Author Topic: Cheapo Level Pack Topic  (Read 32250 times)

Ice_Eagle

Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 03:46:11 AM »
The mystery set is indeed a mystery. When released each of the 15 levels contain something special in them.

geoo89, I liked the first level "Captured by Pillars". Nice trick used there!  :D Unfortunately I couldn't beat the other levels yet; they were quite hard.  

Here's Sets 1 and 2. These levels are quite fun, especially when going for 100% in them. Both sets use a lot of different styles.

Set 1 contains 40 levels. They use a lot of different styles, but none of them are Lemmus styles. As for the levels, a lot of them are quite fun. Some fun ones are "Bublaria," "Get to the Portkey!," "Wacky Walls," and more.

Set 2 contains 24 levels. Some of the levels were not as fun as the ones in set 1, but 99% of them are 100% possible. One level is very special, as it contains two characters from two movies.

UPDATES: "The Retarded Level" is now Level 26, and I've completely rejected the level "Needles," and replaced it with a new one, "Up the Top," which is Level 24. For set 2, Level 15 has the new level, "Any way you want!" with a few rearrangements in the set.

Ice_Eagle

Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 06:14:36 PM »
So Nuntar, want to review those two new levels I posted up?

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 07:02:53 PM »
Hey, give him a little more time. ;)

For "Up the Top", the walls look a bit strange, and once you worked out the solution, it gets a little boring. Other than that, no bad solution idea, bit too easy for my taste, but that's not everyone's.
"Any way you want!" is not too hard once you know the trick, however it makes you think how to contain the crowd and if you don't know how to get up, it should take you a while (I think).

Ice_Eagle

Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2006, 07:17:12 PM »
Sorry. I just like reading reviews from other people! It excites me!

I make Fun to Tricky difficulty levels, so most of my levels may be easy for you, but some are quite fun.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 09:43:46 AM »
The link doesn't seem to be working.........  :cry:

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Ice_Eagle

Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2006, 03:33:20 PM »
So, Nuntar, did you have comments on the two new levels yet?

Meanwhile, I'm 9 levels away from finishing the set, but some need testing still.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2006, 10:04:10 PM »
"Up the Top" was fun...... I see that you turned a trick I showed you in one of my 100% solutions into the main solution!  :D  A bit weird to see a Prince level without the Prince music, but with such a long level it would get boring.

I don't have the style for the other.....

Ice_Eagle

Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 10:50:42 PM »
That might probably be because you don't have the right version of Lemmings Racers.

I sent you a new version of the style through email, which includes the new objects including the water.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2006, 08:00:21 AM »
Thanks  :D

OK, that was also a fun level. I took the top route, so finding unexpected metal above the exit was nasty  :(  but I finished with 30 builders spare.... I think even 40 might be possible with care........

Ice_Eagle

Re: Cheapo Level Pack Topic
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2006, 09:50:29 PM »
Set 3 is now done! Alright!  :laugh:

http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmingswelt/index.php?cmd=get&file=cheapo/IceEagle3.zip

This time, set 3 may be a bit harder than Set 2. But the levels are much more special-looking than before.

You need to include the "Red Beach.sty" in your styles folder. It's an updated version with new musics. This applies to levels 20 and 23.

I can't wait for your comments on my new levels, Nuntar!

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2006, 12:34:55 PM »
I'm trying them out, a few at a time   :laugh:

One criticism: the upside-down "MENACING" was great fun (those irregular strands can be a real obstacle at times) but placing the upside-down "What an awesome level!" as the very next level was a big mistake. Long levels with lots of building can be OK when they have other good features, but two in a row is just meh.

EDIT: oh, and I seem to be missing the style for Level 10.

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2006, 12:31:52 PM »
Style for Level 10: http://www.garjen.co.uk/Download.php?l=9&f=RedDragons2

So do you have any comments on my levels yet?

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2006, 01:07:41 PM »
Tomorrow, when I have a bit more free time.  :cool:  But I am working on my dissertation now, so it may take a couple of weeks before I get round to trying all 30.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2006, 06:32:22 PM »
Ice Eagle, quit stealing my level ideas. :tongue: