Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Open Air [Difficulty: Medium - Hard]  (Read 36121 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Open Air [Difficulty: Medium - Hard]
« Reply #165 on: March 22, 2021, 06:12:13 PM »
Wow, you really must enjoy this pack a lot if you go to such lengths! :lem-mindblown:

I remember somebody making that effort for Paralems, where many of the tracks referred to copyrighted film music or similar. But for every single one of 120 levels, that's an entirely different dimension of dedication.

PS: "Let the bodies hit the floor" (Heavy 13) has been updated a while ago. Maybe you just don't have the latest version of the pack. ;) The Zombies swimming out at the bottom edge of the level should no longer be a thing, I've added a steel piece there. I just checked whether my latest version of the level is also the one included in the ZIP download, and yes, it is (last modified on 8th February 2021).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 08:12:55 PM by Strato Incendus »
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2021, 02:47:41 AM »
Ok, I didn't realise there was an update. Downloaded the new pack. Thanks Strato for mentioning there was an update as I didn't have it.

Also It looks like 4 levels were updated.
None of the updated levels broke my replays, except now because of Heavy 13(Let the bodies hit the floor) was updated the 1 top platformer got infected but that's ok, as instead
of 1 over the requirement now I just met the requirement which was the same before the swimmer change.

updated levels

Loud 21 (I believe I can fly) appears to have a small diagonal gap now just below the hatch on the floor. My replay still the same and doesn't break.
             I notice though it breaks David's solution(He must have backrouted it)

Loud 26 (Euphoria) appears now to have 4 steel block added. Again doesn't break my replay. It does break David's again(must be a backroute fix)

Heavy 13 (Let the bodies hit the floor). Added steel to prevent zombies exiting water left of bottom tranporter(due to new swimmer change-mentioned by Strato as a fix)
               As stated above I just saved the met requirement instead of 1 over due to a zombie infecting the top platformer.
               And yes I let the Bodies hit the floor in my solution

Hardcore 11 (Charred Remains) The only difference I can see is a small piece of terrain on bottom of steel blocks right of of rightmost hatch. I think Strato said this level needed
                   fixing for the Intended solution due to the new swimmer change.

Note: also updated the 4 levels in my Mega storage for the actual music ones. Same Link above will work with the 4 changed updated levels for the actual music ones.

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2021, 10:14:24 AM »
I hadn't written it at the top of that post, but I did mention the update in my post from early February:

Quote from: Strato Incendus
"Let the bodies hit the floor" has received a small steel piece to prevent the zombies from swimming out, as suggested.

The updated version is attached to the starting post. Please keep reporting any issues you find! ;) My mass replay check didn't show any further breakages for my replays, but yours might.
(No new backroute fixes yet, right now I just wanted to ensure as quickly as possible that the pack remains fully playable with the newest version.)

Yes, all the changes to the four levels you mentioned are part of the latest update. ;)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 25, 2021, 10:38:46 AM »
Since I just wrote this on YouTube, I'm also adding it here:

ericderkovits's modified version of Lemmings Open Air, including the versions of the levels, the music tracks they're referencing, and the MP3 files themselves that ericderkovits shared along with his version of the pack, are not something I officially endorse. I just want to make it absolutely clear that I am not responsible for any copyright violations related to the music tracks ericderkovits shared here for use in his version, nor for any backroutes that might still be present in those levels.

I will only keep updating the official pack, whenever backroute fixes, physics changes etc. require it. The level titles themselves being named after songs is not meant as an incentive to use the actual songs those levels are named after as background music, even though you're of course free to do so while playing the pack privately if you own those tracks. However, this is definitely not meant as an incentive to download any of these songs somewhere illegally.

The intended music for Lemmings Open Air consists only of the tracks I uploaded in my music pack for it (see the opening post of this thread), which are all entirely self-recorded by me.

The compositions of those tracks are either public domain (like Alla Turca, Forest Green etc.) or belong to DMA / Psygnosis.
For those tracks where the latter is the case, I'm not using any potentially copyrighted compositions for Lemmings Open Air or Lemmings World Tour that the NeoLemmix player itself doesn't already use by default.

EDIT: On my request, eric has removed the links to his version of the pack (and the matching music tracks) from his post (thanks! ;) ).
He's free to share them via private message with anyone interested in playing the pack privately with the different tunes.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 10:05:48 PM by Strato Incendus »
My packs so far:

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2021, 05:27:46 PM »
ok, I've just watched Icho's solutions to LOTY 2020 of the 4 levels from this pack; for the levels Loud 29(You keep me hangin' on) and
Hardcore 28 (The puzzle), his solutions don't seem intended.  And his solution to Loud 29,  I don't think it is quite the intended one.

For Loud 29

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For Hardcore 28

here is the suggested fixed .nxlv for Loud29.

and included the intended solution to show it works for the adjusted level.
also included Icho's attempted solution for the adjusted level showing the non-glider shimmier will splat.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 08:58:32 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2021, 11:08:31 AM »
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I've found IchoTolot's YouTube video for my LOTY-nominated levels and will watch his solutions there first, so I can also hear his comments on them.
My packs so far:

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 28, 2021, 04:13:32 PM »
Wow, I can't believe it's now officially been a year since this pack's release! All this time has sure gone by really quickly. And to think that I had the honor of being one of your pre-testers of this pack from around this time last year :lem-mindblown: It definitely was the right move, especially since this latest pack of yours is of far higher quality than all your previously released packs thus far :thumbsup: Not that LWT wasn't, as it's not that far behind, but then again I am a music person, and these two happen to be musically themed packs :laugh:

Anyway, I do have two replays that I've been meaning to post but for some reason I haven't yet :P They are for Loud 20 and Hardcore 25. The former is one of those seemingly unfixable levels due to backroutes, but this replay is more to show that this latest version of the level is possible to complete without a bomber, as I remember going through the thread and reading that long before this version that no bomber solutions were possible. For the latter, it's likely a backroute, particularly since I don't collect all the pickups. I guess despite that, it does go to show that it is possible to save 71, which I suspect is the maximum possible for the level, but only via a backroute, showing that it's apparently faster this way. Just barely though.

I definitely look forward to your future level packs, especially with the two currently in development, once you do return to working on them at some point. Not sure if we're long overdue for a status update on them? Of course, no hurry! :thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 01, 2021, 01:38:58 PM »
Yes, this pack has received quite a lot of attention in just the single year it's been out. I guess my "marketing in advance" with the regular development updates did its part. 8-)

At the same time, that has also been the reason why I haven't been faster with level creation on the other two packs currently in the works (Lemmings: Hall of Fame and Lemmings, Drugs, & Rock 'n Roll). I myself had forgotten that it's only been a year since LOA came out - it feels like it has been out for ages. But given that it was in the making for two years, that means it still hasn't been out as long as it took me to make it. Maybe your "revival" of this thread for the one-year anniversary will draw some new players to it now - as your level-solving commentary probably did, too. :thumbsup:

Maybe I should focus on getting Pit Lems Remastered done first, since all those levels already exist. I also already converted them ages ago - I just need to bring them into a proper order and make sure all the solutions still work, after all the physics changes we've had in New Formats in the meantime. But making Pit Lems available for New Formats (replacing the radiation and slowfreeze levels with some select stuff from Paralems and Lemmicks) would give people something "new" to play in the meantime - at least new for anyone who has only ever known New Formats - without me having to make a bunch of brand-new levels first.

On your two solutions:
My packs so far:

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 17, 2024, 01:38:36 PM »
It's been a while since I played Lemmings World Tour, the largest pack of levels which can be found here in the forums. I started playing this monster of a pack on April 17th in 2021 and finished it almost exactly five months later on September 18th. The pack had outstanding visuals and a relatively flat learning-curve - apart from a very harsh first rank which was meant to be a tutorial-rank, but went a bit over the top. I feel it's time to dedicate myself Strato's second pack which is much shorter, but lays emphasis -  at least that's what I have read - more on the puzzle aspect of the game. I will note down my progress here, that's what I do since several packs now - it's easier for me than writing a huge conclusion in the end when it's hard for me to remember the solution of every single level.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 10:37:20 PM by Swerdis »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2024, 06:08:30 PM »
As mentioned, I'll definitely be watching, as I was one of the pre-testers :thumbsup: I know Strato will be too when he gets the opportunity and is able to. This will probably give him good reason to check my Lemmings: Hall of Fame replays for the final two ranks, as the plan is for me to do a few more rounds of resolving before he releases the pack sometime later in the year. It's nearly been half a year since I PMed my solutions to him, but that's because he's currently in the middle of moving house, which unfortunately means no time to check my solutions for backroutes and hence explains why there hasn't been an update for a while. He should almost be done with the housing stuff, but I've already told him no rush and just whenever he is ready to send me a new version ;)

Anyway, I will be watching your solutions and of course reading your feedback! :thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 20, 2024, 07:23:31 PM »
This will probably give him good reason to check my Lemmings: Hall of Fame replays for the final two ranks, as the plan is for me to do a few more rounds of resolving before he releases the pack sometime later in the year.

I just thought of that today on my way home, hoping the Easter break will finally give me the time to. ;)

Me thinking of this as Swerdis started playing Lemmings Open Air is just coincidence, though.
My packs so far: