Author Topic: Among Us  (Read 21889 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Among Us
« on: September 27, 2020, 02:07:53 AM »
I don't know a whole lot about this game; only that it's a multiplayer game something like the "Mafia" forum game we played years ago. It's only 5 dollars on steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDRJl-H9gzc

Post here if you'd be interested in doing this sometime, probably on the weekend like we usually do Lix or UCH, before or after 18:00 UTC.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Among Us
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 08:21:56 AM »
I've watched quite a bit of this game on YT and it looks like quite a lot of fun. :)

If we have enough people for a lemmingsforums round, then you can count me in.

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 09:44:32 AM »
I just tried the game! It’s SO much fun! I’d be totally down to try but is it okay if I play on mobile? Because I don’t have it on steam..and how would we communicate with each other?

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 09:54:19 AM »
There's text chat in game or voice chat through discord. I haven't personally tested it, but my understanding is that there is crossplay between PC and mobile. If using Discord, stay on mute except during discussions or if you're dead.

I'd be interested in joining.

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 12:05:34 AM »
Something I’d like to point out if we do this: If you want to join the session but haven’t played the game before, I highly suggest playing the game a bit before we do this. I think it would be more fun if everyone knew what the game was about and what you had to do.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 11:57:52 PM »
I might have time to try this out this weekend? Likely on Sunday. I'm not sure how many people we need. I'd recommend using discord if we wanna voice chat. I'll familiarize myself with the game a bit before playing if we do. It seems fairly simple overall though (in rules anyway).
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 04:06:20 PM »
I'll think its best to cancel this for this weekend. My schedule's too uncertain and I haven't gotten time to play the game yet at all so I don't know how it works.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 03:23:53 PM »
Something I’d like to point out if we do this: If you want to join the session but haven’t played the game before, I highly suggest playing the game a bit before we do this. I think it would be more fun if everyone knew what the game was about and what you had to do.
When I played Among Us, nobody told me how it worked... it took me an hour until I found out that there was a map on which you could see where each room was and where your tasks were. Until that, whenever I was a crewmate, the crewmates lost, and whenever I was an impostor, the crewmates won...:-\

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 10:37:55 PM »
Well.. to be fair being imposter is very difficult especially when you’re new. I personally suck at imposter but I’m getting better at it. And you’ll eventually memorize the maps and know where the tasks are without even looking at he map. It just takes practice. And that’s why I said people should play it before we do a live event for it because it can be very confusing for new comers

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2020, 10:45:39 PM »
I've been watching the game as well and I think I have an understanding of it; capable for playing. If I'm gonna play it for the first time with anybody it has to be you guys. I think if a number of people playing the first time are playing together that should work.

I'll likely be available this Saturday (for a change), but I'm also willing to play basically any weeknight around 12:00 AM UTC. On weekends I can do much earlier than that (our usual weekend multiplayer things are around 17-18:00 UTC

oh yeah I haven't even bought the game yet :D I will if enough people actually express interest. I'm gonna talk about it on discord as well.
It looks like you need around 6 people minimum for a good game? Idk. Also voice chatting would be advised. but not unnecessary; but unlike most games you have to agree upon voice chatting rules, which is okay.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2020, 10:53:39 PM »
I could play any weekday or weekend, it doesn’t matter I think it’s down to whatever you decide.
Edit: Question about discord because I literally just got it. As far as I know there are servers you have to join to talk to other people so does the Lemmings forums have its own server that I could join?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 11:08:12 PM by Shmolem »

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2020, 04:07:57 AM »
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=3062.0 for discord link

It's worth noting, since it sounds like it would be a rather inexperienced group, that there is a free play mode that you can use to get familiarized with the maps, tasks, and controls; it's probably a good idea to give it a spin before playing for real - that way you won't be trying to figure out the controls on the fly and the imposters will have at least a basic familiarity with the crewmate tasks.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2020, 09:52:57 AM »
I've played the mobile version of Among Us a fair few times, it's a decent game! I'd be up for joining :lemcat:

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2020, 11:15:22 AM »
It's a very fun game I often play with friends! I would have joined you if my spoken english wasn't awful. :crylaugh:

It looks like you need around 6 people minimum for a good game?
5 players is ok. It makes for shorter but also punchier games :)

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2020, 11:51:02 PM »
So to clarify for everyone what time we are going to play. Will it be posted on the forums here or on the discord server? Or both?