Author Topic: Lemmings All The Styles BETA version  (Read 3737 times)

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
Lemmings All The Styles BETA version
« on: August 29, 2020, 07:55:13 PM »
Provisionally named Lemmings All the Styles where I'm making one level of each style currently available in the editor that isnt custom (no more added after today 29/8/20 will be added unless I really like them) now I might give up before doing them all since theres currently 180 styles.

Heres how I need the communities help.  I am saving levels with their style names so i can keep track of what I've done but when ive finished I will maybe add more interesting level names.

However I dont have the imagination to come up with 180 level titles so

COMPETITION TIME

Can you name some levels?? the only clue you will have is the style name, please use this limited info to get creative.  Message me your suggestions, you can enter for as many levels as you like and I will be doing it in batches as I have to write out all the styles.  Winners will be name checked on the relevant level as a co-author of the level.

The person who suggests the most ideas that i select will win a fabulous mystery prize.

rules

1) suggestions must be made to me by private message, ideas posted here on the thread will be deleted and ignored.
2) keep it reasonably clean some entendre of the double variety is fine just dont be gross.
3) when we get to the honeycomb style (prob batch 2) the entry should be a bee related pun.

First batch entries to be submitted by 10 September 2020 11.59 pm GMT
These are the levels for the first batch

Dirt (Orig)
Fire (Orig)
Marble (Orig)
Pillar (Orig)
Crystal (Orig)
Brick (Oh No)
Rock (oh no)
Snow (oh no)
Bubble (oh no)
Christmas
SMS Sega
SMS Crystal
SMS Dirt
SMS Fire
SMS Marble
SMS Pillar
Dirt (Genesis)
L2 Beach
L2 Cave
L2 Circus
L2 Egypt
L2 Highland
L2 Medieval
L2 Outdoor
L2 Polar
L2 Shadow
L2 Space
L2 Sports
L3 Biolab
L3 Egypt
L3 Shadow

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
Re: All the Styles
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 04:14:40 AM »
well guess no one wants to name levels lol.  OK well if anyone wants to test play then send me  a message

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 07:49:26 PM »
This is a really good idea! Why not extend it to one level in every style including all of the custom ones? That should be an interesting challenge in itself!

Also, due to the nature of the project, it's probably a good idea to keep the level title the same as the style anyways. It saves you coming up with a bunch of titles and brings more attention to each style.

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 08:45:17 PM »
im 70 levels in I'm already on custom styles

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 02:17:43 AM »
still looking for testers :)

heres some stills from some of the levels

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 10:55:35 PM »
well ive got about 95 levels done so far sent the first 55 to WilLem for testing.

I'm going to ask when I launch that people do not post replays.  I want people to actually play the pack.  If you do get stuck you can message me and ill either give a hint or give individual level replays.  My levels aren't that hard generally so hopefully there won't be much need for that. 

Thanks in advance everyone.

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 10:41:25 PM »
108 levels completed a few more screen shots for you

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 10:42:59 PM »
and the logo

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 08:45:03 AM »
Hi mantha16! ;) I think this way, with the screenshots, it's much easier to come up with suggestions for level names. ;) Having the style names alone can work, but it most likely would have lead to very generic level titles, and I guess that's why nobody responded.

Of course, ideally the level title should also somehow refer to the solution. Since I don't know what you have in mind for these levels, my suggestions for their names are only based on what they look like. But it's better than nothing, I guess, so here we go:

Beast: "The pyramid of steel"
Death Egg: "Convey a message"
Purple (namida): "Tangle wire"
L2 Cave: "Bonehoard"
Fire: "Nomen est omen"
Crystal: "Net benefit"
Marble: "It's all Greek to me..."
Circus: "The merry-go-round"
Sandopolis: "Golden wings"
Relic (Freedom Planet): "I clearly suck at Tetris..."
Purple Mod: "Balls out"
Glacier: "Spikes in difficulty"
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2020, 08:51:18 AM »
what I'm so glad about is that you saw the tetris inspiration.  It didnt start off that way I was building it and was like "huh, this looks a bit like tetris" so I leant into it.

As fpr the renaming Im probably going to leave the levels with the style names, yes it might be boring but people will know which styles are used and they might like using them in their own levels and I'm all for encouraging content creators.

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
Lemmings All The Styles BETA version
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2020, 08:08:02 PM »
Ok so due to my studies I don't have as much lemmings time so I am releasing a BETA version of all the styles.

It is incomplete but theres about 110 levels so far, only the first 45 levels or so have been thoroughly tested and are unlikely to change.

Please note there there might well be errors so please allow that to be reflected in any feedback thank you

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings All The Styles BETA version
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2021, 03:22:25 PM »
OK so progress has finally restarted on this

I've now got 135 levels created with 122 rejigged and edited to my liking (mostly because it had been so long since i did them i couldn't remember the solutions)  I think there has been some big improvements.

Theres between 25-30 levels to do  before it will be ready for full non-beta release

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2021, 04:17:23 PM »
I am now up to 145 out of the total 165 levels that will exist heres a few sneak previews

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2021, 02:15:35 AM »
Looking good! Keep it up, Mantha :thumbsup: