Author Topic: [TO-DO LIST] My current lemmings-related projects  (Read 324 times)

Online WillLem

• #SaveTheGrenader
    • View Profile
[TO-DO LIST] My current lemmings-related projects
« on: January 06, 2021, 11:18:38 AM »
I'm making the best of the recent sudden increase in time at home by focusing completely on creative projects. Amongst these is, of course, some super-cool lemmings stuff!

Since I've been very forum-active recently, I thought I'd compile and share a list of what I'm working on at the moment (I'll edit this as I go along, and as items get completed I'll delete them from the list):

1. Lemmings, But With Lemminas! for NeoLemmix and SuperLemmini (64 levels). A remix pack of the original game but using the Lemminas sprites and music; initially, this was intended as a mini-demo for the Lemminas mod in SuperLemmini but it kept growing and some of the levels turned out to be really good, so I'll be releasing this one as a pack on both platforms and most likely filming an LP for it. Awaiting tweaks, conversion to NXLV and full set of replays. [ETA = 1 week]

2. SUPERLEMMINAS for SuperLemmini (16 levels). Lemminas, but at SUPERLEMMING SPEED! This one will be another mini-pack following the recent SUPERLEMMINGS, but featuring the Lemminas sprites, style set and music. Not yet started, but I do have some ideas. [ETA = 4 weeks]

3. Inverse Lemmings for NeoLemmix (40 levels). A remix pack which inverts the entire terrain layout of the level whilst leaving the entrance hatch and exit in (more or less) their initial positions. This one's awaiting a possible update to water physics and is a relatively low-priority pack given the scope of the rest of this list, but I'm looking forward to it not just being a figment of my imagination any more! [ETA = TBA (update-dependent)]

4. Lemminas II for NeoLemmix (50 levels). I'm waiting until the rest of the items on this list are done and dusted before diving into this one. I already have a few levels and style pieces made, and the idea is to make it 5 ranks of 10 levels. It will feature 5 new music tracks, a much more diverse style set, (possibly) new colourings for the sprites, and it will certainly feature whichever of the new skills make it into NeoLemmix 12.12. There's no rush with this pack (it may even be closer to the end of this year that it gets completed), but the ideas are building, I've been listening to a lot of electro music recently and my keyboards are beckoning... :lemcat: [ETA = 6-12 months]

5. Compose and produce a set of music tracks for others to use in their packs. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time, and I'm just beginning to take steps towards making it a reality. The aim will be to create about 10 or 15 lemmings-style music tracks that draw inspiration from the orig and ohno tunes, in order to provide the community with completely original music for creators to use in their levels. This one will likely take the longest to complete but it is definitely going to happen. Watch this space! [ETA = 6-12 months]

I also have the following LPs planned:

1. The remaining few episodes of Just The First Rank for NeoLemmix; there are still a few packs I've yet to do for this series, and I'm looking forward to getting them played.

2. Lix Editor Review for Lix; looking at how to use the in-built Lix Editor to make a basic level.

3. Lemmings, But With Lemminas for SuperLemmini; this will showcase the Lemminas mod.

4. SUPERLEMMINAS for SuperLemmini; in keeping with the trend so far, I'll LP this one Pause-free once it's finished.

5. Lemmings Reunion for NeoLemmix/SuperLemmini; for this, I'll LP one level per rank on both the NeoLemmix and SuperLemmini platforms, to see what the differences are in gameplay, etc.

6. Lemminas for NeoLemmix. This is perhaps long overdue, but I do want to LP this and talk a bit about what inspired each level's solution, and the making of the pack itself. Very self-indulgent, I know, but I just feel it's worth doing and if I have some time after doing everything else on this and various other to-do lists, it will most likely happen at some point.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 12:53:44 AM by WillLem »

Online kaywhyn

• View Profile
Re: [TO-DO LIST] My current lemmings-related projects
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 04:09:27 AM »
Wow, what a nice overview of what's to come from you, WillLem! :thumbsup: I'm definitely looking forward to them when they're ready, especially Lemminas 2.

5. Lemminas for NeoLemmix. This is perhaps long overdue, but I do want to LP this and talk a bit about what inspired each level's solution, and the making of the pack itself. Very self-indulgent, I know, but I just feel it's worth doing and if I have some time after doing everything else on this and various other to-do lists, it will most likely happen at some point.

No pressure at all WillLem, but were you still planning on giving more feedback on the Lemminas LP? When you have time and get to it, of course :P Really just following up and seeing if you still planned to do that :crylaugh:

Online WillLem

• #SaveTheGrenader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 10:56:08 AM »
were you still planning on giving more feedback on the Lemminas LP?

Absolutely! I have watched all but the Pandemonium rank so far; I'll be sure to post some comments when I do watch it (likely very soon).

I still plan on reviewing yours and Strato's Lemminas replays as well, but I'm waiting for the release of the replay manager to do that, and some possible updates to the way that records are displayed. This will hopefully make it easier for me to see whether yourself or Strato have surpassed any of the current records.

Online WillLem

• #SaveTheGrenader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 04:38:05 PM »
Added Lix Editor Review to the OP; I'll likely do this after the next First Rank episode.

Online WillLem

• #SaveTheGrenader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 09:52:24 PM »
I see in your number 6 plan, you want to have various music tracks for people to use in their packs. I've compiled many already.

I mean compose original music myself, rather than compile it from other sources (I've updated the OP to make this more clear). I just think it would be ace for the community to have some totally original tunes, made specifically for the purpose of creating custom lemmings levels.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 10:36:34 PM »
ok, I moved the post to the end of my official remakes topic for anybody who wants various lemmings music(not composed ones)

here is where I moved it to:

https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4856.msg83445#msg83445