Author Topic: [BUG][PLAYER] Test mode opens NL window in incorrect place  (Read 1289 times)

Online Proxima

• View Profile
[BUG][PLAYER] Test mode opens NL window in incorrect place
« on: January 30, 2021, 08:55:20 PM »
When I use the editor's test mode, the NL window opens at varying coordinates, instead of the ones saved in the "settings" file. I'm not sure what exactly determines the coordinates it uses, but just now I had a session where I tested several levels, and the window position was different each time.

I have also observed the NL player itself opening at the wrong coordinates, but this may just be a result of the editor saving the wrong coordinates to "settings".
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 02:18:24 AM by namida »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG][PLAYER] Test mode opens NL window in incorrect place
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 02:18:51 AM »
Although the editor is required to trigger the bug, I strongly suspect the bug is in the player itself, so filing this as a player bug unless/until I find reason to do otherwise.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG][PLAYER] Test mode opens NL window in incorrect place
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 07:11:35 PM »
I'm not able to reproduce this. I can confirm one behavior that may seem buggy - if you're in a testplay session, and move the window, this movement will not be remembered next time you open NL. But it should simply go back to the position the window was at last time NL was run normally (ie: not in testplay mode), it shouldn't vary each time. This itself is simply due to that NL does not save settings when in testplay mode, which includes the window position.

Does there seem to be any pattern to it? (eg. is it moving by a certain amount each time, or is it the same position the first time after each "normal" session, etc?)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)