work...I'll try again.

QBeez

« Reply #160 on: April 08, 2008, 05:36:51 PM »
I just added my QBeez04 levelpack to the Lemmings File Archive.  :laugh:

« Reply #161 on: April 08, 2008, 08:26:47 PM »
Something you might like to hear: the downloads of levelpacks will be integrated in my new lemmings site. Mindless has given me permission and options to do this.

O, and I might even make solutionscreenshots for the levelpacks that are uploaded ;).

tseug

« Reply #162 on: April 08, 2008, 11:28:33 PM »
I just added my QBeez04 levelpack to the Lemmings File Archive.  :laugh:

Nice use of time limits. My favorite was level 5, assuming it was intentional that you have to build up to the exit. The rest were pretty easy.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2008, 08:04:27 PM »
I'm back from my week's absence, and this time with a new level I conceptualized.

Belated Happy Birthday @tseug if I didn't mess up that date, this level is especially for you  ;): http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/geooPk2-x.lvl
Lemmix is recommended for playing it, but apart from the inverted entrance looking differently it should also work in CustLemm. EDIT: Confirmed to be solvable in CustLemm. I hope it doesn't have too many backroutes as my level usually have... Please send me the solution anyone who solves this level.

Apparently your level still seems nowhere to be found, could you just upload it to the Lemmings File Portal or send it to my via e-mail, please?

tseug

« Reply #164 on: April 13, 2008, 02:42:01 AM »
Yeah my birthday was on the 11th :)

Somehow I think I'm going to be the first one to solve your level....

I don't think my level belongs in a pack because it's just 2 platforms, but much harder than it looks. Here's a link to it.