Author Topic: Cheapo Level Pack Topic  (Read 32278 times)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2006, 06:03:46 PM »
I've finished a half-done level of mine today. Design is a little strange, but I quite like it though. It's most likely full of backroutes still, but anyways, I hope you'll give it a try: http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/Crystal.lev
EDIT: I forgot to say, it requires Ahribar's Crystal style to be played.
EDIT2: It's called "Illusive Paths", just in case you are sreaching.

As for glitches (highlight to read): <generic filler> No glitches involved! <more filler to make the message appear longer>
EDIT: modified spoiler color to make it fit the background.

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2007, 04:42:56 AM »
Is anyone still making Cheapo levels? It's been a big while since the forums were down.

Nuntar still needs to finish reviewing my levels!

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2007, 12:28:49 PM »
The community is kinda dead.  I myself was working on a Cheapo pack long ago, but only got 12 levels into the easy category and got bored.

And I think Nuntar left; he said he doesn't come here enough to at least justify his General Discussion moderatorship...

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2007, 07:07:37 PM »
I stopped making levels a long time ago. It also seems like the majority of the "level design" section of the playerbase got lost somehow through the various migrations.

Maybe I'll pick it up again sometime, but for now I'm done with level design unless I randomly get a ridiculously awesome idea.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2007, 10:22:51 PM »
Yay, I've still got a few ideas spread over a couple of notes which are again spread over my whole room; but for once I'm lacking time and I'm currently not in the mood either, therefore I'm doing, besides some important stuff, some other unimportant stuff first. :(

EDIT: But I'm still active as you might have noticed. ;)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2007, 11:02:58 PM »
Ok, realized a level idea in a level in a new preliminary style.
The style: http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/CheapoSupaplexStyle.zip
The level: http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/GravitationalForce.lev

Just in the highly unlikely case that someone feels like making a level in this new style, if there's some object/music/whatever missing you'd need for the level, ask me and I'll add it asap.

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2007, 12:23:46 AM »
It also seems like the majority of the "level design" section of the playerbase got lost somehow through the various migrations.

I made five levels recently, although three are strongly based off previous cheapo levels, and another is incredibly easy. Look in the Lemmings Remake topic under general discussion.

They're LemEdit though, not Cheapo.

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2007, 10:02:20 PM »
I can't make levels for the life of me. I usually end up making levels less hard and more aesthetically appealing...

SeriousGamer

« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2007, 04:58:49 AM »
I'm not sure how active this forum is, it's been a while since I've been around. Anyway I started making a second cheapo level set but stopped a while ago due to lack of motivation. I didn't want to let them go to waste, so here they are:

www.intercomm.com/seriousgamer/sg2preview.set

and the same styles from my first set:

www.intercomm.com/seriousgamer/SNESMusStyles.zip

The set only has four levels but they range from easy to difficult (excluding possible backroutes). Also I'm curious, has anyone beaten level 22 from my first set?

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2007, 11:02:44 AM »
I sent you my backroute-solution to level 22 sometime ago via PM. Have you removed that backroute since then?

As for your new levels, I like 'Euclid's Lemming' best: I had one of the bashers left though in the end.
First level, I sent 100% of the lemmings to the left exit.
Second one
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SeriousGamer

« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2007, 09:25:14 PM »
Yeah, I did fix the backroute for 22. I'm impressed how fast you responded with your solutions. You're right that your solution for the last one is a backroute, I'll try to fix it.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2007, 12:07:13 AM »
Well, with the last one having that blatant backroute, it didn't take that much time to solve your 4 levels: first one is trivial (well, I think I went the easy way and released a blocker), second one not too difficult either after finding the main idea, only the third one took some time to figure. Overall perhaps like 20 minutes.

I played the new version of level 22 and solved it. Check your inbox, I'll send a PM with my solution soon.

btw, did somebody try my crystal level 'Illusive Paths'? The basic idea behind it is ridiculously simple, yet somewhat obscure and subtle.

SeriousGamer

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2007, 06:25:56 AM »
Thanks for trying out my levels. You got the intended solution to 22 btw. :laugh:
After a lot of effort I've beaten illusive paths but probably not the intended way. I'll PM you my solution.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2007, 11:49:19 AM »
Hey nice, thanks for playing my level. Yes, you're right, it is a backroute, and based on your idea there are some more of the same kind. I hope I can fix this with OWWs: check out the new version: http://207.58.177.175/~geoo89/lemmings/Crystal.lev

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2009, 11:05:20 PM »
It also seems like the majority of the "level design" section of the playerbase got lost somehow through the various migrations.

I made five levels recently, although three are strongly based off previous cheapo levels, and another is incredibly easy. Look in the Lemmings Remake topic under general discussion.

They're LemEdit though, not Cheapo.

I think lemedit stuff goes in the CustLemm thread, from what I've learned from asking questions.

I have an unfinished level pack, but the first 6 levels have been confirmed to work (this counts the level made up of three levels as one level).  It's very hard, though, and I'm going to have to do a little bit of digging to find my cheapo stuff.

I'm probably not going to work on it ever again, but I do update it from time to time...
I don't know if it would work to attach it to this post, so if it isn't, I may or may not make it downloadable.  If anyone's interested, let me know.