Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Open Air [Difficulty: Medium - Hard]  (Read 36099 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Open Air [Difficulty: Medium - Hard]
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2020, 01:24:17 AM »
Even I thought the Hardcore rank wasn't all that very hard, except for Hardcore 11 that you showcased for the rank in the OP

"Symphony of destruction" is now Hardcore 20; it only used to be Hardcore 11 when you first tested it, but as you might remember, it has swapped positions with "Charred remains" :P .
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2020, 01:54:25 AM »
"Symphony of destruction" is now Hardcore 20; it only used to be Hardcore 11 when you first tested it, but as you might remember, it has swapped positions with "Charred remains" :P .

I definitely remember reading the level swapped positions. Guess I kind of have forgotten and didn't fully think about the possibility that it did indeed switch positions with another level before posting :XD: Especially since it happened several versions ago during pre-testing :P There haven't been that many levels changing positions anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2020, 07:17:22 AM »
ok, I finished the Loud rank. Here are my replays for Loud 21-30. In this rank I think level 2 and 15 were the most difficult for me. Still these last 10 levels were pretty tricky though.

And I did get the Talisman for level 22. So the only Talisman I still don't have in This rank is level 1

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2020, 10:37:55 AM »
...and here's the next update, since two more fixes were in order as a result of your replays ;) !

Changelog (click to show/hide)

My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2020, 09:07:12 AM »
ok, I resolved levels loud 21 and 29.

These 2 levels were hard. But loud 21 was very hard to execute.

Yeah your right Loud 29 is a special one. I loved this solution.

Offline David

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2020, 10:21:56 AM »
Thank you for these comments/feedbacks Strato Incendus. So, I remade Soft 11 and Soft 26 (see replays). ;P
And I got to Loud 20, but I'm missing a talisman (Loud 1). I'm totally stuck at Loud 21. :lem-shocked:

For Loud 15, I imagine there is an easier solution... as I found this level particularly hard ! :forehead:

Otherwise, I really liked all of the levels :thumbsup: but... Loud 5's solution is a bit "wacky", anyway !

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2020, 06:37:30 PM »
Responses to David (click to show/hide)
My packs so far:

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2020, 06:47:28 PM »
The next update is here with three level fixes:

Changelog (click to show/hide)
My packs so far:

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2020, 10:18:48 AM »
ok, here are my replays of the first 10 levels of Heavy.

Some of these were tricky but nothing super hard. Also got the Talisman for level 3

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2020, 02:06:32 PM »

Also, a note to everyone:
You can use the style manager within the NeoLemmix player to update the Autumn tileset. I've added a secondary animation to the one-use leaf trap.

In particular, I just took namida's secondary animation from his Tree tileset, since the trap of that tileset is what the one-use leaf trap is based on, and recoloured it from green to orange to match the autumn colours. Thus, credit goes to namida for creating the original version! ;)

I've sent the updated version to Nessy and he told me that going via the styles manager should work now, but in case it doesn't work for anyone of you, please don't hesitate to report that ;) .
My packs so far:

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2020, 09:13:17 PM »
ok here is the next 10 replays of heavy.

17, 19 and 20 were very difficult. Level 20 was extremely hard to get that 2nd stoner placed precisely with the swimmer climber basher. rest of level was easy. Took several trys.

level 17 was hard because of the bomber must be placed so lemmings not only go left but also don't go right(due to tiny slit in terrain near hatch)
level 19 was hard to get the 3 stackers and 1 stoner placed properly (right set of flamethrowers) so jumpers can land on them precisely. (I managed to get the Talisman for 19)

Got Talismans for 11, 18, and 19.

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2020, 10:09:48 PM »
Great job, ericderkovits! :thumbsup: I'm happy to hear those were some tough nuts to crack, even if you've found slightly more skill-efficient solutions on some of those levels so that the replays look easier than those solutions actually were to find out first, according to your description.

The only level I felt needed a tiny fix was Heavy 12, Burning the witches (the update has been uploaded already). This is the first time I actually removed some steel again from a level - because guess what, steel can also be exploited for certain things compared to if it wasn't there. However, the main backroute that was present here for ages is fortunately gone, so your solution was already infinitely better than anything that came before! :thumbsup: I could have accepted it as a slightly easier alternative solution, but in this case, I saw an easy way to fix the level, so I went ahead and did it.

I must say I don't quite remember though what this steel that I have removed now was there for originally... maybe it was just another attempt to break that persistent backroute that I ended up breaking some other way eventually. But maybe, it also served a different purpose... I hope I haven't opened up another shortcut by removing it (and replacing it with the regular 7-pixel-wide brick blocks from the Fire tileset so that my own replay wouldn't be negatively affected :P ). If it does more harm than good, literally taking this level out of the frying pan and into the fire, then the steel might be re-added again and I would accept your current solution instead.

My packs so far:

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2020, 11:27:31 PM »
ok, how about this for heavy 12. I used the platformer at start (instead of builder), so I can use the builder to turn around  pioneer

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2020, 09:14:11 AM »
That's better...

Heavy 12 (click to show/hide)

However, I've gone so far to enforce the intended solution here that I might just as well go all the way. Bring out the pickup skills (as you know, that's the last resort)! ;)

(I didn't make the Builder a pickup skill, though, only the Basher, but I'm pretty sure this should suffice).

The update has already been uploaded.
My packs so far:

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2020, 09:38:47 AM »
ok, here is my new replay again for heavy 12, now that you added the basher pickups, since my 2nd replay broke.
 Now I used all the skills.