Author Topic: [DISC][PLAYER] Midair exit rules  (Read 12322 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: [DISC][PLAYER] Midair exit rules
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2021, 09:00:22 PM »
Perhaps the setup in the attachment - or some variation thereof - would be able to fix the level? Portals, if and when they're introduced, may work better than teleporters for this.

Unfortunately neither that nor portals would help, since the exit needs to be accessible from the start and locked. The level in question is Sensational 12 "Falling Forever" from Lemminas (attached). In this particular setup, placing terrain beneath the exit would ruin the whole point of the level.

I guess this is the problem with using niche physics features as the basis for a level, but... well, that's a big part of my level creation style :P

Hopefully, if Floater/Glider exit behaviour is removed, we get the Vortex object :lemcat: I'm suddenly back to thinking that would be the best solution for everybody.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2021, 01:16:55 AM »
I'd find it strangely limiting if vortexes didn't also support locking and lemming limits, personally.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2021, 12:05:59 AM »
I'd find it strangely limiting if vortexes didn't also support locking and lemming limits, personally.

Agreed. The level I've posted above would need vortexes to be lockable in order to recreate the level.

Let's keep any discussion of the ins-and-outs of vortexes here though, so as not to get the discussions confused.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2021, 07:00:26 PM »
Okay so - after some more thinking about this, while there are endless possibilities for what could be considered the best rule, I am going to make the decision from a different angle.

Nothing that is well-established will change. This means - floater and glider behavior will stay as is, as will other edge cases with existing skills (for example, a digger clinging on to some terrain at the side).

However, the recent skills will get changed to follow the spirit of the rules I suggested earlier. This means Reacher will not remain able to exit, and Jumper will stay unable to exit (with that last-frame-able-to-exit bug fixed).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)