Author Topic: Custlemm Level Pack Topic  (Read 93398 times)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
Re: Custlemm Level Pack Topic
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2007, 08:54:10 PM »
Wrong: Oh no! More Lemmings has 60+3 of safe-fall distance. Only CustLemm has 63+3 which is WRONG.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2007, 09:28:34 PM »
Ah right, sorry for that.
I remembered incorrectly and thought that as CustLemm was a hacked version of ONML it would have the same fall distance.

BulletRide

« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2007, 08:16:58 PM »
ill look at your replays and fix the levels tommorow if not monday, im kinda busy this week

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2007, 01:53:40 AM »
alright, the file portal now has passworded uploads
files already uploaded cannot be overwritten, but future uploads may be overwritten if you know the password it was uploaded with

edit: also, passwords are salted and hashed, so no worries if I get hacked :P or if you find the secret flatfile <_<

BulletRide

« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2007, 09:58:02 PM »
Geo: i cant find a way to prevent your solution to holy diver. the floater was ment to be forced to be a blocker, but you found a way to prevent that );

any ideas? or should i just replace the level

BulletRide

« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2007, 10:23:24 PM »
I edited my first pack and fixed most of the levels. i am replacing 'Holy diver' with a new level i made and if i can find a way to fix it, ill put it in another pack. levels that have ben changed...

-bridges and shading: removed the climber
-Food for the goods: replaced part of floor with water
-Subterranean: moved exit over, slight terrain movement
-Lemmings in a cage: fixed steel area.
-A bid farewell: raised up first platform, deleted a bomber and added a floater.
-A long way down: raised the last middle platform to avoid bashing on to it.
-Holy diver: replaced
edit-Once great place:OWA's added

New version now on fileportal
http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2007, 10:29:41 PM »
Unless the very left part is crucial for your solution, you could simply set the left exit a little lower that the lemmings won't splat, and remove the floater and a builder and increase the amount of lemmings to be saved by 2.
Alternatively you could adapt my part to manage the left part and force the floater to be bombed somewhere.

I'm still stunned at "Final Call" (Set 2). I guess I could solve it if I had a floater, but I'm always a few frames short. The lemmings are permanently held at the right while the trailblazer builds to the exit, aren't they? Or wait, I've got to look something up... No.

BulletRide

« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2007, 10:34:59 PM »
the problem with holy diver is that most of the level was devoted to freeing that blocker. without the need to its kinda a pointless levelĀ  :'(

and pm the soulution for final call youve com up with so far, i wanna see what your trying

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2007, 10:45:17 PM »
You mean the aim is to release the floater again that he can fulfil his journey (like he did in my solution)?
Or to release the floater after all is said and done, i.e. just to get another lemming saved?
In any case, I'd want to check what can be done.

As for Final Call, I've got a couple of solutions that barely fail. I'll check whether I can indeed do it using a floater, and in case that works, I'll send you that demo. No hints please, though.

BulletRide

« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2007, 10:58:34 PM »
Ya. your spose to free the blocker so he can fufil his jorney. ill send my solution if it will help you understand.

As for final call, i just wanted to see what you were trying. i didnt think there were that many posible ways, so for you to get close so many times im curiuos what youve come up with tthat a might or might not have.
im not asking for full replays, maybe just some quick screenshots of the diff ways.

BulletRide

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2007, 11:08:00 PM »
Can you try the new level in the pack? i wanna make sure theres no backroutes in that one. (ive already removed all that i could find)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2007, 11:10:58 PM »
I'll send you one of my almost-solutions for final call and explain a few other attempts.

As for 'Holy Diver', I'll have a closer look at it first; you can send me your solution if you want, but I'll only have a look at it if I cannot find a way to prevent that backroute without.

And I'll have a look at the fixed version of the levels now.

Are you going to fix the levels of your second pack I backrouted (i.e. those that were also backroutable with Original Lemmings fall distance)?

BulletRide

« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2007, 11:12:20 PM »
im working on the second pack now, should be done in bout an hour.
should i raise the fall distance or leave it for the dos lemings version.  if i should change it how many pixels do i have to increase it?

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2007, 11:19:21 PM »
Well, as I said, as long as you mention the fall distance the level is to be played with I don't think you'd need to change the levels; Only CustLemm users would have to play them using CustLem2.
In case you want to adapt the level to the CustLemm fall distance though, you'd have to increase the ledges by three pixels.

BulletRide

« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2007, 11:28:56 PM »
How do i send replays? im a little comp illeterate.

aslo your final call solutions are pretty clever, youll get it eventually.

Edit: oh, did you ever beat Deepsix part 1 and 2? i would like to see your solutions befor i re-release the pack