Author Topic: Quake  (Read 3663 times)

JM

Quake
« on: December 17, 2005, 11:26:55 AM »
Here's a poll for one of ID Software's games. It's called Quake. It's a 3D game where you enter have to defeat Shub Niggurath and walk through slipgates into Quake's world.

Anybody like Quake?

Jazzem

Re: Quake
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 11:59:24 AM »
Haven't played myself, but I'm not really a fan of first person shooters. They just don't entertain me the same way they seem to with the purists of the genre. The only one I've really enjoyed is Metroid Prime, and even then that's more of a mixture of puzzling, platforming and FPSing.

Anatol

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 06:11:56 PM »
I'm not a huge fps player either. I haven't really played one since since the original Dark Forces! :D

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 11:30:57 PM »
I've only played the first one. Very stressful with the musics. Nice old game!
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 01:02:12 AM »
My answer is yes. ;D. But only the demo.

JM

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 12:38:02 PM »
wow half of us have played the game and half of us haven't :P

Lemeri

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 03:19:31 PM »
I played the first Quake a long time ago, and I played a demo for Quake 4.

MC Marshy

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 05:19:02 PM »
If you liked Quake then buy or download the 2 mission packs by Hipnotic Interactive and Rogue Entertainment.

They are

Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon
Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity

Both better than the normal Quake. They have good sound effects and floors that you can fall through and also they have better weapons including the Mjolnir and Multi-Rocket launcher. Check out the laser cannon in Scourge of Armagon. The bullets can bounce off walls and hit enemies  :)

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 09:19:14 PM »
I have fun with Quake.  Did you know that you can put a music CD into your CD drive and the game will use it instead of the actual game CD?  I can listen to entirely random stuff, almost making it funny.

JM

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 10:58:35 PM »
Quote from: Mr. Ksoft link=1134818815/0#8 date=1141075154
I have fun with Quake.  Did you know that you can put a music CD into your CD drive and the game will use it instead of the actual game CD?  I can listen to entirely random stuff, almost making it funny.

I sure did. I stuck a cd into the drive and it started playing all the music I had on the cd. It's cool  :)

MC Marshy

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 06:36:06 PM »
You can even use the original Quake CD to play "Scourge of Armagon" although Scourge of Armagon's soundtrack is better  ;)

There's also a new Quake mission pack that's out called "Abyss of Pandemonium". It's the final mission pack. Who's got it?

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 04:09:47 AM »
I want these!!!

I'll get them whwn I'll have a credit card and cash! :P
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

0xdeadbeef

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2006, 10:27:58 PM »
Well, I must admit I considered Quake ugly and not very impressive at the time it was released ten years ago. At this time, pseudo-3D games like Duke Nukem were much prettier and more fun to play.
However, some years ago, I played the original Quake a little bit again since after the source code was released, some guys tried to rewrite the Quake engine to look a little like Doom3 (dynamic shadows, bump mapping and so on).
At the time, it was very slow and due to the pretty bad models and textures didn't really look as impressive as it could. Also, unfortunately, the project seems to be dead now. But you might still give it a try:
http://tenebrae.sourceforge.net/

lemmingzappa

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2006, 10:51:56 PM »
Im a big fan of the quake series, played Quake 1,2 & Quake III arena back in the day, now ive moved onto Quake 4 :)

MC Marshy

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006, 12:20:25 PM »
I enjoy games like Quake and stuff. Quake would be one of my favourite 3-D games.