Author Topic: [BUG][PLAYER] Slider - Incorrect behaviour when sliding into water as a Swimmer.  (Read 1019 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Quote from: Strato Incendus
- When a Slider slides into the water pool and is also a Swimmer, he immediately hops out of the water again, because sliding causes him to face the shoreline. :thumbsup:

If anyone has ideas for experimental levels where this is a problem, I will work on a fix now. Unless / until an affected level is put forward, this is a "will fix if/when skill makes the cut" matter.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 09:44:44 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Made a quick test level and I can vouch for this. What should be a very straightforward level becomes a puzzle purely because of Slider>Swimmer physics. To be fair, this isn't necessarily a problem.

The first pool has a high wall, so the Slider doesn't jump out, but instead turns against the wall and carries on swimming. The 2nd and 3rd pools, not so much.

Also - not sure if this is a bug: the drop into the 2nd pool was originally lined up to be pixel-perfect, but the lem landed directly onto the steel block rather than in the water, suggesting that the Slider falls 1px forward from the bottom edge of the wall. Again - not sure if this is a bug, but it wasn't what I was expecting. I had to move the pool structure to the left by 1px so that the lem would drop into the water.

The Slider is a great skill, and is definitely worth ironing these kinks out so that we can keep it!

EDIT: The previously attached version of this level was impossible in order to illustrate the point. This new version, with 2 Jumpers, now makes it solvable.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Okay, I see the issue, and this is a definite bug. It works correctly if a slider enters water, but the bug happens if a dehoister enters water. This should be easy enough to fix.

EDIT: On further examination, this is incorrect. The cause of the bug is actually related to whether or not the distance from the top of the wall (or where the slider clings on to it, in the case of a Jumper->Slider transition) to the water is even or odd - odd distances work, even distances do not.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 02:59:42 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Fixed in commit 435f3f9.
My Lemmings projects