Poll

Help Me Decide the Next Two Level Packs to LP. Whose Packs Shall I Give Some Loving To First?

Lemmings in Weirdyland (2023 edition) by weirdybeardy
2 (22.2%)
Quest from Kieran by kieranmillar
3 (33.3%)
Mikes Lemmings Version 2 (Rigel rank only) by Turrican
2 (22.2%)
Unusual Lemmings by Duuddu
1 (11.1%)
Festival Millas 2020 by Gigalem
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: kaywhyn's List of Completed LPs of Lemmings Packs and Upcoming Packs to LP  (Read 31813 times)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: My Next 3 LPs Are Complete: Yipee! More Lemmings, Sammings 1, and Lemminas.
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2020, 08:52:36 PM »
All rightie, the 3 LPs of the packs in the title are done. Links provided here. Next up will be Arty's Sublems for NL and namida's LPI, also for NL. Perhaps in the future I can put all my LPs in the OP so that they're not scattered all over the place on this topic, where finding them will be difficult.

Yippee! More Lemmings LP:
Kaywhyn's LP of Niesch's Yippee! More Lemmings pack

Sammings 1 LP:
Kaywhyn's LP of manth16's Sammings 1 pack

Lemminas LP:
Kaywhyn's LP of WillLem's Lemminas pack

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
Re: Give Kaywhyn a Good First Pack and Some Packs to LP
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2020, 08:59:29 PM »
I think , Clammings could be a good suggestion too!
My Youtube channel ( Turrican Lemm )  :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGFBOHdYITHlsqa203Tu8Q

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2020, 10:59:12 PM »
I was going to recommend my pack Nuked Lemmings, it only has 20 levels but the 20 levels are difficult but hopefully not too hard.

https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4445.msg77430#msg77430

I hear you have completed quite a lot of packs Kaywhyn.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2020, 12:39:15 AM »
Thanks a bunch for the LP suggestions/recommendations, gentlemen! :thumbsup: I have noted them down. Perhaps I can do the same thing here, where I put all planned/suggested/recommended LPs in either the OP or the second post, just so they're all kept in 1 place rather than scattered in various replies all over in the topic.

• Clammings (suggested by Turrican)
  • Nuked Lemmings (suggested by grams88)

I was going to recommend my pack Nuked Lemmings, it only has 20 levels but the 20 levels are difficult but hopefully not too hard.

https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4445.msg77430#msg77430

Hey grams88, great to hear from you. I have noted this down on my list of packs to LP above :) and will definitely LP it once I'm done LPing Sublems and LPI. Also thanks for the link. I already have the pack downloaded from a while back. I definitely have heard the pack is difficult, so that does worry me a bit, as I have struggled with both difficult and even packs that aren't considered as difficult, eg, Lemminas. However, I will rise up to the challenge and LP your Nuked Lemmings pack and give it some loving! ;)

That reminds me. For your Ski Slope pack, is there a chance that the missing levels might be restored? I think right now the pack is a bit less than the expected 80. I would love to see the levels that were taken out.

I hear you have completed quite a lot of packs Kaywhyn.

Indeed. List is right here. Number of packs completed currently stands at 65. I would like to eventually take on all available packs, so it's virtually guaranteed that I will play the two packs that were suggested to me to LP. Once again, thanks for the suggestions! :thumbsup:

https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4894.msg82860#msg82860

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2020, 02:45:06 PM »
That's a good achievement with the number of packs you have completed 64. I bet not many people have completed as much as 64 packs.

The Nuked Lemmings only uses the original eight skills the same as the skii sloping lemmings. I feel some of the levels in Nuked Lemmings are of a difficult nature, I tried to make the levels a bit different to the skii sloping ones as a lot of the skii sloping ones did tend to have a lot of building levels.

I must warn looking over the levels again yes these are difficult ones, the nuked lemmings, you can do them in any order I don't think the order of these levels matters as each level stands on its own if that makes sense.  I could totally be wrong here but I don't think I've seen anyone that's completed the Nuked lemmings yet so don't worry if you do find them tricky. If you can complete a few of them you are doing good.

You are right there was a few levels missing from the skii sloping lemmings, now if I remember one level I really didn't like as it had a lot of building, it was one of those levels with the fire tileset with lots of writing, mentioning all different video games I've played. I think I deleted that level completely, I'll have a look around to see if I can see any of them but in my opinion that level with all the writing, I don't think it was that good, to be honest.

There was another level as well I think, need to try to remember what level it was.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2020, 06:29:48 PM »
I must warn looking over the levels again yes these are difficult ones, the nuked lemmings, you can do them in any order I don't think the order of these levels matters as each level stands on its own if that makes sense.  I could totally be wrong here but I don't think I've seen anyone that's completed the Nuked lemmings yet so don't worry if you do find them tricky. If you can complete a few of them you are doing good.

That's what worries me, but I'm willing to take on any level pack no matter how difficult. Even better is how I'll be playing them in real time when I'm recording myself solving for your entertainment ;) The truth is is that ever since I started LPing packs I've just been enjoying myself so much, and they all seem to have garnered extremely positive receptions, and so I figured I'll keep doing more LPs. I'm definitely more than happy to share my level solving expertise and even provide some amusing entertainment on top of it :)

Just so let you know, I have played some of your Lemmini packs from some time ago, I think maybe a couple of years ago. I must say I was quite impressed by them. I know there was one brick level where you deliberately buried the exit in the terrain, but I managed to figure that one out due to something suspicious in the skillset, in particular not having enough builders for all the gaps you must build over. I definitely don't mind the occasional level where the author hides the exit in the terrain, though I think I'm like most here in that as long as there's some kind of visual clue that indicates where it is then even better. Otherwise, as long as there aren't too many of these in a row then it's fine with me too.

I would say your hardest Lemmini levels are from the Lemmings anniversary pack, where you took the original Lemmings levels or ONML and essentially reworked them in order to make a different solution out of them. I remember both the Pillars of Hercules and Lemmings Express remakes being the hardest ones. The latter because there's so much precision needed. Not to mention dealing on a very small platform at the very start along with a 99 RR. Also the Sand Castle one, the remake of Fun 2. That one was hard too, especially since it's not obvious how to get from the bottom of the level to the top of the highest pillar with the skills given. I eventually figured them out, but I remember these 3 being the hardest ones from you.

You are right there was a few levels missing from the skii sloping lemmings, now if I remember one level I really didn't like as it had a lot of building, it was one of those levels with the fire tileset with lots of writing, mentioning all different video games I've played. I think I deleted that level completely, I'll have a look around to see if I can see any of them but in my opinion that level with all the writing, I don't think it was that good, to be honest.

There was another level as well I think, need to try to remember what level it was.

I took a look at the Ski Sloping pack, and there are 19 levels in each of the 4 ranks, and so there's 4 missing levels, more than I thought there were. I thought there were only 2 less than the 80 mentioned in the level pack title.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: My List of Completed LPs of Lemmings Packs and Upcoming Packs to LP
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2020, 08:03:28 AM »
I have modified the OP to list all the LPs of packs I've completed, as well as make a list of my upcoming LPs. In this way, the links to all my LPs won't be scattered all over the topic. As it is, it's quite difficult to find them. I have also changed the topic title of the OP accordingly, since the original title no longer is relevant, since we're way past my first LP and I have done 7 in a very short amount of time. Still, recommendations of packs for me to LP are always welcomed :)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2020, 11:03:43 AM »
Hello everyone,

I just completed my 8th LP of a Lemmings level pack, Clammings. I have added the link to the LP in the OP. I have also added a poll to gauge how much the community is enjoying my LPs, as I would like to know if the interest has been there. No one asked if I ever considered LPing level packs. I made the personal decision to get into LPing because I thought it would be fun and for the experience. Indeed, I have enjoyed LPing all 8 packs I've done every step of the way. Not to mention this community could always use more LPers with commentary and get some amusement/entertainment ;)

For the first three two options, feel free to tell me which packs you have watched, as well as provide suggestions/recommendations of other packs for me to LP. Regardless of what you voted for, feel free to let me know how I can make my LPs better, as I know there are some things that I can work on to make them better. I'm working on drastically cutting down the video lengths, for example, as I acknowledge most of them are way too long.

Update: I updated the poll to remove one of the options, as it seemed quite redundant to the first one. This should be a better poll. Also made the question much shorter
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 06:28:15 PM by kaywhyn »

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2020, 11:48:45 AM »
I've watched the first part of Migration and about half of Lemminas. I know that's not much, but as well as wanting to avoid spoilers for myself, there is the matter of time :P You've posted a lot of videos in a relatively short time, and it's hard to keep up, especially when I have other LPers to keep on top of as well 8-) Still, I am definitely intending to watch more of your LPs, especially when I have finished a pack.

I don't think your videos are necessarily too long, because the viewer always has the option of skipping when they know you will be on the same level for a while (which is easy to check with YouTube's new chapter system -- thank you for taking advantage of it :thumbsup: But certainly one possibility if you are stuck would be to pause the recording for a while, think through a level for a bit on your own, then come back. It's up to you whether you feel that would improve the flow.

For future packs to LP, since you've done Clammings I strongly recommend Insane Steve's World. Like Clammings, it's a best-of pack of one of the forum's top-tier level makers, and it should be a bit easier than Clammings overall. I also don't think it's had an LP done yet, unlike other top recommendations like DoveLems and PimoLems that have had plenty.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2020, 04:36:43 PM »
the viewer always has the option of skipping when they know you will be on the same level for a while (which is easy to check with YouTube's new chapter system -- thank you for taking advantage of it :thumbsup:

+1 for this: your diligence in adding chapters to the videos is much appreciated! It also makes going back to review a certain part of the LP afterwards much easier. I'm considering going back over my own LPs to add chapters at some point...

But certainly one possibility if you are stuck would be to pause the recording for a while, think through a level for a bit on your own, then come back

+1,000 for this. I try to avoid long periods of "thinking" in my own LPs by simply editing those parts out. I also edit out various other things as well - there are no rules to it, as such, I just aim make it tidier so it flows. Editing definitely makes for a more watchable LP, I find.

Of course, editing can take as long as recording the LP in the first place; if you don't fancy spending that sort of time on your videos, Proxima's suggestion of simply stopping the recording and coming back to it when you've had time to think would be a decent alternative, and then you can just simply join the videos together afterwards.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 04:46:25 PM by WillLem »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2020, 11:05:32 AM »
Thanks to those who already voted in the poll. This is quite useful, as I'm actually uncertain whether others here have noticed my LPs whenever I announce they're up and ready. Most importantly, thanks to those who have followed up with a post telling me how they are! :thumbsup: If you haven't yet, don't be afraid to. I'm always looking for ways to make my LPs better and for your entertainment and amusement ;) Definitely feel free to speak up.

You've posted a lot of videos in a relatively short time, and it's hard to keep up, especially when I have other LPers to keep on top of as well 8-)

I completely understand. I myself am aware that I have uploaded many videos in a very short amount of time, so I could certainly slow down the pace. Not less I want to risk increased burnout and exhaustion :P

I don't think your videos are necessarily too long, because the viewer always has the option of skipping when they know you will be on the same level for a while (which is easy to check with YouTube's new chapter system -- thank you for taking advantage of it :thumbsup: But certainly one possibility if you are stuck would be to pause the recording for a while, think through a level for a bit on your own, then come back. It's up to you whether you feel that would improve the flow.

Yup, I love Youtube's Chapter feature a lot. Very helpful if one wants to find a particular level. It also tells you how long it actually took me to solve a particular level. That is a good idea, although there's the possibility of forgetting to resume the recording. Given how I have forgotten to open OBS a couple of times, I'm certain that this will happen with me as well.

What I can do is solve less levels per video in order to drastically cut down on video length. The problem I have is that if I build up momentum from being able to solve many levels in a row, why stop? In some of the videos, you can tell that I often debated myself if I wanted to either play the level or stop the recording. One thing I said I would do but I haven't done yet for any of my LPs is using an actual stopwatch. I need to get on that.

For future packs to LP, since you've done Clammings I strongly recommend Insane Steve's World. Like Clammings, it's a best-of pack of one of the forum's top-tier level makers, and it should be a bit easier than Clammings overall. I also don't think it's had an LP done yet

Added the pack to my upcoming LPs list. Thanks! :thumbsup:

+1 for this: your diligence in adding chapters to the videos is much appreciated! It also makes going back to review a certain part of the LP afterwards much easier. I'm considering going back over my own LPs to add chapters at some point...

I highly recommend it. It's so useful! ;) Another thing I thought about is putting in the level title as well, but since you already see it at the beginning of each chapter, perhaps it won't be necessary. What I find a bit annoying is when I'm viewing the video I would have to have the Youtube video description open as well to look at the times when each level begins. Often times, others simply refer to the level by rank name and number without the title, and so many times I'm wondering which level is that again?

Of course, editing can take as long as recording the LP in the first place; if you don't fancy spending that sort of time on your videos, Proxima's suggestion of simply stopping the recording and coming back to it when you've had time to think would be a decent alternative, and then you can just simply join the videos together afterwards.

I'm definitely not into video editing, mostly because I'm very bad at all but also I don't want to. His idea sounds good, but there's always the possibility to forget to resume the recording, and given how I have forgotten to open OBS a few times... :XD:

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Nuked Lems LP Complete
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2020, 09:23:49 PM »
Hello all,

I have just finished and added another LP to the completed list: Nuked Lems. The link to the LP has been added to the OP. Also, after a week and a half, according to the poll, my LPs have indeed been extremely well received. Since that's the case, I will therefore continue to do more LPs. :) Thank you to those who have voted and confirmed my speculation that they have been liked very much.  Before the poll, I didn't have much or any evidence to go by that my LPs were liked and enjoyed all that much. Great to know they are are enjoyable! :thumbsup: Really, the pleasure is all mine. I don't mind sharing my approach on level solving, as well as to provide much needed amusement and entertainment for the community by being an LPer ;)

Thank you to those who have voted and given their input on how my LPs can be better. I myself went to somewhat great lengths to make sure my most recent LP I just completed, Nuked Lems, fulfilled some changes that I said I would implement. In particular, I worked on solving less levels per video to make the length much more reasonable. I think I have succeeded to an extent, although the videos near the end fell victim to getting super long again. I think it was mostly due to how I wanted to try and solve the level I was stuck on in the same video if possible. In some cases, I felt I was very close and would be able to, but alas some didn't work out and therefore needed multiple videos. However, the one thing that I said I would do for this LP but didn't is use a timer. I will have to remember to do so before recording in the future!

If you haven't voted and given your input on my LPs, you still can! Again, I'm always looking for ways to improve, as I acknowledge that I can work on some things to make my LPs better. Even then, I'm just really glad to hear that people are enjoying the LPs.   

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2020, 01:38:52 AM »
Hi kaywhyn

My brother and I have been enjoying watching the let's plays you have been doing. :) Welldone for completing the Nuked Lems pack, I hope you enjoyed playing through the levels. I put my levels in alphabetical order, some of the ones near the end of the alphabet seemed harder I noticed. I might watch some more of your videos tomorrow with my brother. My brother has been trying to work out the solutions to the levels as you were playing along

I voted on the poll for number one I feel your lets plays have been really good, my brother was saying the same thing, he could hear you and enjoyed watching you play through them as well. Some levels had some interesting solutions, so far I've not seen any major backroutes but apart from that there were some levels that were completed slightly different to my intended solution but I tried to make it that way on purpose as there are many different ways to do a level.

You have done well for doing the blind let's play if that's the right term to use. It can be difficult doing a blind let's play so to say as you don't know if you will encounter a problem or not.  You have certainly done well anyway with that.

As Proxima was saying about youtube having the new chapter thing you can jump to different bits in the video if it were to be a long one but 30 to 40 minutes actually seemed like not a bad amount of time for the video.

Hope you enjoyed the pack. :thumbsup:

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2020, 02:38:44 AM »
Hi grams88,

Thanks so much for the kind words! :thumbsup: Thanks again for the poll vote and for watching my LPs, as well as recommending your Nuked Lems pack to LP. I'm glad to hear that both your brother and you are enjoying them very much. Including yours, since all the votes have been "yeses," and those who have voted have spoken and given their thoughts on my LPs, it's universally unanimous that the LPs have indeed been very well-liked, and so I will continue to do more LPs for everyone's benefit and entertainment :)

I think you already know, but just in case you haven't seen it yet, I have also attached my replays and given you feedback on your pack in the level pack topic itself. I was told that the LP videos are sufficient for feedback and that putting it in the level pack topic is doing far more than I need to, but I don't mind doing both and providing it in the level pack topic as well. Occasionally, there's thoughts that often go unsaid in the LP, so while I generally echo the same thing in the written feedback, because I'm not under pressure of recording, the written feedback somewhat allows more thoughts that haven't already been said to be said.

As for Nuked Lems, I honestly thought the pack got slightly easier after level 13. That one is clearly the hardest for me, as I ended up taking 3 videos before I finally solved it. The only other problem level after that one was level 15, but it was more of an execution thing rather than the solution, since it's obvious in that level and getting the timing right is the difficult part. In other words, the pack does get harder up until level 13, which is where it really peaks in difficulty, and then the pack decreases in difficulty similar to how the early levels in the pack were.

There are also two levels I feel as if I've seen and played before I finished your pack. Those were 15 and 18. Somehow they feel and look familiar. It's possible these were levels of yours I played before, or just a very similar level that I've played previously. I've been trying to see if I could find such levels on other sites, but so far I haven't found them, so it's possible that I haven't played those two levels before. Did you ever make level packs for Dos? I know you made some Lemmini packs, but I haven't found these levels in any of those packs.

Since you mentioned that you have seen my LPs, I'm guessing you are subscribed and so you get notifications of my videos going up? If that's the case, perhaps you can let me know your channel so that I can subscribe in return. Thanks so much again for watching and that you're enjoying them so much. As it's Christmas day where I am, I will consider the kind words and you watching my LPs my Christmas gift(s) from you for this year. The same thing goes with everyone else who has said "yes." This is honestly the best thing that I have received this year.  Not necessarily material possessions, but it's the thought that counts. I haven't received anything this year for the holidays, but I don't mind, since it's been a rough year for pretty much everyone. It's not like I've gotten something for Christmas every year as an adult, so I'm kind of used to it. Thank you for the "yeses," everyone! :)

From me, I want to wish everyone here and all over the world a merry Christmas and a happy new year! Season greetings, everybody! :thumbsup:   
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 02:58:35 AM by kaywhyn »

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2020, 10:18:00 PM »
Quick suggestion: maybe the OP could indicate, in parentheses next to each LP link, how many parts it has?