Author Topic: Mantha's Halloween Contest  (Read 2652 times)

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
Mantha's Halloween Contest
« on: September 26, 2020, 07:43:03 PM »
This is the prize.

If you want more details of the prize heres where i bought it from https://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2?msg=&searchCount=1&showResultsPage=true&predictiveSearchURL=&beginIndex=0&langId=44&productId=2258603&sType=SimpleSearch&pageSize=48&resultCatEntryType=2&pageView=image&searchBtn=z&searchTerm=lemmings&catalogId=10201&DM_PersistentCookieCreated=true&storeId=10151&ddkey=http%3AAjaxCatalogSearch

So heres the competition

Enter a piece of art work that is both Lemming and Halloween themed.

It can be either a NeoLemmix or Lix level (please note they will be judged on the look of the level rather than the puzzle)
A painting
A drawing
An etching

Pretty much any medium you like digital or a more traditional art form.

Must be original, so levels can't have been submitted in a pack or another contest or even as a stand alone level previously.
Art works must be of your own creation.

PLEASE NOTE THE WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A POSTAL ADDRESS SO THE ITEM CAN BE SHIPPED

Entries must be submitted to me via private message, any entries not submitted like that will be ineligible to win.
Any content found to not be original will be disqualified.

Entries to be submitted by Friday 24th October at 11.59 pm UTC

In the event I receive more than 3 entries I will open it up to the forum to vote for a shortlist and I will make a decision from the top 3.

Any questions please ask

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Mantha's Halloween Contest
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 06:48:35 PM »
Sounds interesting, but the criteria's a bit unclear. Painting/drawing a level from paper and designing a NeoLemmix/Lix level are two different things. :P

* You say I should be creating a Lix or NeoLemmix level. Does that mean I should submit it using the corresponding .nxlv or .txt file?
* Do I have to insert the painting/drawing into the editor?
* Do I have to paint a picture which fits NeoLemmix and Lemmings and Halloween?
* Does the painting need to be photographed into a .png file?
* After I designed my level on the editor, does it need to be screenshot-ted into an MS Paint file?

This drawing is one that Namida did ages ago. It may not fit the Halloween theme, but would this example qualify for your contest under your specifications?
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 06:53:41 PM »
yes they are different things but its a mixed media so thats ok,

levels can either be submitted as a screen shot of the level or as an actual level it doesn't matter if its submitted just as a level (like you would for the level design competitions ill just screen shot it to show the entries)

i didnt say you should be entering a level im saying its an acceptable entry if someone wanted to do a level or a picture (using either digital art methods or any other artistic medium)

yes any physical art would need to be photographed to send but i dont mind if its png or jpeg

and yes that image would qualify if it was halloween  themed.

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 05:57:05 PM »
awesome Minim has submitted the first entry and its really good is anyone gonna challenge??

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 06:09:37 PM »
I plan to attempt something, but it will most likely be a last minute entry. :P

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 08:35:52 PM »
just four more days until the contest closes can anyone challenge Minim or IchoTolot ??

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 12:09:58 AM »
well only two entries, if I had two spare statues id give you both one  but I can't so its going to take me a while to make a decision so for everyone heres the entries, you can all say which ones you like but it won't count towards who wins lol.
    minims entry I like that you didnt use a 'scary' style but creatively found a way to use things to create a halloween theme.

Icho's entry kinda reminds me of jason and the argonauts cos of the skeletons in that.

I like them both for different reasons its really hard to pick a winner.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 09:57:24 PM »
These are both really cool pictures! Maybe we should make a Halloween themed community level pack, where we each contribute one level...?

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 10:13:20 PM »
Ok I've thought long and hard about this cos I really like both pictures but the one I prefer overall is

Drum roll please

Minim congratulations Minim please dm me a name and address to send your prize too.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020, 11:05:48 PM »
Congratulations to Minim! :thumbsup:

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2020, 12:27:28 AM »
Now it's my turn to return the favor, Minim. Congratulations to you for winning Mantha's Halloween Contest. I also have to agree with mantha16, where if I was the one hosting and if I could I would also declare both Icho and Minim winners. Tough choice between the two, and I'm still mostly undecided, but if I had to choose, I'm leaning slightly more towards Minim's design. Gosh, if there was an actual poll, it wouldn't surprise me if both ended in a tie :P In this case, mantha16's vote would be the tiebreaker, although it still wouldn't matter, even if it wasn't a tie, since mantha16 gets the final say in who the winner is, and she has already decided.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 06:22:54 AM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2020, 07:37:20 AM »
Just found out I've won. Wow! :-[ Maybe this will get me back into level designing. :-\ So proud to find out I'm the best at something. I must say, though, Ichotolot's looks really good too with that background. Good work.

Looking forward to the prize. Thanks, Mantha.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3