Author Topic: Packs I have, need replays for both Old and New formats.  (Read 1678 times)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Packs I have, need replays for both Old and New formats.
« on: September 03, 2020, 05:33:47 am »
I've been gathering replays for packs listed in the Neolemmix board (even oddball ones such as Steve Insane World)
a few of the ones I don't have a complete pack for yet are of course Sublems(which I'm currently trying to complete). Also lemmings-world tour is not complete-waiting on Icho to finish.
Of course I turned them all green too. all Ron Stards 10 levels I haven't completed yet (I was trying to use Willem's Lp playback for the solutions-but a few he said were too difficult so I'll have to work on those ones)

And even the ones listed from Namida on the Neolemmix website(ie his Lemmings Plus packs(1-6,Omega,Alpha,Holiday Plus), Mazulemming, and Doomsday lemmings.
I've turned green the Doomsday lemmings and Mazulemmings. But not turned green the Plus packs although I have the replays(mass replay checked them-all packs passed).

And of the Non-custom one(ie orig, ohno, holiday, xmas). I've only completed the original ones(for both neolemmix and Superlemmini). But I did complete the Genesis ones(both extra and megadrive ones for both Neolemmix and Superlemmini)

Also trying to gather Superlemmini Replays. Today Zanzindorf posted on Youtube his Special ZZD pack replays so I completed my Superlemmini pack using those.
Also have Zemmings 1 for Superlemmini and 1 and 2 for neolemmix with completed turned green replays.

Note: I don't do old format ones though such as Lemmicks I only want the replays for the new format packs.

Ones such as Sammings I didn't download because Mantha doesn't post replays and not many people do those ones.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 03:26:45 pm by ericderkovits »

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
Re: I have replays for about 98% of the Custom Neolemmix packs on the Board
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 09:23:16 am »
how many people play a pack is completely irrelevant but no I don't post replays because I'd rather people figure puzzles out for themselves and mine are purposely not that hard.  If someone requests a specific replay I might supply it but they can come to me if thats the case.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 08:11:19 pm »
I wouldn't say "not many people play it". It's a much newer pack than a lot of the other ones you've listed, and the forums have been relatively inactive lately.

Creators are encouraged to have replays, but there is a difference between "have" and "post". The primary reason is, by having replays, they can prove (even if they don't publicly post the proof) that every level in their pack is possible. This extends to, if there is an NL update that may break levels or replays, these replays can quickly be tested via Mass Replay Test to check if any levels need adjusting (more often than not, when a replay breaks under such circumstances though, only the replay itself needs fixing, not the level - so it is important to remember they're a tool that helps you investigate; not a magic wand that instantly tells you everything). Even this has no enforcement at any point - the closest thing to "enforcement" is that if someone were to end up posting an impossible level, and especially if they posted several, it would quickly put people off wanting to play any more of their content. It's just advice.

For the record - my personal approach to this is that when I release a pack, I immediately give the pre-release testers a copy of my replays; but I wait a month or so before releasing them publicly. My reasoning is that by this point, they've had about as much exposure to the pack - maybe more - as most general users would have after that month; additionally, it means that if I disappear from the forums for any reason, there is someone else who can confirm that my pack is solvable. Again, to be clear - this is what I do, it is not an "everyone must do this" rule. There's no obligation to share replays at all.

Now with that being said - having a large replay collection is very useful in general, and was something I was hoping to put together myself at some point for the purpose of testing future NL versions to make sure nothing unexpectedly breaks. (Sometimes there will be a physics change, usually to fix a bug, where I expect some things to break. That's fine - the test in this case would be looking for unintended side effects.) That doesn't mean it has to include every level, but there's some validity to the "the more the better" idea. I haven't thought enough about it to figure if that's outright the best approach though, or if carefully selecting levels that "push the boundaries" a bit more (in particular those that involve precise timings / positionings or unusual interactions) might be more worthwhile.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 10:31:50 pm by namida »

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 09:22:08 pm »
ultimately i think i design for the less vocal forum people the lurkers as such as the most active members lean towards harder levels.

Offline kaywhyn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 11:29:05 pm »
Nothing wrong with being someone who makes easier levels. The forums certainly could have more easy level packs available. Most of the level packs available were made by long time forumers who have a lot of experience in level solving and level making and so know how to make really difficult levels. Of course, anyone is welcome to take on the hard level packs, but anyone who isn't as experienced will likely get frustrated and quit earlier than those who are.

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 11:40:05 pm »
how I wish there was more of me :D im out of easier content to play lol

Offline kaywhyn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 12:11:39 am »
Yea, unfortunately I think a lot of the easier content will come just from the new members. The long time members will likely keep making difficult content. Still remaining hopeful for easier stuff to be made and become available, though! Although, as you have seen I certainly don't mind the difficult stuff, as I can handle them, but I have been playing them for so long that it'll be a huge relief to start playing content a bit more on the easy side once I'm done with United, as the hard stuff has been burning me out a lot and is quite exhausting to play, both mentally and physically. Only time will tell, but as namida said the forums seem to be not as active right now.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 12:18:14 am »
Believe me I'm active here.

Offline kaywhyn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 01:05:30 am »
Yes, I know. I'm referring to how the forums seems to be more inactive than usual, just like namida said.

Offline IchoTolot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2020, 07:05:19 am »
The forums certainly could have more easy level packs available.

That's why I prioritized the intro pack since last year and tried to make it as good as possible. I aimed it to teach as many tricks (even advanced ones) as possible as well so that the step to more advanced packs isn't so big anymore.

Also, with my next pack I will try to fill the void of easy/medium difficulty levels as well. So that this new pack will be a natural next step for newer players after the intro pack.

Offline kaywhyn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2020, 08:54:25 am »
Yes, I remember you mentioning your observations of what NL really needs and is lacking topic: NL tutorial pack teaching its mechanics and tricks and filling the gap of less challenging levels. Both of these are great ideas and it's a very sound plan. I'm especially looking forward to your more beginner friendly pack. I also hope my replays and feedback for your tutorial pack are helpful. ;)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2020, 02:47:06 am »
I also tried to make Lemmings Plus VI a bit easier than my other recent packs for much the same reason, although it's still a bit harder than the true "easy" packs - just not nearly as hard as my really nasty ones (LPV / LPO2 / LPA in particular).

Offline kaywhyn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2020, 04:13:39 am »
I also tried to make Lemmings Plus VI a bit easier than my other recent packs for much the same reason, although it's still a bit harder than the true "easy" packs - just not nearly as hard as my really nasty ones (LPV / LPO2 / LPA in particular).

I eventually have plans to take on your Plus and Omega packs, as well as Alpha. I don't know if these packs will be next once I'm done with United, but I know at some point I would like to play your packs, namida. Maybe once I'm through United, I'll go back and try and complete Nepster's Nepsterlems. There, I'm currently stuck horribly on a level that both you and Icho were stumped on. It's a level called Scrap the Builders (the name ring a bell?). Although I still haven't succeeded in solving it, I definitely agree that it's much too difficult for its position (currently in the Sun rank, the 4th out of 6). Speaking of which, have you ever gone back and finished that pack? I ask because I think the last Youtube video of you solving a level from the pack is Black Hole 7 or 8. Not asking you to finish the pack for my own benefit, of course. Like you, I prefer to figure out and solve levels on my own before I watch a replay solution if I'm able to get one. I watch replays only after I solve the level in question first, and so I watch just to compare my solution to someone else's.

Regarding your Plus packs, so far I've only completed Plus 1. Well, "mostly." I say mostly because I managed to complete all of it except for 2 levels. So far, a few years ago, I have only played the Dos version of the pack, as it was originally intended for Dos. In its current version, there's one Danger level that you replaced with a completely different level when you made the NL version which I know the solution to but it is extremely annoying and difficult to pull off on Dos. For 3 good reasons: No framestepping, cannot assign skills while paused, and no directional select. It might be slightly easier on Lemmix, but I'm not sure. It basically involves horizontally bashing with only diggers and blockers. The other one is a Psycho level which I managed to solve in NL, and so I'll just have to try and replicate it on Dos. It's a 1 minute crystal level that involves keeping a basher going with the help of builders in the lattice grid. Those are the only two levels that I have yet to beat on Dos. I don't think I ever will for the former as it's just too difficult to pull off on that engine.

The rest of the Plus and Omega packs I have not played at all, but I would love to. The only other one I have just barely tried some time ago was Alpha, but I've only managed to beat only the first level. Already stuck on the second level, but I haven't spent too much time on the pack in general, so I'm likely speaking too soon. Hopefully when I do come back to Alpha in the future I'll be able to solve the level, but that'll have to wait for another time. I might just start with Plus 2 when I get around to it, but I'll probably do the NL version of Plus 1 as well just for completeness.     

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
my list of new format neolemmix packs i have all the replays for
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2020, 05:40:51 am »
I just wanted to list the new format packs that I have replays for.
list 1 will be for the packs I have turned green
list 2 will be for the packs i have replays for but not yet turned green(replays are good though due to Mass Replay checks)

list 1(replays that are green)
Custom packs

assorted Gubbins
clammings
deceit lemmings
namida's doomsday lemmings
dovelems
festival milas 2018
festival milas 2019
franlems(pack I converted)
geofflems
Godlems
insane steve's world
integral lemmings
Willlem's Lemminas
lemmings destination
lemmings reunion
Willem's Tame gone wild
Willem's lemming's xmas 2019
Willem's let's go the willlem's levels
Willem's minilems
lemmings migration
mobilems 3
nepsterlems
pimolems
Minim's ps3 lemmings
Willem's lemmings recurring
Willem's classic reverse lemmings
lemmings-redux
seblems
sublems
Dodochacalo's special pack(pack I converted)
yippee more lemmings
zemmings 1 and 2
Namida's Holiday Lemmings Plus
Namida's plus Alpha (just turned them green today)
Namida's plus Omega 1 and 2(both now green)
Namida's plus 1(now green)
Namida's plus 2(now green)
Namida's plus 3(now green)
Namida's plus 4(now green)
Namida's plus 5(now green)
Namida's plus 6(now green)
Namida whole collection(LP 1-6,Omega 1 and 2, alpha, holiday lemmings plus)
Namida's Mazulems
nes and zx specrum extra levels
UPDATE: Thanks to Kaywhyn I now have replays for Ron Stards Rodents.
Mantha16's Sammings 2
UPDATE: Flopsys'/Wafflems' MegaSegaBytes. Thanks to Icho I have now turned green his replays

UPDATE: Thanks to Tan x dx for fixing All Hallows eve. Now I have turned green this pack due to Icho's replays
Also Thanks to Tan x dx for fixing Renaissance Lemmings. I have turned them all green thanks to posted official solutions.

UPDATE: Now have Icho's replays for PJW's pack that I packed.
UPDATE: Thanks to Kaywhyn, I now have replays for the TM Challenge pack

non-custom packs

amiga demo
amiga and dos holiday 93 and 94 demo
dos lemmings demo
dos oh no more lemmings demo
extra official lemmings(ie genesis, present, sunsoft, sega, psp, amiga and genesis 2player, other)
genesis megadrive(whole pack not just the extra levels-I made this one myself)
original lemmings(amiga and dos)
SNES Lemming(japanese version)
SNES lemming(american version which includes Ohayo lemming san and removed any references to religion-Made myself)
Xmas 91 and 92 lemmings

List 2 (packs I have replays for but not yet turned green)

custom packs

Lemmings World Tour(thanks to Icho I now have all the replays-still working on turning them green)
UPDATE: Turned them all green even after Strato updated the Rockstar and Legend Ranks.
              when he gets the Encore and Groupie ranks fixed(or new ones from Icho's Updated Rockstar and Legend ones again) then I'll continue with that.

Ichotolots lemmings united (waiting on Kaywhyn to finish and have Icho ok them) also 3 sets of replays-icho's official p.md ones and a 2nd set of other people replays including most from kaywhyn) and an entire 3rd set of kaywhyn's - 4 Genodice and 3 bonus levels)

Namida's Plus 6

Note Also I've finished up to Taxing 28 of my Angry Lemmings(which of course I have replays for)

non-custom packs

don't have replays yet for
holiday lemming 93, holiday 94, holiday 93,94, (dos and amiga)
ohno more lemmings (dos and amiga)

Note packs I don't have complete replays for

Colorful Arty's classic reverse lemmings
Colorful Arty's New Skills reverse lemmings
Casual lemmings.
Willem's reverse Oh no more Lemmings.
Grams88 Ski Sloping lemmings
Mantha16's Sammings 1

UPDATE: 2 other packs thanks to kaywhyn on 1 of them I missed. I don't have complete or no replays on
             Classical Lemmings: only first 2 ranks.
UPDATE: Due to Icho updating his Intro pack, Kaywhyn's and Uberwolfies replays on some levels are now broken. So now I don't have this complete replay list.

Finally, See my other post for collection of replays for old format ones

« Last Edit: Today at 08:07:00 pm by ericderkovits »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: my list of new format neolemmix packs i have all the replays for
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2020, 06:12:12 am »
If you completed Alpha without first viewing the solutions, then a huge congratulations is in order as that's my hardest pack (and I'm known for pretty hard levels, when I want to). Well done! :D