Author Topic: Lemmings Forums Level Contest #21 - Results  (Read 3217 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Lemmings Forums Level Contest #21 - Results
« on: December 02, 2020, 02:04:47 PM »
Ladies and gentleman, we've got our final results! :)

Well, how to make this a bit less awkward? I think I will just post this picture. ;P

The winning level is:

"Temple Of Escher"

Congratulation to Armani's 2 levels that tied on the 2nd place as well! :thumbsup:

"NeoLemtris"
"Marina Bay Sands"

You came in 2nd place last time and third before that, so I hope the trend continues and will will make it all the way next time! ;P

Choice for the prize for the first place is either:

- a month's advertising on the forum's news ticker
- picking the next contest's rules
- US $5.00 (PayPal would be the easiest here I think).

So I will be thinking about some nice rules for the next contest. ;)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 08:18:19 PM by IchoTolot »

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Forums Level Contest #21 - Results
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 02:27:24 PM »
Well done Icho :D I look forward to participating in the next one

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 02:45:19 PM »
Congratulations Icho! Also to Armani.:thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to the next contest.
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 03:08:27 PM »
Congratulations Icho for your 1st place win! Also congrats to Armani for being runner-up for both second and third place in this contest. Also I said it before, and I'll say it again: A job well done to all of the contest entrants. These contest entries were all so good! :thumbsup:

As a first time participant as a contest level solver AND the voting process, I got to say that I immensely enjoyed both very much. Now I just need to do the actual level designing for a contest. I initially thought about participating in this one near the end of my United solving journey, but I ultimately decided that I will do the next one. Of course, I think it will largely depend on whether I'm able to work with the next set of rules that have been picked, but I'm hopeful and almost certain than not that Level Design Contest #22 will be the one, my first contest that I will participate in as a level designer.

Truthfully, it was quite difficult for me to vote, as all these contest entries were so good. I voted in every round except for one where I missed the voting deadline. Let me make it clear that I'm a firm believer of every vote counts, hence of course why I voted in this year's U.S presidential election (I've voted in every presidential election ever since I became eligible to vote back in 2007, although 2008 was the presidential election year and therefore my first one). As it would turn out, the levels that made it to the next round in the one I missed voting for would not had been affected, since they were the clear winners of the round. I had some success in picking out levels that would end up advancing each round.

But yes, I'm quite confident that Armani will eventually win a contest. Just to put it out there, I essentially voted for Armani's levels every round. I was quite confident that one of his levels would be the eventual winner. He was quite close, though, as the final vote count indicates. Oh also, I eventually figured out his R3 level during the very first round of voting ;) The only level that I still haven't figured out is Niesch's R1. All other levels I have solved prior to the playing phase ending. I'll get it one of these days, though.

Anyway, looking forward to the next one and hopefully participating in my very first one ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Online WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 03:47:54 PM »
Congratulations, Icho! I look forward to seeing what your rules are for the next contest ;P

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 04:19:45 PM »
yes. Congrats to Icho for winning the contest. He always makes awesome levels. Yes Armani will eventually win the contest too I believe. I voted every round too and I voted for his Neolemmtris one
I'm also looking forward to the next one to see the rules Icho uses.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 08:08:35 PM by ericderkovits »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 08:10:23 PM »
Looking back at the vote count, I do believe I could had made Armani be a co-winner for first place. If I'm not mistaken, I think I was the last person to vote and if so, had I voted for his R1 it would had been a tie for first place. Oops. :-[ I'm all for consistency, meaning I would vote for the same levels every time. However, I was inconsistent this time. In the round prior to the finals, I had voted for Armani's R1 and Icho's R1. But, for the final round, I instead voted for Armani's R3. Truthfully, it was extremely difficult for me to vote between either of Armani's levels, as they're both so very good. I guess I ultimately went with the R3 one due to an extremely well-hidden solution, since I had managed to backroute it so many times and the final version managed to stump me good for a very long time until I was finally able to figure it out during the first round of voting. At the same time, I prefer his R1 for both the design and the music.

I also know who made the 3-way final possible, but I'll leave it to the forum member to disclose who it was if he wants to.

I voted for his Neolemmix one

Umm, they were all for NL. Unless you mean here that you voted for the R1 level, but as written it is unclear. Also, you can learn to appreciate solutions better by attempting to solve the contest entries. Here, I'm still seeing the one-sided mindedness, as we should keep an open mind and keep in mind that the Youtube solution isn't the only solution to a level. Remember, do not be afraid to find other solutions, especially since there's usually the possibility of multiple solutions. That's why I love seeing solutions from various people. You're certainly showing you're more than capable of level solving by how you managed to find a lot of alternative solutions/backroutes in LOA.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2020, 02:33:43 AM »
Congrats Icho! I was happy to be in the contest myself, it was fun playing other levels and the anticipation of you made it to the next round or not in the voting process. I’m definitely going to enter into contests in the future and honestly I’m surprised I made it past round one in voting!

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2020, 06:45:43 AM »
Congratulation Ichotolot! :thumbsup:
And also congratulation to myself :D

I had really fun designing levels, playing other people's levels and also watching replays of others. :thumbsup:
And it is good to see that the forum is really active these days and more and more people are making and playing custom stuffs.
Next year will be the 30th anniversary of lemmings and so many people still love the game!

:lem4ever:
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2020, 07:41:45 PM »
A bit late to the party but a big congratulations to IchoTolot for a well-deserved win :thumbsup:

Also congratulations to Armani for two well-deserved runner ups as well :)