Author Topic: [BUG][PLAYER] Using shimmier/jumper to let a normal lemming enter a midair exit.  (Read 3540 times)

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile

I found out that reachers are allowed to enter midair exits, which means you can use shimmier to let a lemming enter the exit mid-air.

Also at the last frame of jumping phase, the lemming can enter mid-air exit too.

Both should be banned in my opinion :)
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
@Armani

I'm curious to know, what's your reasoning for thinking that this was a bug that "should be banned", as opposed to a valid behaviour?

Also - I've just looked at this again and realised that the Jumper only actually exits on the final frame of its arc. This is indeed a bug; it should be able to exit along the full range of its arc, if at all.

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
Actually, when I first found out that reacher can enter exit, I wasn't sure it was an intended behavior or a bug.
That's why I asked namida on discord whether this is a bug or not.
And he said that it's a bug and also the two skill(shimmier/jumper) should be consistent.

As for now, I don't have any strong preference on "should jumper be allowed to enter exit?"
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
I wasn't sure it was an intended behavior or a bug.
That's why I asked namida on discord whether this is a bug or not.
And he said that it's a bug and also the two skill(shimmier/jumper) should be consistent.

OK, thanks for clarifying :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Fixed - as is the bug where an exit will interrupt a Jumper skill shadow even at positions where the Jumper can't exit (which is now all positions except upon landing) - in commit 5e5b286.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)