Author Topic: Superlemmini's Lemmings Reunion (Finished)  (Read 12669 times)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: Superlemmini's Lemmings Reunion (Finished)
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2020, 11:03:37 PM »
no all my sega packs work. As long as I uses styles-normal for everything but reunion they work.
I just have 2 folders named one for styles-normal and styles-lemmings reunion only.

what your doing is trying to fix normal levels that will work within reunions styles and visa versa. I was doing this at the beginning too, since reunions styles were
messing up my other packs. But I found out it was too much work. It's just easier to do as having two separate style folders and name the one you want to play as styles.

Edit: both styles-normal and styles-lemmings reunion both have sega styles in them, but they are not interchangable. So i'm not bothering to merge them

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2020, 11:07:21 PM »
That's why I still have the normal styles as backup just in case. I'll definitely report back if there are any other issues, but for now everything seems fine.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2020, 09:20:02 PM »
I just noticed Reunion's Lemmini Solution compared to Neolemmix's solution for HurtMePlenty's 21 Field trip is different. Neolemmix's solution has a climber,floater, and digger left in Superlemmini.
(I didn't change it though because I want to keep the Lemmini version). It's just now when you do this level (in Superlemmini) using Neolemmix's solution, you will not use all skills. Also the replay I had was actually neolemmix's. But when I saw Icho's Lemmini replay he PM'd me, it was different, because it uses the extra climber, floater, and digger. So now I went back and solved using the Lemmini version to collect that replay. So now I have 2 replays for 21 Field Trip. Also actually in neolemmix's level for 21 Field Trip, he did subtract 1 climber, floater, and digger.

For anybody who wants the Lemmini version solution here it is.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2020, 09:59:59 PM »
Keep in mind that Lemmini's version is unpatched, i.e, not as much steel in the starting area and no steel where a climber needs to turn around and dig in the basher tunnel. Even in the unpatched Lemmini version, NL's solution should still work. By sending 2 athletes to the bottom instead of 3, I imagine the time would either be about the same or even a bit tighter, but as long as you release the blockers early enough it should still be doable. In other words, a climber, floater, and digger leftover is simply a variation of the intended solution with not as much multitasking. I don't recall if I sent 2 or 3 athletes when I first played the Lemmini version back then, but it really doesn't matter which solution you use.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2020, 10:12:49 PM »
yes, I noticed their is not as much steel in lemmini's version at the beginning and no steel where the lemming needs to turn around in bashers tunnel. But I made this adjustment for this in Superlemmini. My .ini file for this level has less space at beginning(more steel) and does have steel where the basher bashes where the other lemming needs to turn around.

In other words, I patched it in My Superlemmini to match neolemmix's patched version. But both neolemmix and lemmini's solutions still work in the patched version. Thus I have 2 replays
in my Superlemmini's patched version.

yes, your'e right in Lemmini's version, you send 3 athletes at start instead of 2 thus using all skills.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2020, 10:29:11 PM »
Yea, it seems the long walk around is intended in the level, which is why the steel is there where the basher tunnel is in the middle (block a backroute according to Icho). Not to mention that as you have seen, the level was just a huge problem to edit in Superlemmini due to other unexpected problems, like a climber climbing out to the left at the bottom when it's not supposed to, climbing over a 1 pixel ceiling in the basher tunnel and so had to extend the terrain vertically, and adding more terrain so that a basher can bash the OWW because it can't bash very gentle slopes. Of course, in other custom packs designed for Superlemmini, these issues weren't present, and so I had no idea of knowing these would cause problems on plenty of Reunion levels that you converted. Good thing you're doing these conversion projects to Superlemmini so that some of the quirks of the engine can be discovered and be reported to Tsyu. Still hoping he comes on soon, but let's not get our hopes up for that. In the meantime, you just do whatever it takes to get the level working in the engine. Even Icho said in the OP of his conversion of Dovelems and Pimolems that he "tried to get as close to the original as possible, although some had to be changed in order to work with NL mechanics," such as the fake steel levels being completely reworked so that they have visible terrain mixed in with the steel, making them not blind and guess the path type of levels. Thus, if levels need to be changed in some way so that it's still possible in a particular engine, at the cost of looking nice or the elimination of central tricks intended for the level or anything really, so be it.

Glad to see you're rechecking the levels of your conversion projects, as it's possible that some things might have been overseen

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2020, 09:54:12 PM »
I now have a good idea about how to handle the styles folder for Lemmings Reunion(Superlemmini). Instead of going back and forth renaming the styles folder to the one you want to play
between Reunion and Non-Reunion(all other packs), Just use the mod feature. Now there's no need to switch back and forth.

also in the levelpack.ini (for both lemmini music and neolemmix music) I just added the line: mods = Lemmings Reunion to both levelpack.ini's

Note: I only did this for the styles not the music since I never have to switch with those, but it can also be handled that way.

So here just extract this .rar file to your Main Superlemmini folder. (everything will fall into place)

Now you can just play any pack in Superlemmini without the burden of switching renaming the styles folder.

And thanks again Tsyu for adding this to Superlemmini, unfortunatly regular Lemmini doesn't have the mod feature.

UPDATE: I updated my links for Lemmings Reunion also. Now instead of it saying styles, it says mods(which has the Reunion styles inside it)

UPDATE: I'm putting on Youtube my Lemmings Reunion replays to show lemmings Reunion is now for Superlemmini

UPDATE 2: I wanted to fix my level for 02 09 to match the change Icho made in the Neolemmix version but unfortunately I can't since Superlemmini has the issue with climbers so that fix won't work in Superlemmini.

@Kaywhyn I didn't do that at all for retailiation. I did it because I wanted all intended solutions to be in the pack. I didn't even realize that it can be done with even fewer builders. Now I regret bringing it up at all since
now my Superlemmini level 02 09 now won't match his New level. all I wanted is the level to have miner pickup skills after the 1st building to force the intended solution. But Icho totally changed the intended solution
which is not what I wanted at all.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 10:10:57 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2020, 06:15:57 PM »
UPDATE 2: I wanted to fix my level for 02 09 to match the change Icho made in the Neolemmix version but unfortunately I can't since Superlemmini has the issue with climbers so that fix won't work in Superlemmini.

@Kaywhyn I didn't do that at all for retailiation. I did it because I wanted all intended solutions to be in the pack. I didn't even realize that it can be done with even fewer builders. Now I regret bringing it up at all since
now my Superlemmini level 02 09 now won't match his New level. all I wanted is the level to have miner pickup skills after the 1st building to force the intended solution. But Icho totally changed the intended solution
which is not what I wanted at all.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I see that now. Like I said, you changed both of our solutions, and there's nothing wrong with that. Just keep in mind that if levels play out differently due to the differing mechanics in the engines and the resulting solutions being different, accept it. Nothing wrong with the solutions being slightly different. And yes, I would love to see the climber issue fixed, as it has definitely led to more frustration than was needed, in terms of fixing and playing levels.

Now, if you could fix the misspelling in my username in the replay file name in the other Reunion topic, I be much obliged ;)

edit: thanks a bunch! :) 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 07:13:10 PM by kaywhyn »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2020, 07:14:51 PM »
ok I fixed the misspelling in the replay. This was a typo, because I try my hardest to get it right. perhaps this was late at night so I perhaps was tired.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2020, 07:18:34 PM »
The same thing is present on page 8 as well, but for that one you can just remove that file since it's the exact same replay as the one on page 9 anyway.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2020, 07:30:35 PM »
Done. Also I fixed alot of misspellings on that page not just the replay file. These misspellings must have been old.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2020, 07:33:29 PM »
Ok, thanks! :thumbsup:

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2020, 03:57:53 AM »
UPDATE: I changed my HeyNotTooRough 09 Drunk Lemmings On Their Way Home to match Icho's New Intended solution. Also fire hydrant is now a mini house(causing one to use a miner there).

The original level had 7 builders due to climber issues but doing Icho's new solution I managed to reduce builders to 6(still 1 more than neolemmix). Now it's also possible to do the old version level with 6 as before
(using a 3 builder wall but starting 3 builder wall just left of explosion hole)

But here is the new level .ini with the 1 fewer builders(6)

Note: I solved the new level, so it's possible. Although I prefered his old intended solution.

also I included the new replay for the new level. Also I included the level replay for the old level showing it can also be done with 6 builders

NOTE: I also put the new level in my dropbox for the pack(under levels link)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 05:14:19 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2020, 08:19:42 AM »
Change for Nightmare 25 The Flameout

ok I added 2 small steel blocks on bottom terrain that Icho added in the NL version. I noticed this as Namida used this as backroute on Youtube. Icho mentioned in the comments he added a tiny bit of steel to prevent a long bash left on bottom terrain. I somehow missed seeing these 2 steel blocks when I was converting the pack. I've been watching Namida's play of the pack on Youtube.
1 video per day. Right now on Nightmare 25.

Anyways, here is the new .ini for the flameout. Just put this in your Lemmings reunion level folder. Just overwrite the old one. Note I also updated my dropbox levels folder for the pack.
NOTE: Doesn't affect my replay though.

Also I have a feeling that the NL version will need a few patches after Icho watches Pieuws replays.
I noticed a few backroutes in the 3rd rank that Pieuw had Including the famous rank 3 level The Field Trip(Pieuws solution I don't think is intended, also he had 2 climbers not used)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 08:25:30 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2020, 05:13:39 PM »
ok, as per Icho's NL 4.7 update of Lemmings reunion, I removed the red horizontal dart left of pool table(which breaks Pieuws replay).

I knew Icho was going to fix this one as Pieuw backrouted it. Icho also mentioned 3-20, and 3-22(no fixes though). Yes I thought Pieuws replays were messy on those 2 levels also.

Anyways here is the new 3-21(field trip).ini. Also I updated my dropbox for the levels folder with the updated level 3-21 fix.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 05:29:00 PM by ericderkovits »