NeoLemmix > Bugs & Suggestions

[SUG][PLAYER] Level Pack Downloader

<< < (2/2)

namida:

--- Quote from: WillLem on January 11, 2022, 06:32:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: namida on October 06, 2020, 06:57:49 PM ---So this is rejected - not because it's a bad idea (it isn't), but because it's in the "far too much work" basket. Now - if someone else was willing to step up and create such a website, which I would be happy to provide the hosting for (provided of course that the website has basic protections against people uploading things that aren't packs), that would be a different matter; I'd be happy to implement the NL side of this feature.

--- End quote ---

From my side, I'll consider this one resolved in that case. Hosting the packs is something I could do myself, but I'm unlikely to get around to actually doing it anytime soon.

--- End quote ---

This is not a suitable project for someone who's still learning.

I'm also at this stage going to reject this idea as a player feature altogether. This doesn't mean the entire concept is rejected; a level database and potentially a standalone level pack downloader app are still a possibility. For this reason though, I've moved it out of the engine bugs/suggestions board, and back to the main one (as there's no sub-board that it's particularly suited to).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version