Author Topic: Custlemm Level Pack Topic  (Read 93590 times)

QBeez

Re: Custlemm Level Pack Topic
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2008, 09:30:16 PM »
I made 2 level packs. Their names are QBeez01 and QBeez02. They can both be found at the Lemmings File Archive.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2008, 10:24:30 PM »
OK, I have uploaded my level pack to the lemmings file archive. This is my first go at level design, so please tell me what you think...

I would say these levels are about Mayhem difficulty - let me know if you disagree. They should work in Lemmix and Custlemm (I have tested them in both)

QBeez

« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2008, 01:37:13 AM »
I just finished my QBeez03 level pack! It, like the previous two, can be found at the Lemmings File Archive.

siergiej

« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2008, 05:49:02 PM »
Is it possible to rename this topic, so that it would be called "Lemmix levels topic" or even "Custom levels topic"? As most of us seem to use Lemmix for making new levels, this would be more suitable name... and, of course, new members of Lemmings Community wouldn't have any doubt where to post announcement about their brand new level pack.  :P

siergiej

« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2008, 06:25:05 PM »
OK, I have uploaded my level pack to the lemmings file archive. This is my first go at level design, so please tell me what you think...

I would say these levels are about Mayhem difficulty - let me know if you disagree. They should work in Lemmix and Custlemm (I have tested them in both)

Interesting pack, it forces you to think a bit about the solution before passing it. And I think it's quite demanding (unless I'm a pretty noob player, of course :tongue: )

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2008, 07:01:53 PM »
Wow, there's a big influx of new level designers all of a sudden, awesome!

I'll check out these packs later when school isn't being time-intensive.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

tseug

« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2008, 05:29:32 AM »
What am I doing here? I dunno...
Maybe I should start playing lemmings again?
I might have a look at some of the new level packs :)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2008, 02:09:41 AM »
Coincidentally, only yesterday I retried the 6th level of your pack - without success though.  Nice to see you passing by here again.

Got to agree with siergiej, ClamSpammer's levels are quite interesting, none of them is obvious on first glance, apart perhaps from the second to last one (well, and the title of it is some additional giveaway).
Some of them are a bit long, but nevertheless a decent set from what I saw. Gotta give the level I had only a glance at a closer look.

Hmm, I've got some new level idea...

tseug

« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2008, 10:01:18 PM »
I tried clamspammer's pack. 2-10 weren't too hard... but level 1 looks impossible O_o
I must be missing something really obvious

@geo  Look carefully at the terrain.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2008, 10:39:49 PM »
Well yeah, in ClamSpammer's pack I can only get 97%, if it wasn't for the tight time limit I would be able to get 98%.

@tseug: I already expected the idea being hidden in the terrain, in fact one of your statements via mail already implied that iirc. I won't need extensive RR fiddling, will I? As I'm not quite in the mood for that. ;) Well, maybe I'll get a different view on it considering that apart from two days ago I haven't tried this level for months.
Same happened once to me with "Final Call" from the pack BulletRide2, which I solved pretty quickly after the hiatus. I liked BulletRide's packs in general I've got to say.
I don't expect to solve your sixth level quickly though...

tseug

« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
You only need to change the RR twice.

Can you give me a hint for level 1 in clamspammer's pack? It really seems impossible. :scared:

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2008, 11:41:33 PM »
Can you give me a hint for level 1 in clamspammer's pack? It really seems impossible.

:o Really? I thought this was one of the easier levels of the pack, a kind of "warm up" for the other levels (that's why I put it at the start).

I don't know how you guys are going about this, but if you're leaving one group of lemmings in the upper chamber (where the trapdoor is) for longer than ~15 seconds, then that would explain why you're running out of time.

By the way, are your lemmings coming out 1, 2, 2, 1... or 1, 2, 1, 2?
Before I uploaded the pack, I had it the second way but now it seems they've gone back to the first way :XD: This shouldn't matter in terms of solving the level, just annoying...

tseug

« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2008, 12:24:58 AM »
I have found 2 different ways to get 3 seconds away from completion. One of them runs out of time at 86% (doesnt use bomber) and the other at 97% (uses bomber). The weird thing is that the last lemming stops at almost the same distance from the exit in each of them. If there were 3 more seconds it would allow both to finish right on time.

If I could do the 97% one using a basher in place of the bomber it would be fine, but it's really hard (actually it's impossible).

BulletRide

« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2008, 12:29:48 AM »
I was trying to stay away but this flux in levels hooked me in. I tried a few of Clam's levels yesterday and there were pretty good. Im going to try a few of Qbeez levels right now. Who knows, maybe I will be inspired into createing another pack, my last pack was lazily slapped together just to get it out (and is probably still packed with the countless backroutes Geo loves me for)so I need to redeem myself (although a few of my favs are in that pack). If you want replays on anything just ask and will send them/solve the ones I havnt yet.

Edit: lol I tried siergiej's pack yesterday, I couldnt find Qbees or clam's on the lemmings file portal, are we using a diferent site that i missed?

-and can someone test When Live Gives you Lemmings from my last pack, that was my favourite level and it would hurt me deeply if there was random backroute in it like the one Geo found in silent circus.

tseug

« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2008, 02:08:42 AM »
Finally did level 1! The solution is symmetrical dangit :XD:

Overall quite a good pack. Although none of them were very hard for me except level 1...

-and can someone test When Live Gives you Lemmings from my last pack, that was my favourite level and it would hurt me deeply if there was random backroute in it like the one Geo found in silent circus.
Could you PM me the solution? I did the level but didn't know how to save replays. I do now, but I wasn't able to alt-tab during the level.

If you extended the steel directly to the right of the entrance down 4 pixels I would have saved 46 instead of 47.