Author Topic: Level Design Contest #22  (Read 8471 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Level Design Contest #22
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2021, 11:59:09 AM »
Entries beginning to come in. :) Keep them coming!

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2021, 07:20:42 PM »
These rules look interesting! My experience with the New Skills Challenges last year should help me with Rule #2. I've created several levels years ago that fit Rule #1.

As for Rule #3, I think I'll upload Crane's LSC #6 level found in my signature and make this my own submission. :P (Only kidding, but this is just an example level that fits this rule)
Seriously, I would love to submit "Last Lemming Standing" - it even fit a previous contest where you were only allowed a single regular lemming.  But the level has been out for a while.  It's a shame because I think it's inspired a theme of having a lone lemming rescue a group of neutrals from zombies.

EDIT: Presumably changing one of the pre-placed lemming's skills to Floater rather than Glider doesn't count as a brand new level!

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2021, 03:58:59 PM »
The first versions of my entries are ready now. Be sure to get yours in soon as well! ;P

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2021, 02:12:23 PM »
Only a week remaining and I noticed a unclear thing in R1 about the vertical limitation rule ("No vertical scrolling allowed!"):

- Vertical scrolling is entirely dependent on the zoom factor and my main goal with the section is just to prevent clear vertical levels that were not present back then.

- I've set a rough maximum at 180 px in height. I really don't care much if your level needs like 8 pixels more in height like the old 160 px limit. I just don't want to have very vertical levels in there that are clearly not in the spirit of the old levels. :)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2021, 08:39:38 AM »
I haven't got any other level truly ready for the contest, mainly due to lack of ideas.  I am wondering though if I may submit "Last Lemming Standing" again, but with a couple of small changes that does affect how the level is played a little bit.  That and I would love to introduce it to a wider audience.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2021, 04:11:52 PM »
I haven't got any other level truly ready for the contest, mainly due to lack of ideas.  I am wondering though if I may submit "Last Lemming Standing" again, but with a couple of small changes that does affect how the level is played a little bit.  That and I would love to introduce it to a wider audience.

Sorry, but unless the rule specifically states "Make another version of an already existing level", I don't really think just updating and changing up already existing levels is in the spirit of the contest.

You can still enter a freshly made level though after the playing phase has already started. :)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2021, 10:37:19 PM »
Now that the submission phase end date is today, awaiting to see the levels people made, expecially Rule 1, as this brings back Nostalga to the levels. I was even trying to make my NL Rule 1 submission in Superlemmini but I had a hard time trying to replicate the solution in SL.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 11:41:57 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2021, 01:36:06 AM »
All I have is the nostalgic level.  I have no more ideas, whether with solutions or landscapes.  I think I'm done creating for the foreseeable future - i'm sorry.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2021, 02:34:39 AM »
Maybe when we get the new skills you will have some new ideas.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2021, 03:23:05 AM »
Frankly I'm just overwhelmed with the new skills and can't think how to use them, and I don't know how to NOT use some of the old mechanics at all.  All I had for Rule 3 was a new version of "Last Lemming Standing", but that's not allowed.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2021, 08:55:18 AM »
These rules look interesting! My experience with the New Skills Challenges last year should help me with Rule #2. I've created several levels years ago that fit Rule #1.
Frankly I'm just overwhelmed with the new skills and can't think how to use them, and I don't know how to NOT use some of the old mechanics at all.

^ Same with me. In case anybody's wondering if I'm going to submit levels, then sorry but I've got nothing left in me. After creating the PS3 pack in 2016, designing levels has been something of a tedium for me.

I'm quite impressed with the number of entries though. :thumbsup: This should be one hot contest.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2021, 10:00:02 AM »
Unless there are other entries that haven't been added to the OP yet, I just finished and PMed my third contest entry, and so this would bring the total to an even 30 ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0