Author Topic: [SuperLemmini] Lemmings But With Lemminas! (72 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium]  (Read 9025 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
This project has been discontinued. An alternative version will soon be available for SuperLemmix (eta late Jan 2024)

Lemmings, But With Lemminas!
The original game, remixed and modded for SuperLemmini!

Download removed

This pack features 64 levels from Lemmings, remixed slightly and including the Lemminas ('female Lemmings') mod: this is Lemmings sprites recoloured with pink robes instead of blue, and with their hair in a swish, ready-for-action ponytail.

The mod also features recoloured UI elements such as panel icons, cursor, replay symbol and even menu background.

Most important, however, is the music :lemcat: Included with this pack is 8 brand new compositions, arranged and produced especially for the Lemminas mod:

Music Credits (click to show/hide)

The levels themselves are based on the recent DMA Remasters pack, and so include all decorative terrain, plus better-behaved steel and all the other various improvements featured in those levels.

There is also a group of 8 new Bonus levels which have been redesigned and updated for this pack. These are based on some of my early level creations, with improvements to make them a bit more playable! The final level is exclusive to the SuperLemmini version of this pack

I hope you enjoy this pack! Feel free to use the Lemminas mod and music for your own levels, but be sure to credit me if you do so. Thank you!

SuperLemmini users: To install, simply unzip the folder to your SuperLemmini directory; it contains everything you need to run the game:

:lemming: levels - the levels themselves
:lemming: mods - includes the Lemminas sprites, plus all other graphical features of this mod
:lemming: music - the 8 new music tracks (see above for credits)
:lemming: replays - a full set of replays generated during playtesting

Please don't hesistate to comment or message me if you experience any issues getting your copy set up.

NeoLemmix users: the NeoLemmix version of this pack can be downloaded here.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 03:16:12 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Here is just the Lemminas music, and just the Lemminas mod (for SuperLemmini), as separate downloads.

Again, feel free to use these in your own projects, but please credit me if you do so.

Thanks, enjoy! :lemcat:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 10:40:39 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Reserved

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Here's a video LP of the entire pack on YouTube (split into one episode per rank).

Offline mentalconflux

• View Profile
I've been watching some of the LP, gotta say I love the soundtrack. I need to try out SuperLemmini. Never thought I'd have so many versions of Lemmings on my system at one time...
Streaming the series (recordings last 14 days) | Now playing: DOS Lemmings & Oh No! More Lemmings

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
I've been watching some of the LP, gotta say I love the soundtrack. I need to try out SuperLemmini.

Thanks for your comment on the music, much appreciated! :lemcat:

SL is a great way to enjoy Lemmings; it needs work, but it's definitely one of the best.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Here's an alternate version of Taxing 12 Walk The Web Rope.

I'm generally not happy with the first version, so I decided to make this one. You're welcome to have whichever you prefer in your copy of the pack, so this isn't an update as such (although if any updates are made to this pack, this one will replace the existing one).

N.B. This is the version that will be appearing in the NeoLemmix port of this pack.

To install, copy the .ini file to levels/Lemmings, But With Lemminas! and choose replace. The .rpl file is a replay of the level.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 10:28:32 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Update

Changelog:

:lemming: The comma has been removed from the title
:lemming: unlockAllLevels = true has been removed from levelpack.ini

Pending investigation of this bug, the pack will no longer be issued with all levels unlocked, and the comma has been removed from the title in case it makes any difference to saving/loading of player records - at this point, I'm not sure whether it does make any difference, but the change has been made anyway.

If you have Lemmings But With Lemminas already, please replace the levelpack.ini with the one attached here. Place it into levels > Lemmings But With Lemminas and choose "Replace" when prompted.

Alternatively, you can re-download the pack if you don't feel comfortable messing around with the files.

Whatever you do, it is strongly recommended that you do not play with pack with all levels unlocked or your completion progress and records may not be displayed correctly. Instead, play through it in the usual way by unlocking a level at a time until the above bug has been investigated and fixed. Thank you, and enjoy saving the Lemminas
:lemcat:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 11:07:46 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
This pack is currently under review and has been temporarily removed. It will be re-issued soon in an improved version!

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
The new version is ready for playtesting in SuperLemmini(Too)! Any volunteers?

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [SuperLemmini] Lemmings But With Lemminas! (72 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium]
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2022, 01:05:03 AM »

Offline LanaAndCo

• V2.0 Update : Online reactivation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2022, 02:51:39 PM »
I could try, I have some free time this weekend.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2022, 09:57:05 PM »
Thanks, Lana :thumbsup: I've sent you a PM with the pack ready for testing. There's no rush, so have a look at it whenever you can and take your time.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Due to lack of interest, this project has been cancelled.

A new version of this pack will be available soon (by the end of August 2023) for SuperLemmix.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 11:36:24 PM by WillLem »