Author Topic: [EXPERIMENTAL] Editor V1.28 - Lots of fixes and stuff [V1.28-B released]  (Read 2684 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Let's learn from what happened with 1.25, and put out an experimental first. Should be fairly reliable, but still - treat it as an experimental. Look out for bugs, especially new ones, and report any that you do find.

Download link: https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=444

Changes from V1.27:

> Added support for copying/pasting terrain groups between editor instances
> Added support for editing (not merely preserving) the direction and speed of moving background objects
> Added support for opening levels via command line / drag-and-drop (this also allows configuring Open With with the editor)
> Grid status indicator added in lower-right of level area
> Quantity of normal, zombie and neutral lemmings is now displayed next to the lemming count input box
> "Snap to grid" option added to menu bar
> Fixed a bug where backgrounds would sometimes not display correctly
> Fixed a bug where the group / ungroup piece options in the Edit menu were non-functional
> Fixed a bug where trigger areas were shown for object types with no trigger effect
> Fixed bugs that caused piece locations to "jump" when selecting them if the grid is enabled
> Fixed a graphical bug with nine-sliced objects
> Fixed the bug where the color of the Jumper skill count input box doesn't change like the others do based on skill count

Known issues (fixed in V1.28-B):
- Isses with initial sizing of window - see reply #6
- Pieces dragged outside level have positioning issues - see reply #8
- If a preplaced lemming is marked as both Zombie and Neutral, it gets counted as both in the zombie / neutral counts, instead of only as a zombie. This does not affect hatches.
- Neutral / Zombie counts show as 0 after loading level until a piece is moved or edited.
- Some deprecations that shouldn't still be supported, were.

Known issues for V1.28-B:
- None yet
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 02:23:05 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [EXPERIMENTAL] Editor V1.28 - Lots of fixes and stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 11:32:58 PM »
(Reserved)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 10:33:43 AM »
Will take a look at it tomorrow probably, but it would be nice to have some more people go over it, as I myself did not actively noticed quite a few of these bugs and I cannot completely say if all of them are gone. ;)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 04:55:59 AM »
Very exciting update! I've made a quick level and tested the following features:

1 > Added support for copying/pasting terrain groups between editor instances - Tested this with some grouped terrain, works a treat. Great feature!
2 > Added support for editing (not merely preserving) the direction and speed of moving background objects - Not tested (not entirely sure what this one means)
3 > Added support for opening levels via command line / drag-and-drop (this also allows configuring Open With with the editor) - Works brilliantly. I did a happy dance, and then spent the next few minutes opening levels just by clicking them, or by drag-dropping into an open Editor instance, just because we now can! :lemcat:
4 > Grid status indicator added in lower-right of level area - Works for selected terrain, objects, and sketches, but doesn't show cursor location when nothing is selected (which I'm guessing is the correct, intended behaviour). Do the co-ordinates refer to the top left corner of the piece?
5 > Quantity of normal, zombie and neutral lemmings is now displayed next to the lemming count input box - Tested: I made a level with 3 hatches and 4 lems. Whichever hatch is drawn first will spawn the extra lem, so order is important for this feature
6 > "Snap to grid" option added to menu bar - Not tested; I don't use the grid, so this feature is probably best tested by someone who uses it extensively
7 > Fixed a bug where backgrounds would sometimes not display correctly - Not tested
8 > Fixed a bug where the group / ungroup piece options in the Edit menu were non-functional - Tested; works fine
9 > Fixed a bug where trigger areas were shown for object types with no trigger effect - Tested; works fine
10> Fixed bugs that caused piece locations to "jump" when selecting them if the grid is enabled - Not tested (see item 6)
12> Fixed a graphical bug with nine-sliced objects - Not tested; I haven't yet had a chance to play with nine-slicing properly, but I no doubt will very soon
13> Fixed the bug where the color of the Jumper skill count input box doesn't change like the others do based on skill count - Oh yeah! I'd never noticed that before :P

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 05:10:45 AM »
Nice level, even if it's not meant to be taken seriously, since it's just like you said, you're just testing the editor by making a very quick level ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 07:09:14 AM »
Darn, sorry, will test today, completely slept it. A Hearts of Iron session came in the evening where I planned to test. ;P

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 03:06:57 PM »
Ok, tested it.

In General:

- For some reason now the editor starts always of as a small window for me instead of my previously closed big wiindow/fullscreen. Is there a way that it remembers the size it was closed on again?

This is quite annoying right now. So a fix would be very appreciated. ;P

> Added support for copying/pasting terrain groups between editor instances   - This works for me
> Added support for editing (not merely preserving) the direction and speed of moving background objects - This works for me
> Added support for opening levels via command line / drag-and-drop (this also allows configuring Open With with the editor) - This works for me
> Grid status indicator added in lower-right of level area - It is showing for me
> Quantity of normal, zombie and neutral lemmings is now displayed next to the lemming count input box - It is showing for me
> "Snap to grid" option added to menu bar - It is showing for me
> Fixed a bug where backgrounds would sometimes not display correctly - Haven't noticed the bug yet again, but time will tell. :P
> Fixed a bug where the group / ungroup piece options in the Edit menu were non-functional - Haven't noticed the bug yet again, but time will tell. :P
> Fixed a bug where trigger areas were shown for object types with no trigger effect  - This works for me
> Fixed bugs that caused piece locations to "jump" when selecting them if the grid is enabled - This works for me. The jump now only occurs when you double-click and not just opon selecting. I think that's good!
> Fixed a graphical bug with nine-sliced objects - Not tested.
> Fixed the bug where the color of the Jumper skill count input box doesn't change like the others do based on skill count - This works for me

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 06:49:39 PM »
- For some reason now the editor starts always of as a small window for me instead of my previously closed big wiindow/fullscreen. Is there a way that it remembers the size it was closed on again?

I haven't intentionally changed anything that would affect this, so this is a bug. Can confirm that I can reproduce it.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2020, 03:51:38 AM »
I also tested it while making a level last night.
Everything seems fine for me except for one weird thing :

If you select multiple terrain pieces and drag them at the corner of the level, their relative positions crush a little bit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 05:19:53 AM by Armani »
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2020, 09:16:05 PM »
I haven't had a chance to test it yet as i've been doing uni work but I will try over the next few days.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2020, 01:54:31 AM »
Ok, tested it.

In General:

This is quite annoying right now. So a fix would be very appreciated. ;P

Narrowed down that this was introduced in commit db54768, but haven't figured out anything beyond that yet.

EDIT: And fixed.
My Lemmings projects