Author Topic: [DISC][PLAYER] Slider physics - any more changes needed?  (Read 1459 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
[DISC][PLAYER] Slider physics - any more changes needed?
« on: January 20, 2021, 10:44:14 PM »
Aside from bugs that have their own topics - is there anything that anyone feels still needs to change regarding Slider physics?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Re: [DISC][PLAYER] Slider physics - any more changes needed?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 08:43:24 PM »
Nope - as long as the transition from Slider to Shimmier at the edge of a Builder staircase (and other slopes of regular terrain) becomes possible again (and I think this is one of the bugs still pending at the moment?), I don't see any need for further changes. ;)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 09:54:20 PM »
Nope - as long as the transition from Slider to Shimmier at the edge of a Builder staircase (and other slopes of regular terrain) becomes possible again (and I think this is one of the bugs still pending at the moment?), I don't see any need for further changes. ;)

Yes, that's already fixed in the source code, I just haven't uploaded a new build with the fix.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 11:02:43 AM »
Ah, good, that kind of explains what I wanted to ask you about anyway: Namely, what it means whenever you post that something has been fixed in commit xxxxx.
I've always been wondering "Wait, can I just update my current player/editor now to download the latest update of the source coude?" :D But now it's clear.

This Slider bug has been the reason why I haven't uploaded my V6 fixes to my new-skills levels, though, because this bug is responsible for some of the solutions breaking.
So I'll wait with uploading those levels until the fixed build is available. ;)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 11:13:40 PM »
Have you tried out V6 nonetheless? And if so, how do you feel about the physics re: small gaps in walls / between walls and floors?
My Lemmings projects

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2021, 03:10:24 AM »
Sliders being able to drop into the gaps seems like particularly useful behaviour, and it makes sense due to Slider impetus; I'm all for it :thumbsup:

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2021, 09:09:39 AM »
Yes, I have tried out V6 as I was updating my levels for it, but none of my levels so far happen to contain such a small gap where this particular new behaviour would have become relevant. ;)
My packs so far: