Author Topic: Level Design Contest #21 - Playing Phase (Update Topic)  (Read 3811 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Level Design Contest #21 - Playing Phase (Update Topic)
« on: October 01, 2020, 12:15:17 PM »
Note: This topic is ONLY for posting updates to your levels, or making late submissions. All other posts will be deleted. If you want to discuss the levels, post replays, etc, please do so in the Discussion Topic.

Please follow these rules for updates:
1. When posting a new updated version of a level, remove any old updated versions of that level --> Have all your recent updates stored in 1 post! I will delete such old posts eventually if the author doesn't; so don't store any important information in them.
2. Make a new post for a new update; do not edit your most recent post. You may, however, post updates to multiple entries (if you have more than one) in the same post.
3. Use the same filename as found in the ZIP of the entered levels, with "V2" "V3" etc added at the end. No matter how minor an update is, give it a new number.
4. Do not post in this topic, unless it's to post an update to your levels. Use the discussion topic instead for anything else.

Please use the same naming format as in the zip file:  User1_Levelname_R3V5.lvl ---> Level "Levelname" by User1   for Rule 3   Version 5 of the level 

For late submissions also, please use the same kind of filename as is used in the main levels download - ie: your username, and "R1" "R2" or "R3" to mark which rule the level is for. Please be sure to check the original contest announcement topic for the rules; as the notes in the discussion topic are simply meant as reminders, not full explanations of the rules.

Please use the right naming format when posting updates! That would lead to less confusions and less work for everyone.

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
Re: Level Design Contest #21 - Playing Phase (Update Topic)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 11:45:17 PM »
version 2 of my rule 1 level

*corrected pick up skill counts

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 06:07:56 AM »
V3 for "Welcome to the Twilight Zone" (rule 2)

- V3: in V2 the exit limit counter disappeared. Now it's back again.
- V2: backroute fix after Armani's replay (I moved a piece of steel near the exits)

V2 for "Step Up Your Game" (rule 1)

- No changes that affect the solution
- Only small esthetical changes: I removed the small gaps between objects in the ceiling that became visible in the high resolution modus ;)

My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 12:51:00 AM »
Watched your Youtube video of the contest levels Icho and I changed where the updraft was a little bit and you jumped onto that pillar without needing the floater even though it was intended to use the floater there so I changed it to ensure it was splat height.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 09:16:56 AM »
ok, I fixed my level so now it has a swimmer hatch, reduced the lemming count, and since I now have an empty slot I replaced the swimmers skill slot with a disarmer slot. Also must get the disarmer pickup skill. And made the spot where the transporters are have no gap instead I added a trap. (so now a lot fewer repetetive shimmier actions.)
Also fixed the block that holds the lava near top better(no holes now)

Also made the time Unlimited. I do think by adding the disarmer pickup skill makes the level easier. but also by reducing lemming count, adding the swimmer hatch and replacing gap where transporters are with just a
trap also makes the level less frustrating.

Here is my updated Rule 1 level This room is boiling.

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 04:49:35 PM »
Version6 of NeoLemtris
 - Backroute fix thanks to Ichotolot : A stacker is now a pick-up

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version2 of Hornet flight
 - Backroute fix thanks to Kaywhyn : A fencer is now a pick-up skill

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version6 of Marina Bay Sands
 - Backroute fix thanks to Ichotolot : Added a steel
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 07:09:02 PM »
V3 of Steeplechase - the first gap is now slightly wider - this is mostly to enforce a slightly less complicated solution!

V5 of Hell's Challenger - the trapdoor is now further to the left and the silver "Fire Drill" talisman now has an extra 5 seconds on the clock - the time is a little arbitrary because I needed to find a balance between having time to spare in finding a unique solution that completes it that quickly, but not having so much leeway (i.e. 4:00 exactly) that it's barely impossible to complete the level the intended way if done super-efficiently (and possibly leading players to attempt to optimise their solution to no avail).

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 11:32:13 PM »
Alice v7

Minor polish update to the skillset to remove some skills I carelessly left behind in the v6 update. This might break kaywhyn's most recent solution, or it might not - if it still works it will be an acceptable variant and won't warrant further patching.

- Blockers reduced from 1 to 0
 - Walkers reduced from 3 to 2

Old Version Changelogs
v2 (click to show/hide)
v3 (click to show/hide)
v4 (click to show/hide)
v5 (click to show/hide)
v6 (click to show/hide)

Also, fun fact: The story of the name of this level is as follows: I made a level, then commented on Discord that I couldn't think of a name for it. namida suggested "Charles" and I went with it. Then I made another level and named it "Alice". Because sure, why not. Charles was originally supposed to be the contest level, but I liked the intended solution for this level a bit better.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 09:08:35 PM »
Here's V3 of HoPPiNg mAd, I've tidied up the layout a bit and fixed a backroute spotten by ericderkovits. Enjoy! :lemcat:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 11:57:00 PM by WillLem »