Author Topic: Conversion of Pacguy765 Challenge Pack from Lemmini to Superlemmini (Cancelled)  (Read 2056 times)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
ok now that I've finished MobilLems, Now next I'm doing Pacguy765 Challenge Pack conversion from Lemmini to Superlemmini. Thanks to Kaywhyn for giving me the zip file for this pack, which includes the styles and levels. This Pack should be quick since there's only 42 levels (packs 1 to 4 x 10 levels each + 2 deleted levels).

Finally, the reason I'm doing these conversions is so more packs for Superlemmini will be availiable for people to play as there were only limited amount of ones listed before.

So now we not only have original game packs and extra level ones(see my original game remakes in the "Levels for Other engines" to find them)
but also some more custom ones listed under Superlemmini's board(in addition to the one's that were already for Superlemmini(ie: Sublems, Colorful Arty's Reverse lemming,etc)
there are also now my conversion ones from Lemmini to Superlemmini(ie: Lemmings Reunion, Dovelems, Pimolems, Mobillems, Dodo's Special pack(cachapack, dodopack), and Franlems)

so now we can add on another conversion one to the list: Pacguy765 Challenge Pack.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 06:52:05 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: Conversion of Pacguy765 Challenge Pack from Lemmini to Superlemmini
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 11:07:45 PM »
In Level 3 GO! GO! GO! the little creature traps and the exits were invisible because in the editor the Overwrite flags were checked, so I unchecked them to make them visible, as they should be per
Icho's Youtube video shows.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 04:31:11 AM »
UPDATE: Since I'm having problems with the sega styles using the mod feature, for this pack only I will not use the Mod feature(very dissappointing) so now when playing this pack you will have to do the switching back and forth renaming the main style for for whatever one your playing.

For example
when playing any other pack besides Pacguy765 Challenge just leave the "styles" folder as is

but when playing Pacguy765 Challenge Pack rename the main "styles" folder to something like "styles-normal"
and name Pacguys765 styles folder to just "styles".

then when going back to playing any other pack, put back "styles" to something like "styles-Packguy765 Challenge Pack" and rename "styles-normal" back to "styles"

VERY DISSAPPOINTED WITH THIS!

I reported this to Tsyu in another post regarding why his mod feature is failing for sega styles(see that post for what I reported)

« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 06:51:37 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 06:52:09 AM »
Ok Pack 1 is done. onto Pack 2. so far easy levels

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 10:40:21 AM »
Thanks to Kaywhyn for giving me the zip file for this pack, which includes the styles and levels.

You're welcome.

Finally, the reason I'm doing these conversions is so more packs for Superlemmini will be availiable for people to play as there were only limited amount of ones listed before.

So now we not only have original game packs and extra level ones(see my original game remakes in the "Levels for Other engines" to find them)
but also some more custom ones listed under Superlemmini's board(in addition to the one's that were already for Superlemmini(ie: Sublems, Colorful Arty's Reverse lemming,etc)
there are also now my conversion ones from Lemmini to Superlemmini(ie: Lemmings Reunion, Dovelems, Pimolems, Mobillems, Dodo's Special pack(cachapack, dodopack), and Franlems)

That's why I appreciate all the conversions you've done and so there's way more packs available for Superlemmini now :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: Conversion of Pacguy765 Pack from Lemmini to Superlemmini (Cancelled)
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 06:47:46 PM »
UPDATE:
Due to this Packs issues with Pacguy765 styles, I've decided this pack is just too problematic for Superlemmini, So I've decided to cancel this one.

Level 6 of Pack2, The special Supermario Bros level just wont work with the style. I've tried to get the styles to work even merged the original ones with his special styles to see if it would work.
Whether I merge it with the original or keep his separate, either way it crashes. Maybe this pack is only meant for Regular Lemmini(also I noticed in Icho solution in this level the characters are sort of animated-which is maybe why it crashes in Superlemmini). Also in level 4 of pack 1(No bashers Allowed!!!) the exit is a special one too, also this exit isn't even in the editor. So when I had to
adjust this exit to get the lemmings to exit, I had to manually go into the level4.ini and adjust objects 1 and 5 by adding 2. Also this is sort of just too much of a headache. if Pacguy765 has levels that I can't even use the editor on. Having to figure out manually to get them adjusted is too much.

EDIT: I downloaded this to Regular Lemmini's regular styles folder and it works in regular lemmini, so what I did is just copied and pasted the styles folder from Regular lemmini to Superlemmini,
thinking it would work since it worked in Regular lemmini. But obviously since it worked in regular Lemmini but not Superlemmini, I concluded that it's not the styles issues, it's the fact it can't be
tranlated over to Superlemmini. Thus I've decided to cancel this one for Superlemmini as there is nothing that can be fixed. It's an actual issue inside Superlemmini's engine not Pacguy765 Styles.
Modify message

OK, I think this correct. If anybody sees this please respond. As I now I only see this topic. No longer 2.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 06:56:51 PM by ericderkovits »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Confirmed. Now it's only this topic ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0