Author Topic: [DISC][PLAYER] Laserer range / etc  (Read 7678 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Re: [DISC][PLAYER] Laserer range / etc
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2021, 09:32:00 AM »
The Laserer is fine as it is by me, and should definitely make it into NL! :thumbsup: No need for changes physics-wise!

We can discuss the graphics / sprites at a later point, I guess. ;) The current one gets the job done, the beam is just a little "thin" in my view for the width of the tunnel it creates. Maybe we can use a diagonally-tilted version of the L2 animation eventually.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Online Proxima

• View Profile
Re: [DISC][PLAYER] Laserer range / etc
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2021, 05:24:21 PM »
If anything, an idea might be to only allow the new laser to travel as far as the distance remaining on the first Laserer's laser. That way, both clones would finish lasering at the same time

Laserers don't have a "distance remaining" in the first place. And they time they take to laser depends on how much terrain is in their path, so a laserer and his clone may finish at different times even if cloned on the very first frame.

I think the current cloner behaviour is fine and is the most consistent solution possible.

Finally, is there anyone at this stage who would be opposed to the Laserer making it into NL?

I still dislike the laserer, but no more than I dislike other skills such as the glider and swimmer. It's okay. If other people like it and want to use it in puzzles, then it should stay.