Author Topic: LemRunner Style Packs  (Read 5680 times)

Offline 92Dexter11

• View Profile
LemRunner Style Packs
« on: April 09, 2021, 06:54:35 PM »
Hello all!

I'm 92Dexter11. I am tan x dx's younger brother, and the creator of several lemmings styles, notably the Renaissance Lemmings and Chalkboard Lemmings.
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4214.0
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4237.0

I'm not as big a Lemmings fan as my brother (although I did play it a bunch when I was growing up), hence why I haven't made an account until now,
I love making graphical content for video games as a hobby, so when my brother suggested that I make some things for the Lemmings forums, I jumped at the opportunity.

Me and my brother agreed that it would be a lot easier if I made my own account to publish my level styles, rather than awkwardly using his account as a proxy, so hello!

Enough about me, let's talk about the new styles.
I've made 5 new style packs for you to use! (well, technically 6, but one of the style packs just contains generic multi-purpose stuff).

They're based off of one of my favourite games of all time, LodeRunner 2.

Background info about the LodeRunner series:
LodeRunner was a platformer ported to various different consoles and systems (much like Lemmings!), in LodeRunner, the game revolves around collecting gold to open an exit while avoiding deadly monks.

LodeRunner2 is a 3D isometric remake of the original game.
I think the worlds in LR2 are so bizarre, creative and intriguing that I wanted to create a Lemmings-based tribute to it.

Image links:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Each world comes with its own set of music tracks, consisting of quieter ambient tunes and noises. If this is not to your liking, feel free to swap them out to something else.
Also included in the pack are custom completion/failure jingles! Again, if these don't interest you, then feel free to disable them in the NeoLemmix options menu.

I absolutely adore LodeRunner 2's aesthetics, and I thought that they would translate really well into NeoLemmix. It was somewhat tricky to de-make a 3d isometric game into a 2d platformer, but I think I did it justice, and kept the overall feel of the original game.

Get the style packs here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwlv37vpzu0lxz6/LemRunnerStylesV5-2.zip?dl=1

My brother and I have also created some puzzles to go along with it! At 50 levels in total, it's our biggest level pack so far. We really spent a long time making it and we hope you'll enjoy the levels as much as we enjoyed making them!

Link to the Level pack:
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5536.0

I'll post the solutions pack later on, after you've all had a chance to play it (and, inevitably, find a ton of backroutes that we overlooked!)

Let us know what you think! :thumbsup:

Version 5 of the style pack has been released!
Changelog:

Version 5.2 changelog:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 07:13:21 PM by 92Dexter11 »

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
Re: 5 New Style Packs
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 08:19:38 PM »
oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh chalkboard is in my top 5 fave styles awesome work

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 09:09:14 PM »
What is your top 5 favourite styles, Mantha? Since you've made at least 1 level in every style (quite a feat, btw!), I'd be interested to know...

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 12:06:45 AM »
well i havent finished yet but i would say (in no particular order)

chalkboard
jade
glacier
leminas
and my own styles for the custom lems

Offline 92Dexter11

• View Profile
Re: LemRunner Style Packs
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 09:45:47 PM »
A new update to the style pack has been released!

Check the op for details.
It is recommended that you update to the latest version.

The new style packs now include support for the new "paint" objects in the editor.
This shouldn't effect any levels or replays, please let me know if there are any problems!

These styles should also be available from the in-game style manager shortly.

Offline 92Dexter11

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 07:14:32 PM »
Pleased to announce that version 5 of the style pack has been released.

Please refer to the original post for a full changelog.
The main changes are support for transparency/antialiasing.

Offline 92Dexter11

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2021, 07:19:05 PM »
Version 5.2 has been released. This is a very small patch, fixing an issue with the teleporters, check OP for details.