Author Topic: [SUG][PLAYER] Assign hotkeys to panel buttons (as well as individual skills)  (Read 3470 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
As discussed on Discord.

The idea would be to allow each panel button to have its own designated hotkey, so it can be accessed no matter which skill happens to be in that particular slot.

Very useful for speedrunning, levels with few skill types, levels with a mix of classic and new skills, and just gameplay in general.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 10:30:17 PM by WillLem »

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Due to the variety of skills making it hard to find a dedicated hotkey for each of them, I would likely use this option if it were implemented.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
I really love it when Dullstar and I agree on something :lemcat:

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Just wondering since it's been a while, is this one still potentially happening?

If this idea cannot happen, or is rejected, how about being able to continuously scroll through the skills, so that when pressing "next skill" once it reaches whichever skill is furthest to the right on the panel, it scrolls back to the skill furthest on the left (and vice versa)? That way, players can use a single pair of hotkeys to easily access all skills.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 01:43:41 PM by WillLem »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
This is still on the cards.

how about being able to continuously scroll through the skills, so that when pressing "next skill" once it reaches whichever skill is furthest to the right on the panel, it scrolls back to the skill furthest on the left (and vice versa)?
Implemented in commit db95d23. There's really no reason this shouldn't have been the case.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
This is still on the cards.

Good to know :thumbsup:

Since the skills for most levels are totally different, it makes more sense to have hotkeys-per-button as well as hotkeys-per-skill. I'd definitely use this feature if implemented.

how about being able to continuously scroll through the skills, so that when pressing "next skill" once it reaches whichever skill is furthest to the right on the panel, it scrolls back to the skill furthest on the left (and vice versa)?
Implemented in commit db95d23. There's really no reason this shouldn't have been the case.

Brilliant, thanks for doing this :thumbsup: