Author Topic: [EXPERIMENTAL] Editor V1.26 - Like V1.25 but with less bugs (and some new stuff)  (Read 5013 times)

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
ok I just checked it by selecting the clockwork background adding 3 bits of terrain then saving and starting a new level and it worked fine so I think it must be related to how my laptop handles the levels with a lot of erase/groups.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Uploaded experimental editor V1.26-D. This includes the full implementation of autosave (ie: you can now configure the timing or turn it off altogether, and old autosaves can be auto-deleted). It also finally includes alias support, meaning one less situation in which Cleanse Levels is necessary to get a level to open in the editor. That aside, it fixes a couple of other minor bugs. Attached to first post.

@mantha16: This might fix your background bug too. Not sure. I did find a case where backgrounds weren't displaying correctly (though they would still ultimately be saved correctly in the level file, it was purely a visual bug); it's very unrelated to the circumstances you've described but still could possibly make a difference.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Discord message from Armani:

I think I found a bug relating to grouping.

I can group sketch pieces and grouped piece is recognized as a destructible terrain.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Uploaded experimental editor V1.26-D. This includes the full implementation of autosave (ie: you can now configure the timing or turn it off altogether, and old autosaves can be auto-deleted). It also finally includes alias support, meaning one less situation in which Cleanse Levels is necessary to get a level to open in the editor.

Exciting stuff! Does this mean it's possible to rename pieces without breaking levels?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Uploaded experimental editor V1.26-D. This includes the full implementation of autosave (ie: you can now configure the timing or turn it off altogether, and old autosaves can be auto-deleted). It also finally includes alias support, meaning one less situation in which Cleanse Levels is necessary to get a level to open in the editor.

Exciting stuff! Does this mean it's possible to rename pieces without breaking levels?

It always was, it just wasn't previously supported by the editor (so you'd have to run affected levels through Cleanse to get the editor to be able to open them - now the editor can handle them directly).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)