Author Topic: Custlemm Level Pack Topic  (Read 93470 times)

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
Re: Custlemm Level Pack Topic
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2007, 02:22:08 PM »
:devil:

10 other levels from my "remake" :
http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?cmd=get&file=levelpacks/pieuw02.dat

(There's no ONML level in this pack ;))

I'll try your levels soon =)

BulletRide

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2007, 10:51:55 PM »
cool thanx  :devil: ill try these when i get back from work. :thumbsup:

BulletRide

« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2007, 04:06:24 AM »
ive now beaten all the levels except ghost cross. mad confused on that one. :scared:

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2007, 09:36:10 AM »
Huhu, this one is special, I don't know if it works in all versions...
I tested it out with WinLem & Dos Lemmings, it worked.
If you still can't do it, I'll mp you the solution =P

What do you think about this pack ? :s

BulletRide

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2007, 07:36:49 PM »
I remember a few of those levels from your remake (i played a bit of it). X marks the spot, lemmings on a thread, diggin the air, and the evil sandglass i had already beaten so those were easy to me.

Fearsome rain is a quality level, if you increased the saved req you would make it much harder. Also bashing through the pillar was mean for some reason, took me so many trys to build then bash through it (lucky I got lemix replays :thumbsup:).

you should also increase the grassy level to 100%. unless this was an early level from your pack.

Underground exit is a pretty hard level untill you find the trick. took me a little while.

EvilSandglass is prob one of my fav from that pack. its a level thats a little diff from the others and took me a little while to figure out when i first played it.

So logical took me a medium amout of time. i was stumped untill i remembered the trick used.

The lemming gallery has bad steel placements. :sick: the one on the left side you can go right through instead of stopping, i changed that on my editor then beat the level. (if thats not the right way im stumped)

Its a good pack over all. Ghost Cross im still clueless on. If it uses the floater glitch, i dont think that works on lemmix
(so that could be my problem. but i still woulnt know how to get it below anyway so id be in the same stumped state)

thanx for the levels.  :thumbsup: if you want any screen shots of any or all levels let me know. :winktounge:

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2007, 09:22:20 PM »
I've been pretty busy the last weeks, so I didn't have much time to spare on playing the new levels. Holidays will start next week, so hopefully some more time left for that then.

Yet I somehow managed to give the most recent levels posted here a shot. These are my solutions: http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/pieuw2_sol.rar recorded in Lemmix.
I had the same problem with 'The Lemming Gallery' as BulletRide: My solution assumes the steel to stop the miner to be shifted a little to the right.
My solution to 'Fearsome Rain' doesn't involve bashing through the pillar at all. It is possible that my solution might not work for WinLemm at the very right as I don't know about the max-fall distance there. No optimal solution I guess, 82% saved and 1 digger left.

Overall I found those levels enjoyable (at least with fast forward, savestates and replay feature ;)) and of medium difficulty. None of the solutions took me much time to figure out, yet every level required me to consider various possibilites; for some reason I had some problems finding the solution for 'The Lemming Gallery' at first, at my second try though I saw it immediately. I'll certainly have a look at the other levels you made sometime. Pretty neat.

Oh, and 'Ghost Cross' can obviously be solved using Lemmix. ;)

EDIT: @pieuw: please tell me if I should provide my solutions not publicly.
@Bulletride: I've solved half of your second pack now, will post my solutions (privately? publicly?) when I'm done with it or completely stuck. Looks great so far.

BulletRide

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2007, 01:26:44 AM »
Just pm me the solutions.

And by beating half of my second does that mean you beat all my first? I put most of my harder levels in my first pack.

Im pretty sure i missed a few backroutes in some of my levels so soloutions/screenshots would be a great help. :thumbsup:

Edit: what levels have you beaten/Stuck on. Just curius

Edit: lol i went back and beat Ghost Cross my first try.

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2007, 08:55:28 AM »
Grassy Path is a level from the 2d difficulty so 100% would be too hard :p
Evil Sandglass is the very first level I created :D
In The Lemming Gallery, this steel works properly for me... I'll adjust it.
The solution for The Ghost Cross is just a bug, I created a similar level (Let the Magic Happen !) but don't know if it could work with lemmix :s

BulletRide : Yes please show me your solutions ! ^^ I'll try your levels this afternoon.
Geoo89 : It's okay for the solutions, but I can't open the files ><

Thanks both for your opinion ! :devil:

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2007, 09:09:52 PM »
To play the demos I uploaded, Open Lemmix, open the *.dat file your level are located in, press F2 (playtest), press Shift+R, select the demo file and watch.

As for BulletRide's levels, which Lemmings version are they intended for? As the bottom exit works for neither of the Deep Six levels, and DOS lemmings has a bug that prevents me from mining to the right through a OWW pointing right.
Might be intended though, and in case it is I'll give those two another try the way they are.
Level one in completely stunning me though. Didn't get it yet, I guess I'll have to try harder on it. No spoilers/hints though, please.

Solutions for the 7 levels I solved via PM. And no, I didn't give your first pack a try yet.

BulletRide

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2007, 09:35:00 PM »
My levels were made in lemix.

Ill fix the exit in deepsix, i was sure it was working.. :devil:

The OWA's on deepsix part1 are kinda ment to prevent mining right, so that dosnt effect my solution at all.

and when i try to watch the replays is said somthing about the header beiing invalid, any ideas?

Edit: the fact that you beat The Quiet PLace and not lvl 1 is scaring me, i think you found a backroute.
edit 2: gah i went and found the back route that im guessing you used. how did i miss that? should be easy to fix though if i just add some scenery to prevent the climber climbing up the first wall. if only i could get your replays to play :(

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2007, 10:00:54 PM »
Ah, found out what the problem is: you need to set the Viewer Style to 'Custom Lemmings', not original lemmings.

And the problem with the bottom exits in the 'Deep Six' Levels is caused by an intereference of the OWA and the exit trigger area.

BulletRide

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2007, 11:00:52 PM »
your solution to Jotun shouldnt be that easy, custom lemmings must have a higher fall distance.

The Quiet Place was also a backroute  :'(  Easy to fix though.

Your second solution for A Long Way Down was also effected by the increased fall distance, your first solution i hadnt learned about before i made that level so that also wasnt the intended soulution. Guess i could add a trap above the exit top prevent that.

my levels were made for Dos lemmings. try playing them on that setting if you have lemmix.

edit:Is there a way i could replace an old ver with a new ver of a pack on fileportal? or do i just add it again as v2.

Should my levels be set to dos or custlemm. if custlemm whats the difference in fall distance between the 2 versions so i could alter fall realated levels.

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2007, 06:25:42 AM »
I should allow overwrite (authorized by a password set at upload time)... maybe I'll implement that when I have some free time.  Otherwise just PM me when you want something of yours removed.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2007, 05:47:36 PM »
The max-safe-fall distance is 60+3 px for Original Lemmings, 63+3 px for ONML/Custlemm.
Assuming the CustLemm distance is common, some time back there was only CustLemm that could easily play levels. Later ccexplore hacked CustLemm to have the different 60+3 px fall distance (and apparently some other subtle differences), and I made my levels for this version. Now that there is Lemmix, we can easily switch between the versions.
Overall most level were made a long time ago and thus use the 63+6 px distance; most of them are not affects by the distance difference anyways.
But as long as you note which version the levels are meant for, there's no problem creating level for either distance.

I solved Juton & A Long Way Down with the 60+3 px fall distance now. Assuming that the bottom exit is accessible, I've got a solution for Deep Six (Part 2) as well.

I'll wait for the new versions of the other levels I backrouted.

For level 4 of your first set, I bet it's meant to be 40/40 (100%), not 100/40 (250%)? :winktounge:

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2007, 08:05:13 PM »
I got through pack 1 now. Many of my solutions look backroutish, anyway, I'll send them via  PM.
Both of your packs are pretty challenging, really enjoyable to play as they usually require only a few skills. Keep it up; comments on specific levels as soon as I know which ones I did not use a backroute for. ;)