Author Topic: [SUG][EDITOR] Customisable hotkeys  (Read 3867 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[SUG][EDITOR] Customisable hotkeys
« on: January 04, 2021, 11:12:53 PM »
It's in the title; it'd be great if all current editor hotkeys and actions could be user-defined.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUG][EDITOR] Customisable hotkeys
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 10:09:14 AM »
Unlike NL itself, it would not be easy to allow customizing the hotkeys in the editor.

But the key word is "not easy"; it isn't impossible.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 03:20:59 PM »

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 06:46:58 PM »
Speaking of hotkeys, slightly off topic: Where has the function gone to show all the initials of the skills an athlete has? It used to be ALT, but not that shows the skill shadow of the continuation of the lemming's current path instead.

Is there a way to trigger the symbols of the athletic skills displaying over the lemming's head instead? I think this only happens automatically at the start of a level briefly. I've repeatedly been in situations now where I would have liked to know which athlete can do what, and there was no way for me to find out anymore.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 06:52:56 PM »
It's available in hotkey customisation as "Show Athlete Info", but I don't know what is set to it by default as I don't use the default layout.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 06:58:17 PM »
Thanks, Proxima! That's already helpful, since now I know what to look for in the settings menu. ;)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 06:59:23 PM »
Where has the function gone to show all the initials of the skills an athlete has?

It's no longer assigned to a hotkey by default (in either layout). And to be honest - I don't know if it still needs to exist at all? - but for now it does, you just have to manually assign it to a key.

Is there a way to trigger the symbols of the athletic skills displaying over the lemming's head instead?

Mouseover the lemming in clear physics mode.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)