Poll

Help Me Decide the Next Two Level Packs to LP. Whose Packs Shall I Give Some Loving To First?

Lemmings in Weirdyland (2023 edition) by weirdybeardy
2 (22.2%)
Quest from Kieran by kieranmillar
3 (33.3%)
Mikes Lemmings Version 2 (Rigel rank only) by Turrican
2 (22.2%)
Unusual Lemmings by Duuddu
1 (11.1%)
Festival Millas 2020 by Gigalem
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: kaywhyn's List of Completed LPs of Lemmings Packs and Upcoming Packs to LP  (Read 31515 times)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
I'm curious what you make of my new (small) pack. Knowing your Lemmings playing skills I think you'll breeze through it in a couple of hours. :crylaugh:
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the kind words, Niesch! Since your Yippee, More Lemmings pack managed to give even me problems, I'm not so sure that I can get through Long Live Lemmings in a few hours :laugh: However, you have my word that I will indeed LP this pack of yours. I have added your pack to the list of upcoming packs, as well as credit you and Armani for the suggestion of this pack for me to LP :) This will either be the next one, or the one I had in mind. If I go with the one I have in mind first, then your pack will likely follow after that one ;) Of course, I'll provide you the link to the LP once I have started it
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
Cool. I think overall LLL! is a bit easier than Y!ML, but I may be wrong.
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Ski Sloping Lemmings is complete, so the link to the LP has been added to the OP. Honestly, I felt this was the worst decision ever, as I constantly got frustrated and felt nearly on the verge of a breakdown due to how I wasn't too impressed by the pack. Luckily, it did get better as I got into the Orange Slope rank, but for the most part I kept feeling very stressed out and was anxiously wanting to complete the LP ASAP so that I can get to other level packs that I wanted to LP. However, I've always been one to finish what I start, as I consider it unacceptable to leave things unfinished on the table. I did even think to abandon the LP after my full blown-out rage in one of the videos, but it turns out that I have absolutely no excuse for why I did that, as I was simply a complete dummy on the level that stumped me. Let's just say that I don't exactly recommend this pack be on anyone's "definitely play" list, and that by being the very first person to solve all of it, I simply spare anyone the agony of playing through it :laugh: You're welcome, everyone :P I've repeated this in the level pack topic as well.

Anyway, the OP has been updated with a link to the LP. Now to decide on my next LP, although I think I already know what I'll be doing.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
Hey, you have my full respect :-) I at least made it to the orange slope rank, but then I gave up. Which does not mean that I'd never dare a comeback. You'll never know....

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: kaywhyn's List of Completed LPs of Lemmings Packs and Upcoming Packs to LP
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2021, 05:14:23 AM »
The LP of Integral Lemmings is complete, and I have added the link to the LP in the OP. It is on my list of all-time favorite level packs, it's really well-done despite being tan x's first level pack. Definitely makes me wonder if he always have known about these tricks with the Neolemmix exclusive skills or if he simply discovered them through his own playtesting of the levels. I could be wrong, but I don't think Icho's NL Introduction pack had been made yet, so that makes me think tan x simply discovered them.

Hey, you have my full respect :-) I at least made it to the orange slope rank, but then I gave up. Which does not mean that I'd never dare a comeback. You'll never know....

Thanks for the kind words, Swerdis. I'm confident you'll be able to come back and finish the pack up if you ever did so ;)

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2021, 07:17:50 PM »
Now another LP of a Lemmings level pack complete: Niesch's second pack Long Live Lemmings! The link to the LP has been added to the OP. Many thanks to both Armani and Niesch for recommending me this pack to LP, especially Armani, who pre-tested the pack. Very nice short level pack with some levels featuring the slider. Other than maybe both Taxing 6 and Bonus 4, which I say are the hardest levels in the entire pack (though for the latter only due to the very strict time limit but without is otherwise a very easy level for the final level of the pack), the slider levels themselves weren't too bad, although I'm still trying to get used to the mechanics of the skill, particularly their infamous nature of always turning around on every drop when you don't want them to! Even then, there were still some really good slider puzzles in this pack! At least when I used them, as there were some levels that I managed to solve without using sliders even though they're provided. In the meantime, an update has been released for the pack patching up some of the backroutes I found. I likely won't be resolving the levels for a while, as I generally don't go back to resolve updated levels once I finish a level pack.

Anyway, thanks again Niesch for this pack. In some ways easier than his first pack Yippee! More Lemmings, as I didn't struggle as much with the former than with the latter, but it still wasn't a quick solve despite having 6 more levels than his first pack. So, another instance of it may be a short pack, but don't expect it to be a fast solve! Niesch also has the uncanny ability to make challenging levels, if his contest levels are any indication. I believe all of them are in the pack, and one of them was one that I couldn't solve for at least 5 months after the voting for the contest closed! Fortunately, I was able to solve it several months ago earlier this year, and hence when I got to it in the pack it was a super quick solve.

Other than some of the puzzles being great, also really good on the aesthetics and visuals! I can definitely recommend LLL!, so give it a try if you haven't yet! I've definitely learned some neat slider tricks here. Perhaps I'll learn some more once I start playing Armani's pack, as well as with the laserer, as there weren't any in LLL! levels featuring it.

I should start another LP of a level pack in a few days or so. I think I have the next few decided already ;)

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2021, 06:46:02 PM »
Added the LP link of MegSEGAbytes to the OP, as I completed this level pack. I absolutely enjoyed this sequel collab pack of Flopsy's and Wafflem's very much! :) Thank you for this wonderful pack, gentlemen. And of course Lucia for her contributions here and there for some levels. It was a very long overdue LP, as I had promised Flopsy a very long time ago that I would play this pack. I think it was sometime while I was still LPing SEB Lems. Also, I want to thank Flopsy for adding me to the credits in the GGF topic. I didn't play any part in helping with the MSB's release, but I apparently had made his GGF's release even more special by LPing it during the week leading up to it. Aww :thumbsup:

Anyway, I look forward to playing through GGF probably in a few months or so as well. In the meantime, there are some other level packs that I have lined up and will be keeping me busy.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2021, 01:42:29 AM »
Added the LP link to WillLem's Inverse Lemmings to the OP. I like the pack concept here, where it's select levels from the OL and rotated 180 degrees so that everything is inverted, upside-down, as well as from back to front. I expected this pack to be quite challenging based on the description in the release topic, but it turns out that the pack was just too easy, as indicated how I finished the pack in just 3 videos. Then again, there aren't any new levels in this pack, they're simply ones from the OL and just turned upside down. Therefore, they're all familiar to me.

In any case, it's still a decent pack, and I still recommend giving it a go, if just for the interesting twist on some levels from the OL. If you even wanted to, an entire pack on all 120 of the levels can be done. This pack being a breather was quite a welcome sight, especially since I've played nothing but mostly hard levels for the last several months. So, thank you for the pack, WillLem ;)

And now, another break from LPing for a few days before I start my next one, Armani's pack. I might regret LPing it later, but I shall see how far I can get in the LP before the pack gets to be too much for me :crylaugh: Still, bring it on! :thumbsup:

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2021, 05:14:36 AM »
Added the LP link of Armani's Lemmings Uncharted to the OP, as I just recently completed the LP of the pack. Near the end, I saw that I was close to the 1 month mark since the time I started the LP (September 24, 2021), and so I made it my goal to finish the entire LP by yesterday, October 24, 2021. Luckily, I achieved this goal, so I'm satisfied for meeting a personal deadline I set for myself. The LP ended up being 66 videos long, almost as long as my LP of SEB Lems, at 75 (technically 76, since one of the recordings is missing but I didn't have OBS open :forehead:)

It was a very long and difficult struggle, especially once I got into the 3rd rank and beyond, but I managed to emerge from the other side in the end. This was a pack that I thought I was going to regret LPing, as I signed up for what sounded to be a very hard pack, possibly the new Lemmings United. So far, I'm in agreement that the pack isn't as hard as United, but it's pretty close. However, as I'm currently the only one to have solved every level at least once, the pack is still riddled with a lot of backroutes, so it's hard to say for certain how the difficulty compares to United. At the same time, I think I can say that the difficulty of the 5th and final rank, Aquarius, exceeds that of the Genocide rank of United. It's only because the entire rank was a very long and hard struggle for me despite all the backroutes I found for the rank. As a matter of fact, only two of my solutions were intended/acceptable, i.e, 18/20 were backroutes! :XD: So, perhaps with the intended solutions properly enforced the pack may be as hard as United or just possibly exceed it by a bit.

In any case, I thought Armani did a great job for his first level pack. I immensely enjoyed it, and there are just a lot of remarkable gems in the pack that I consider my favorites. Thus, I can absolutely recommend the pack, but be warned that it's a really hard pack. Its difficulty definitely exceeds pretty much every level pack that I have solved, save for possibly United. Even then, as long as you don't let the difficulty get to you, you can make it to the end as well. I will look forward to any future levels/projects of Armani's.

At the same time, since I've solved every level at least once, I consider myself done with the pack and hence I can move on to other packs that I would like to get to. In particular, there's a few more that I would like to get to before the end of 2021. I think I have maybe 3 packs I would like to do before the year is over. 

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2021, 10:14:26 AM »
The link to the LP of All Hallow's Eve has been added to the OP as another one I completed. I thought this was appropriate, considering that Halloween was not too long ago, and this is a Halloween themed level pack. With this, I have now played all of tan x's and Dexter's level packs. Out of these 4 level packs, All Hallow's Eve is the easiest one IMO. In addition, the levels aren't anywhere as hard as their typical ones found in the other packs, where they are unusually difficult. Even then, this isn't a bad thing at all, as I enjoy playing and solving levels of all difficulties. Hard levels may be the type of level that I love playing and solving, but I like levels of all difficulties. I also quite enjoyed this pack a lot too.

This post shall serve as a kind of reflection. Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary since I started LPing Lemmings level packs, and wow, I got to say the fact that I completed 26 28 LPs of level packs in just 1 year is most impressive. During this time frame, I have asked this community how they have found my LPs, and to my big surprise they have received a huge positive reception even though I felt like there haven't been many or anyone watching them. I have been proven wrong on all fronts and am very glad to hear they have been very enjoyable. Once again, it is because of this that has given me motivation to keep doing LPs for your entertainment, and therefore I thank you all :thumbsup: I am glad to be part of such a wonderful community on an extremely awesome game. It should be clear and obvious that I'm more of a level solver than a level designer, but even then the possibility of a future level pack from me isn't completely ruled out :P

So, I guess it's time for another poll on a level pack that I should LP next. I do have one in mind that I was thinking of doing next, but maybe because it's my 1 year anniversary tomorrow since I started LPing level packs, perhaps I can hold off on the one I had in mind. So, next poll up to help me decide on the next pack to LP! :)

edit: I modified the poll a bit to replace a pack which I feel might be a better one. Sorry Proxima, I resetted the vote count in case you wanted to vote for the other one :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 04:52:02 AM by kaywhyn »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2021, 06:17:50 PM »
If it's an anniversary special, it should also be a pack with a particularly special status. I'd rule out an abandoned prototype right away on that grounds alone - not saying don't LP it at all, but pick something else for a "special" LP.

The remaining three, Redux sounds cool on paper, but how familiar are you with levels from alternate ports? It might not be that interesting if you already know all the levels. On the other hand, if you haven't played the Genesis levels in particular, you're going to encounter a decent amount of new stuff, so it could be interesting.

MazuLems and DoveLems are both classic, significant packs, which fit much better. MazuLems is quite short, which might work well for a special; it was certainly hard by the standards of its time but would actually be considered fairly easy by today's standards for the most part (though one or two levels still hold up as pretty nasty).

Another possibility could be one of the official games that you haven't played yet? (And if going this route, it goes without saying that my nomination is L3D - though Tribes or Revolution are worth at least playing at some point too. I won't blame you for skipping Chronicles or Paintball. :P)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2021, 05:38:06 AM »
Well, just like that, with only 4 votes, it's an even split between Mazulems and the holiday pack. That certainly makes it a bit more difficult for me, as I need to decide which of the two to go with. At the same time, I could simply make them the next two packs to LP. Or, I could just go with something else entirely, such as

Another possibility could be one of the official games that you haven't played yet? (And if going this route, it goes without saying that my nomination is L3D - though Tribes or Revolution are worth at least playing at some point too. I won't blame you for skipping Chronicles or Paintball. :P)

Good point, namida! :) This would definitely be the "other" option in the poll, and I can certainly do that despite no votes on it yet. I definitely would like to do Lemmings Revolution at some point. To avoid any doubt, I've already completed Revolution from a while back, although I either have completed it once or twice. Since it's been a while, I can definitely do another playthrough of Revolution but on camera. Regarding L3D, I will definitely try and take a look at your pack, after I go through the base game first :P As for Chronicles or Paintball, I don't think I will be looking at those, as I'm not really interested in them.

The remaining three, Redux sounds cool on paper, but how familiar are you with levels from alternate ports? It might not be that interesting if you already know all the levels. On the other hand, if you haven't played the Genesis levels in particular, you're going to encounter a decent amount of new stuff, so it could be interesting.

I've played the Genesis port on an emulator at some point a while back, and hence Redux won't be a complete blind playthrough, although it might as well be due to how it's been quite a while since I've seen the Genesis levels. At the same time, I'm not too extremely familiar with most of these levels, as I did it only once a while back and haven't really revisited them since. However, I've definitely seen all of the Genesis levels, just most I likely won't recall too well.

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2021, 11:14:07 PM »
I didn't vote on this one because I havent actually got around to playing Mazulems myself yet. I do like the idea of going back to a first pack though - The first custom pack I completed was geofflems and I can imagine playing it again would be a lot of fun.

Another very different option might be to pick a selection of some individual levels that stand out when thinking back and revisiting those in some way (not really a 'best of' as I imagine that could be difficult to pick!)?
My Level Packs: Quartet

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2021, 12:32:20 AM »
Hey Apjjm, thanks for your very helpful and thoughtful input! :)

I didn't vote on this one because I havent actually got around to playing Mazulems myself yet. I do like the idea of going back to a first pack though - The first custom pack I completed was geofflems and I can imagine playing it again would be a lot of fun.

Yea, I know what you mean in regards to revisiting the very first custom pack I've ever played. I originally played Mazulems on Dos with Custlemm. I certainly remember how very good it was, as well as some that were quite frustrating to do with Dos mechanics. With NL, it will likely be a much better playing experience. I don't quite remember all the solutions, as well as possibly some of the levels themselves, as it's been a really long time since I've even saw or touched the pack, but it won't matter much, as I eventually do figure out the solutions again given enough time. That being said, I'm still somewhat familiar with most of the solutions, so it'll likely be super quick and over with at the snap of a finger :laugh: Even then, plenty of great gems here, so I can definitely recommend that you play through this pack at some point. It definitely doesn't disappoint at all :)

Geofflems is another great pack as well. I remember it wasn't too much of a challenge until about midway to late Taxing and then some real toughies in Mayhem. Of course, difficult levels don't bother me much, as these are the types of levels I love playing and solving, but I do love levels of all difficulties, and hence easy ones are a very welcome sight after playing nothing but hard levels for a while, which has been quite common for me.

Another very different option might be to pick a selection of some individual levels that stand out when thinking back and revisiting those in some way (not really a 'best of' as I imagine that could be difficult to pick!)?

Yet another great point you brought up. I might consider it, although I likely will spend way too much time if so, as I will have to be able to justify why I chose some levels vs those I didn't.

Since you responded in this thread, you just reminded me that I need to play through your Lemmings Quartet at some point! ;) Rest assured, I will get to it as soon as I get some of my planned LPs of level packs done first. When I do start playing through it, I'll be sure to ping you and link you to the LP :)