Author Topic: Zemmings vol 1 and Zanzindorf ZZD Special Pack for Superlemmini  (Read 3211 times)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
ok I found a couple other packs for Superlemmini in that board.

Zemmings vol 1(note vol 2 is only for Neolemmix) 8 levels.
Zanzindorf's Special Pack 9 levels(3 each for the 3 different styles)

just extract this to your main Superlemmini folder.

Zemmings vol 1 uses the Glacier styles
Zanzindorf's Special Pack uses 3 special Styles.

also both packs have special music

also instead of creating new styles folders, I used the Mod folder for this. So much better

Also I got the replays for Zemmings vol 1 that I got from Youtube.
Zanzindorf's Special Pack No solutions on Youtube so no replays yet.

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
Re: Zemmings vol 1 and Zanzindorf ZZD Special Pack for Superlemmini
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 07:34:50 PM »
Hey neat! I forgot I even made these. Thanks for updating it! Attached are the replays, and here's a video of the replays:

https://youtu.be/pfo1EmrnrGI

I'm thinking about releasing a NeoLemmix version of these levels. I think another user converted them to NeoLemmix already, but the Jill of the Jungle themed levels don't look as nice as they do in Lemmini since they're downscaled to fit NeoLemmix. I may have to redesign them completely.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 08:46:08 PM »
I downloaded the replays, but unfortunately they don't work in v1.04a, I noticed your Youtube solutions used v1.03a, maybe that's why they don't work in v1.04a.
So I'll follow the solutions on Youtube to get my replays.

Also you made Zemmings vol 1 for Superlemmini, but only vol 2 for neolemmix(also vol 1). I already have your replays in Superlemmini vol 1(followed your Youtube replays on this set).

I don't know if you would also do Zemmings vol 2 for Superlemmini as you only have vol 2 for Neolemmix.

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 09:00:49 PM »
Yeah, I need to update my Lemmini. I haven't launched it in years. I kinda transitioned to making NeoLemmix Levels exclusively since I like it's engine and features more. It was getting kinda hard to maintain two versions, and most people seem to prefer NeoLemmix. That's why there's only NeoLemmix for Volume 2.

However, I might release Lemmini versions in the future. I was working on Zemmings Volume 3, and kinda got pulled away from the project due to life stuff. My plans were to include all the levels in volume 1 and 2, plus the one-off contest levels I did, plus this special pack I did for Lemmini, plus a bunch of new levels, plus a new crazy tileset. Maybe now's a good time to get myself working on it again.

I can't make any promises, but I'll message you if I can find some time to convert Volume 2 to Lemmini.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 09:24:03 PM »
yeah that would be cool. I like Superlemmini's graphics much better too than neolemmix. I know that Superlemmini only uses 8 original skills, but at least when playing packs using only those 8, I
prefer Superlemmini over Neolemmix. Also I've converted alot of Lemmini versions to Superlemmini, including Icho's Reunion. Also Pimolems now in Superelemmin(had to recreate 6 glitch levels)

Also I like having more style tile sets too for Superlemmini, which I add to my 1.43 editor, so if I try making levels in Superlemmini, I'll have more choices for tilesets. That why I was asking about
Zemmings 2 as it uses a tileset I don't have yet in my editor.

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 11:37:47 PM »
So good news, bad news.

The good news is, it looks like I have sKiwi (the tile set I use for Zemmings Volume 2) already converted to Lemmini format. You can download here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3xWIYE9dsVlU09za3hqRVpxTVU or check out the forum post here: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=3023.msg65808#msg65808

I did a quick test, and it seems to work in Lemmini 104a as is.

The bad news is, I don't think I'll be converting the Volume 2 levels to Lemmini format in the foreseeable future. I looked to see if there was a way I could convert or retrofit a solution, but it's looking like it's more work than I thought. I also use NeoLemmix specific features in a few of my Volume 2 levels, so those levels wouldn't work in Lemmini regardless.

Hope you enjoy the tile set though!

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 01:48:51 AM »
Awesome the skikiwi works in my 1.43 editor. 1 more awesome style to be availiable to use. also opened test level in editor. looks great.
  Thanks Zanzindorf.

Also it's ok about converting Zemming 2 to Superlemmini. I still have the neolemmix version. At least I have a new style. Thanks again.

also the test level works in Superlemmini with the new Style in v1.04a. Although the level is easy just set RR to 99 and done.

also tested the 2 traps in the level. they work too.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 02:07:28 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 02:58:42 AM »
No problem :thumbsup:

Let me know if you end up making levels with it. I love seeing what people make with my tile sets :laugh:

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2020, 09:47:41 PM »
I'm thinking about releasing a NeoLemmix version of these levels. I think another user converted them to NeoLemmix already, but the Jill of the Jungle themed levels don't look as nice as they do in Lemmini since they're downscaled to fit NeoLemmix. I may have to redesign them completely.

Not necessarily - NL now has a High Resolution mode, so your existing graphics should be fine in that mode. I'd recommend using a decent downscaler to get low-res versions of these, or - if you have the time/patience - simply 50% Nearest Neighbour them and then manually add/remove pixels to tidy them up a bit.

It'd be great to see a full Zemmings pack sometime!